Search This thread

BackDaws

Oct 19, 2011
England
lol have you seen the picture quality of the delightful pics taken while you are recording a video ?

Wow JUST WOW......lol

b02

Nov 2, 2011
Podgorica
1. Go Launcher
2. never encountered those. but wifi is dropping after a long sleeptime, luckily, we can always install KQ1 modem, which i think will fix it (anybody tried?).
3. i think there was a build.prop fix for that.
4. what battery issues ?
5. nah, it's the same as before.

i tried and the modem just makes it worse... so, no fix for wifi for now... rest of that i aint gonna comment :)
its all just fine, except the friggin wifi... :D

faidhi123

Sep 18, 2011
lockscreen walpaper

i notice the locksreen wallpaper same eventhough we change the wallpaper
did u all notice it?

had root,deodex,custom kernel, xxkqb..

opps..
my mistake.. don change the locksreen wallpaper only

Last edited:

b02

Nov 2, 2011
Podgorica
i notice the locksreen wallpaper same eventhough we change the wallpaper
did u all notice it?

had root,deodex,custom kernel, xxkqb..

opps..
my mistake.. don change the locksreen wallpaper only

Yes that too... You cant set i to None... You have to have picture as background...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The value pack is already disappointing, The i9000 users haven't got any performance boost, Games still lag (Fifia 2012)
    this just shows that samsung released this so called "value pack" not to improve the phone Functionality but to shut people up who were asking For the ics update,
    cause the benchmark scores are the same no boost in I/O also.

And i know they'll do the same to us, cause these *****es are way too busy with their flag ship devices,
    Qualcomm had released new Gpu Drivers for ics For all Adreno 2xx devices that includes the Adreno 205.
    Those will be useless to us cause we won't have ics.
    I Am really pissed off at samsung Right now.
    I know this thread will be cleaned for all the Abusive word
    but what can i say i buy a phone just 6 months old from samsung and i get this crap.

So i'll say it **** YOU SAMSUNG
    Two new firmware's have just released for the i9001 for Switzerland and Germany
    on sammobile
    i'm downloading the Swiss one it seem's to be an open firmware XXKQB,
    while the German one is a Vodafone firmware VD2KP3.
    i retired my htc G1 after 3 years of rigorous use (flashing, testing, etc)... and i loved that device... gingerbread on it was lame (slow, slow, slowwwwwwwww)... everything on that device was a limit and devs tried to break every limit... crazy tweaks and customizations, ram hacks, and everything to make this device worthy as being the first android device... i am not a developer, but hats off and great respect to all the developers of the G1... and they atleast got a booting ICS rom :D

and then i got this device... the best for the price... and i love it... despite the fact that it has very few developers... samsung will eventually release an update which i am honeslty not looking forward to... it will still have to be modified by the developers here before daily use capability... and hopefully someday yarde and skywalker will bring out their work... i just hope that they dont abandon it in anyway... but still this device does everything its meant to...

and honestly for a guy who moved from G1 to SGS+... i can care less about what samsung provides us... an AOSP rom is an AOSP rom for a reason... once that is up and running i am sure you wont need any support from samsung at all...
    don't know if you already knew it but,

"sammobile announced that the VALUE PACK (last official update) will be released end of march, also for our phone I9001 :) "

unfortunately they didn't release it and we have to wait.. again.

it will include things like face unlock, a program to edit photos and some more things.

more info at sammobile.com

check if it's available here sammobile.com

after a long time waiting samsung released their "value pack" which is definitely not, what we have expected, it's worse.

our phone wont get any more updates from samsung.

download link in this thread (by nail16) : [ROM]i9001[VALUE PACK][XXKQB]

Features: (thanks Dutch.ly)

• Face Unlock;
    • Galaxy S2 Photo Editor;
    • Galaxy Note Lock-screen and new lock-screen sounds;
    • Auto-Rotation is fast – Fast switching from portrait to landscape;
    • Major I/O improvement and improved performance in browser, gallery and gaming;
    • Camera is better and can also take picture while shooting video + Minor UI Change;
    • Galaxy S II themed, mabe parts of TW4;

Screenshot of I9000's value pack (by Faryaab) :

sc20120329174545.png
    Not releasing ics for phones like ours is one of samsungs cheap tricks to increase their sales for their flag ship devices :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: (it's time when i turn into a super saiyain :))

Please transform into goku super sayain 4 and beat those koreans hard :rolleyes:;)