Search This thread

ourico4

May 25, 2012
Porto
"Houston, we have logcat!!"

Finally I got a logcat!!

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main

I//system/xbin/busybox( 89): run-parts: applet not found

I/logwrapper( 89): /system/xbin/busybox terminated by exit(1)

How can I corrected it friends?

MrAwesomePT

Jan 1, 2012
Almada
I don't know much about porting and all that stuff (the only times I tried, I failed...) but if you wan't you can ask for my help. I won't have much time right now, probably for the same reason as you, but I will do my best to help you, and it could be nice to discuss stuff on our own language ;)

Just ask for anything that you need
Good luck with the port :)

Reactions: ourico4

ourico4

May 25, 2012
Porto
I don't know much about porting and all that stuff (the only times I tried, I failed...) but if you wan't you can ask for my help. I won't have much time right now, probably for the same reason as you, but I will do my best to help you, and it could be nice to discuss stuff on our own language ;)

Just ask for anything that you need
Good luck with the port :)

Thanks man! Well i'm stuck in this error with busybox installer or something like that..If u know any Developer u could send the link of the thread and ask for him knows what this:

Is all about...

Thanks again friend!!

Ps. First time doing something like this too, no very little, my degree is pharmaceutical sciences, imagine that, nothing in command with informatic engineer xD xD

ourico4

May 25, 2012
Porto
Busybox system error guess now is solved, I recomplied with kitchen..was seeing if any problems in update scrip got this error, what do u think??
QIRsr.png

ourico4

May 25, 2012
Porto
Quick question: Is there any way of put stock CM9 kernel with ARMv7-a libs, bins and xbins in boot.img?? Guess libs, bins and xbins are in there too (besides the ones in /system/libs)...and this stock CM9 where can I get one that works with HTC Explorer, bacause Htc explorer don't have cm9 based rom :S

ourico4

May 25, 2012
Porto
Bahh..status 0 in all my versions -.-'

Weird it should atleast install, boot.img is all other problem, after install...

Any ideia how to run update-script of golf in explorer whithout giving status 0 or partiton error? Must be a good conbination of Boot.img (golf or stock?) and updater script (golf!!!) + update binary!!

I'm so confuse cause made so many versions, can u enlighten me?

Cheers

Reactions: <JohnCarter>

<JohnCarter>

Jun 1, 2012
Ranchi
same here,n hope it helps

Bahh..status 0 in all my versions -.-'

Weird it should atleast install, boot.img is all other problem, after install...

Any ideia how to run update-script of golf in explorer whithout giving status 0 or partiton error? Must be a good conbination of Boot.img (golf or stock?) and updater script (golf!!!) + update binary!!

I'm so confuse cause made so many versions, can u enlighten me?

Cheers

hey man same here
i've been trying to port polisgblood for htc explorer
so far it was good
but everytime CWM says status 0 error
idk what could probably be wrong with the updater-script:confused:
well I hope it helps:-
greenromproject.com/showthread.php?203-HOW-TO-Compile-a-kernel

ourico4

May 25, 2012
Porto
hey man same here
i've been trying to port polisgblood for htc explorer
so far it was good
but everytime CWM says status 0 error
idk what could probably be wrong with the updater-script:confused:
well I hope it helps:-
greenromproject.com/showthread.php?203-HOW-TO-Compile-a-kernel

Thanks for feedback man! I'm gonna try a new approach, then I say how it went!

Best regards!

<JohnCarter>

Jun 1, 2012
Ranchi
Thanks for feedback man! I'm gonna try a new approach, then I say how it went!

Best regards!

thanks if i helped
hey can u send the link of ur latest sense 4 rom maybe i can help :rolleyes:

hey,i think u should try 2 flash the rom with the original updater-script
n is ur sense 4 rom more than 200 mb in size ?

Last edited:

ourico4

May 25, 2012
Porto
thanks if i helped
hey can u send the link of ur latest sense 4 rom maybe i can help :rolleyes:

hey,i think u should try 2 flash the rom with the original updater-script
n is ur sense 4 rom more than 200 mb in size ?

