Whats the best Case for S4

Search This thread

jimmy2x2x

Oct 20, 2010
It looks great to me, what's the usual retail price, maybe the answer lies there!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

zakkkkk

Nov 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Bought a spigen armor view case and wanted to know if i could turn the sview screen on with the home key instead of the power key. Nothing happens when i press the home key when the case is closed, anbody know how?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Aug 26, 2014
UAG

Urban Armor Gear is amaaaaazing! My phone has fallen 5+ feet to concrete with this case on and just minor scratches on the case's bumper. Doesn't add that much size to the phone, stylish, and a couple of years ago one of the bumpers fell off when I had it on my SG3, I filed a claim with some pics, and they sent me a coupon for a free case through warranty replacement, free of charge the next day.

I can't post links yet, but just look up urbanarmorgear samsung galaxy-s4 and you'll see what I mean!

Reactions: dturro

jhom52

Apr 5, 2011
Dallas, TX
Urban Armor Gear is amaaaaazing! My phone has fallen 5+ feet to concrete with this case on and just minor scratches on the case's bumper. Doesn't add that much size to the phone, stylish, and a couple of years ago one of the bumpers fell off when I had it on my SG3, I filed a claim with some pics, and they sent me a coupon for a free case through warranty replacement, free of charge the next day.

I can't post links yet, but just look up urbanarmorgear samsung galaxy-s4 and you'll see what I mean!

I wholeheartedly agree. I have 3 UAGs for my S4. I switch covers (white, slate, and black) to give me variety. All the cases wear well and provide me with the necessary protection for normal daily use. Also, the UAG is easy to remove and a snap to install. This is very important to me because I rotate batteries on a weekly basis. I also have the Spigen Neo Hybrid. It has been sitting in a draw gathering dust after a couple days use. It doesn't compare to the UAG. My wife has an Otterbox Commuter on her S4. In my opinion, it is too bulky. I don't like the inconvenience of the port covers. It is a pain to remove and install.

Last edited:

Gluestick

Jan 20, 2014
What case should I buy?

I was thinking of buying a new case. I want a cheap and slim case preferably from ebay. Any suggestions?
I was looking for some cheap Spigen cases, have anyone bought it from eBay? (I know a lot of them is fake, but have anyone bought a "good" fake one?)
It would be awesome if someone could link too.

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I was thinking of buying a new case. I want a cheap and slim case preferably from ebay. Any suggestions?
I was looking for some cheap Spigen cases, have anyone bought it from eBay? (I know a lot of them is fake, but have anyone bought a "good" fake one?)
It would be awesome if someone could link too.

Get the diztronic black tpu case. I mentioned it in this thread a few pages back. This case and a tempered glass screen protector is amazing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

shwnr11

Jun 26, 2014

For the incipio cases I have used the following 3.....
Incipio Feather case..... Good for scratch protection but not much, if any protection, from drops.

Incipio duo case...... Great for both scratch protection and drop protection. Only down side is the case within a year will get dingy and dirty looking from oils in your hands and other dirt that may get on it. And there's no way to clean it.

Incipio duo shine case..... Great for both scratch protection and drop protection. Down side, the case it's self will get scratches. And has a more tighter fit than the regular duo. Almost to tight for the phone making it not a perfect fit like the regular incipio duo case.

For me though my favorite of the three was the incipio duo shine with brushed metal finish.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This one: http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Fashion-Fairy-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B00COVZV70/

Anyone who says otherwise is trying to mislead you.
    I've been looking at the Impact Mesh Clear for the S4.
    I'm not sure though if it offers as much protection as the UAG cases.
    I've read that the lip height is minimal, which concerns me regarding screen protection for face down drops.
    I watched this video from 2011 where the guy is slamming his iPhone against the floor several times while it's in a Tech 21 case, but the case in the video appears to offer more protection than the Impact Mesh for the S4 does.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jw0Kky6sZCA&desktop_uri=/watch?v=jw0Kky6sZCA
    I don't own the Impact Mesh so I really can't compare it to the UAG regarding its protection. The case and that D3O does look cool, but the protection it offers is important to me, or rather to my S4 :)
    I have been searching for some real world use videos showing some drop tests, but so far I'm not swayed one way or the other regarding the Impact Mesh case.
    I emailed Tech 21 regarding a couple of questions I had and am awating their response. Since that email, I have a couple of more questions as per the above.

Hello there
    from my experience, i had several cases before and i already tough they gaved me good protection...and they did (spigen for example), although i was always seeking for the right protection that did not make the phone look like a big brick...then i saw this tech21 with impactology technology.... to be honest i dont know if it works of not, but i gave it a change and bought one....the truth is that one day after start using it i felt really comfortable using it. it is slim and gives a good look to the phone...yes it is expensive...but i have broke me S3 screen before having the S4 :(

attached a photo of the cover i am using.
    currently i am using it since 6 months ago without any problem and now bought also a tempered glass (you never know...)

i hope my experience can be helpful.

Regards
    Diztronic black tpu case from amazon/ebay for me :victory: it's thin, has a good raised lip around the edges for a face down friendly design and paired with tempered glass screen protector, I feel I get very good protection.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81NVdFZRfJL._SL1500_.jpg

works well with google edition :)
    Another vote for neo hybrid. Still on the original one from when the phone first came out ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You sir, have made me laugh.
    http://www.spigen.com/brands/samsung/galaxy/galaxy-s4.html

These cases are extremely nice, I'm looking into getting one myself after a bad experience with an INCIPIO case.