Maps App and HTCLinkify Dispatcher

Search This thread

wbell1987

May 8, 2012
Is anyone getting the 3D maps from the Google Maps application on their One X? I am unable to view the I am on the latest software for Maps for Android, yet I still can't get the 3D functionality to work. I have tried every major city in the US and it still won't work. On my Galaxy Note/Nexus it worked just fine here in hawaii, but not with my One X. Also, it seems to take quite awhile to populate the map. Is it slow for anyone else also? Compared to the GSM Nexus/iPhone, the HOX seems to take quite a bit more time.

One last thing, what is HTCLinkify Dispatcher? I keep seeing it running when I hit the multitask button, yet have no clue what purpose it serves. Yesterday, my phone Stayed awake for 3 hours straight causing it die (Power Usage showed a the line for power battery life diving almost straight to 0 with 'Awake' being the sole active process during that time) while I was sleeping. I wonder if this app could be the culprit.

Last edited:

wbell1987

May 8, 2012
Uninstalled the updates and am now a to get 3D maps.

Still seems to render really slowly though.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

fitchpuckman

May 10, 2012
Is anyone getting the 3D maps from the Google Maps application on their One X? I am unable to view the I am on the latest software for Maps for Android, yet I still can't get the 3D functionality to work. I have tried every major city in the US and it still won't work. On my Galaxy Note/Nexus it worked just fine here in hawaii, but not with my One X. Also, it seems to take quite awhile to populate the map. Is it slow for anyone else also? Compared to the GSM Nexus/iPhone, the HOX seems to take quite a bit more time.

One last thing, what is HTCLinkify Dispatcher? I keep seeing it running when I hit the multitask button, yet have no clue what purpose it serves. Yesterday, my phone Stayed awake for 3 hours straight causing it die (Power Usage showed a the line for power battery life diving almost straight to 0 with 'Awake' being the sole active process during that time) while I was sleeping. I wonder if this app could be the culprit.

No idea regarding the Maps. I have not had issues with that App.

As for Linkify, I have noticed that sitting open on my recent apps panel, too. It seems to be related to when one of my browsers is tasked to open a link from within another app (such as clicking a link that someone posted on their facebook status). I can't say this definitively is root, nor does it explain why the process shows up as constantly running.