My netowrk is really awfull today, maybe tomorrow i'll upload, cause i'm doing many builds today and i want to send u the best! :)

My rom 129mb (un-extracted ) ;)

Cheers

mrinsree6

Apr 16, 2012
badkulla
thanks for giving a look in htc pico ICS

really guys i'am email the whole team of htc sales man , customer care, to know if it is possible to put ICS in pico, they said no. now with your work i really felling a ray of hope.

thanks guys

<JohnCarter>

Jun 1, 2012
Ranchi
my rom

I will be posting link 2 my ported rom
it doesnt install maybe u can help :confused:
download it if u get tym 4 it ;)

here's the link to my thread :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26843646#post26843646
plz help n hit thanks if u liked

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

really guys i'am email the whole team of htc sales man , customer care, to know if it is possible to put ICS in pico, they said no. now with your work i really felling a ray of hope.

thanks guys

HTC says low end phones like htc explorer [aka pico] can't run ics
but htc wildfire can run it :mad:

the day is not far u'll have the tasty treat of ics 4 htc explorer :rolleyes:
here's the link 2 my thread :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26843646#post26843646

but it doesnt install hope u all can help :(
n plz hit THANKS if i helped ;)
CHEEERS

Last edited:

<JohnCarter>

Jun 1, 2012
Ranchi
lets all work together

i think we all should work together,than trying to port a complete rom;)

maybe we can divide the work :p
i think this will boost the development :D

ourico4

May 25, 2012
Porto
i think we all should work together,than trying to port a complete rom;)

maybe we can divide the work :p
i think this will boost the development :D

Yes :) But sadly today i'll stop for a while the work (university exams), 28 july I'm back full force!!

See u then, maybe u already ported! Wich would be so awesome :D

Cheers

Reactions: Txask

<JohnCarter>

Jun 1, 2012
Ranchi
Best of luck

best of luck 4 ur exams

n i am stuck with the erroe in sd and a status 0 error :mad:

hope i'll be able 2 do it before

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Friends!

So, i'm trying to port HTC Desire C rom to our HTC Explorer.
    All help and advice are welcome, I don't want this rom to be "my rom" but a rom for all of us and a little bit of everyody :D SEE UPDATE NEWS BELLOW!!

Drooling mode:
    oa93G.jpg

Still not able to boot but it installs!

I followed this guide for help.
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1222746

-----

Help needed

I have doubts of what to do with this files I upload above. Now i'm trying with Stock rom and golf rom...the files are: build.pro, build.img, update.bin and update script,i'll update a folder with theses files from both roms! I guess this files are giving the problems because the rest of the tuturial is easy

So, Golf ---> Explorer, can someone with experience edit theses files so the rom dont have errors in booting up??? I made arrangents as I say below, but no sucess :S

-> build prop must have where is device and all...pico instead of golf!
    ->boot image must be of golf with bootclasspath line edited with stcoks'
    -> Update binary (can i copy paste the stocks one?)
    ->Update script: this is the trick one, i dont know much :S

http://www.mediafire.com/?51v448c5d8hbu1z

Advice would be good too and take action in the port too, let's talk about it in this thread, let's make it a "Explorer's Community Rom" :)
    -----

OTHER PORTS ICS or NOT

Rosie ICS Mod_by ourico4@XDA

I bring u guys,yet, another mod! This time another one to our beloved Rosie, the love of our eyes and the eye candy of our Explorer!

Same drill, flash through recovery,choose stock or jaggy version (this time have no unmod thing, so flash if u really want to, I don't know why u wouldn't :p )

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?gcbxp7jbwhk4mhb

562186_397663480275828_1947972460_n.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

Rosie Mod_by ourico4@XDA - Mod and Unmod ZIP (just change the launcher home buttons to that circles)

Friends I got something for u!! Who likes Stock Rom or Jaggy Rom? Who likes the stock launcher but wished it was a little bit diferent? Well..wait no more!!

