[q] anyone got OK Google to work on s3mini

Search This thread

suhiSLO

Sep 13, 2010
I was playing with Google now and like it a lot but can't get it to work without hitting the mic button (hotword ok google). Does anyone use it and does it work like on nexsus 5 without the extra app?

I'm set to English (US), functions are on..., did restart, updated all the apps needed...

The for any clue.

eswarvf

Mar 18, 2013
Hyderabad
I was playing with Google now and like it a lot but can't get it to work without hitting the mic button (hotword ok google). Does anyone use it and does it work like on nexsus 5 without the extra app?

I'm set to English (US), functions are on..., did restart, updated all the apps needed...

The for any clue.

read this faq u will find it from now on read this faq thread before you ask

Reactions: mauam

suhiSLO

Sep 13, 2010
The funny thing is - your guide sucks. Removing velvet.apk removes Google launcher and you have to manually open Google now-Google search to use it and OK Google function. + learn proper English or use auto correction. I don't speak English to, but I do my best to be understood.

Reactions: eswarvf

Carlyle_f

Jan 22, 2014
Cape Town
His guide didnt work for me the first time either but I kept trying, even with different launchers I think the trick for me was rebooting before installing Google search and then again after. Now it works. My friend also did this, it worked for him as well. I'm not saying this WILL work for you but its worth a try:) good luck.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

eswarvf

Mar 18, 2013
Hyderabad
The funny thing is - your guide sucks. Removing velvet.apk removes Google launcher and you have to manually open Google now-Google search to use it and OK Google function. + learn proper English or use auto correction. I don't speak English to, but I do my best to be understood.

ok but please don't be aggressive can u tell me where i got it wrong
and
the funny thing is i cant understand what u posted now
i waited for someone to create this guide but no one did so what can i do so i did
so i will edit my guide in your way
u r welcome to give me some changes

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The for any clue.

read this faq u will find it from now on read this faq thread before you ask