Just flash through recovery!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?7ocbx9c2ia80byu

537658_397370306971812_100000965383489_1042638_1794234322_n.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1)‎>>>>BLUEMOD_ZIP: FOR STOCK ROM AND JAGGY ROM!<<<<<<<<

>ZIP for install mod, and.....BIG NEWS: zip for remove mod (yes remove and back to before mode!!) :D

>Back story: I applied the blue-mod theme (see original thread) to my phone but not manually, i tried as dicribed but still getting error in android commander so i make a zip to flash. I creat bluemod_zip based on the mod by user jinjamal in xda (great mod sir!!!)
    I sucessful created a install zip, but how to unninstall? I didn't know..I started to think and I came with a way to do it!!

Ladies and gentelmen I present you the files:

>>>Download (it says green but is the blue mod!)<<<<<

>To those who have stock rom: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6w7m9b2lrx8gs87

>To those who have jaggy rom: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z06ue2ur76s393e

How to install/unninstall: zip of the folder in download (mod ou unmod) in sdcard, then just enter in recovery and "install zip from sd card"...Enjoy!! How simple is that???

>>>>Thanks friend Prasanna Chandra, Ashish Garg, Aabhas Lall and many more that replied to me in facebook group!! And of course to the creator of the mod jinjamal of XDA)

533294_389469747761868_100000965383489_1019352_1530650865_n.jpg

NEWS: Hello friends! It's sad day for me, I'll have to abandon for a while the work in Porting golf rom to our ics :( University matters :( Nevertheless I want to thank all u guys who helped me and made me do things i didnt think i could do or learn related with android!! I had a lot of phone putting together de "bluemod zip" :)

I'll work in the mod when I can (See updates section below for my current developments!)

Thanks friends :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NEWS!!!!

So I was trying a little bit more!

Here my Updater-script and recovery.log of same instalation. Can u find errors? I can't acess logcat :(

Recovery.log http://pastebin.com/LAejRqKs

Updater-script: http://pastebin.com/hhVfH1E9

HERE IS THE LINK FOR MY WORK UNTIL NOW (DO NOT INSTALL; IT WONT BOOT; I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?aeflfe78i2767ok

Experienced DEVS Call-out for help :)

For now thanks to: thomas.raines, benjamin.j.goodwin, QuBe2 and dafabsl for help me where I "returned".

Best regards from Portugal
    Friends I was in contact with some devs of XDA about the problems I was facing porting the golf rom to our explorer and after talking with some I achive this, unfortunatly, conclusion:

We can not port cause Port rom is 4.0.3 and our explorer 2.3.5..well we can port but only with cm9 you can but you should compile a kernel and modules(vey hard work)...So as I said earlier, as we dont have ICS kernel made for ou explorer is next to impossible I think :(

Sorry to bring bad news, but guess it's reality, and for mor work we do in updater script or boot.img (believe I've made at least 40 builds of this mother ****er!!) it wont boot :(

I hope someone mange to fix a "workaround" for this problem or maybe someone makes cm9 for our explorer :)

Best regards!

dont lose hope man ;)
    i've fixed the status 0 error
    i also managed to boot up a ics rom (one for the galaxy mini its cm 9)
    but its very unstable hope it would work :need help :eek:
    "Houston, we have logcat!!"

Finally I got a logcat!!

How can I corrected it friends?
    thanks for giving a look in htc pico ICS

thanks guys
    Get boot.img tools from here- https://github.com/sakindia123/kernel-htc-pico

Split both Htc Explorer and Desire C boot.img's
    Code:
    tools/mkbootfs boot | gzip > unpack/boot.img-ramdisk-new.gz
    mkdir -p target_img
    tools/mkbootimg --kernel unpack/boot.img-zImage --ramdisk unpack/boot.img-ramdisk-new.gz -o target_img/boot.img --base `cat unpack/boot.img-base`
    cp target_img/boot.img output

COmpare bootclasspath and init scripts and take care of permissions,esp. ril and radio