[JB:CM10:HYBRID] ParanoidAndroid 2.5.3 for Bravo & Defy 2nd Kernel

Search This thread

nziria

Go to Settings -- Paranoid Settins -- Apps -- Gmail

Set the layout higher than the 360px default. You'll probably want to lower your dpi for Gmail as well -- I like 160 - 180 myself.

My Gmail is on 160dpi and 720px layout.

I should have added in the first post -- If you were using the old Defy PA, you should factory reset before switching to my PA -- it has a completely different framework with more changes and merges from both PA and Quarx.

i have PA 2.00, the latest. i'll try your settings. i have to reboot on changes?

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
i have PA 2.00, the latest. i'll try your settings. i have to reboot on changes?

I do. You have to when you change SystemUI.

I recommend getting Rom Toolbox (PRO) from the market and using the rebooter widget it provides. Quick Reboot is a must have feature with this rom.

What I do is quick reboot after I do all my changes. If I have any issues after that I'll wipe cache and dalvik. If there are still issues I revert back to my previous settings.

Bootloop Patch in First Post -- See Attachments

There's a fix in the first post. It changes the version from 2.00 back to 1.992 and removes the init scripts. (its quicker for me to release this as a patch versus 450mb upload for 3 build.props). If you're already running PA then just flash this whenever you feel like it, if you're installing PA, then flash this immediately after flashing the rom or gapps.

You'll be notified of a new version being released after flashing this -- Its not a new version - Its the same one you're already running with a higher build number and the bad init scripts. I'm going to release new zips later tonight with the correct prop values and no init scripts (as well as remove the old zips)

nziria

I do. You have to when you change SystemUI.

I recommend getting Rom Toolbox (PRO) from the market and using the rebooter widget it provides. Quick Reboot is a must have feature with this rom.

What I do is quick reboot after I do all my changes. If I have any issues after that I'll wipe cache and dalvik. If there are still issues I revert back to my previous settings.

Bootloop Patch in First Post -- See Attachments

There's a fix in the first post. It changes the version from 2.00 back to 1.992 and removes the init scripts. (its quicker for me to release this as a patch versus 450mb upload for 3 build.props). If you're already running PA then just flash this whenever you feel like it, if you're installing PA, then flash this immediately after flashing the rom or gapps.

You'll be notified of a new version being released after flashing this -- Its not a new version - Its the same one you're already running with a higher build number and the bad init scripts. I'm going to release new zips later tonight with the correct prop values and no init scripts (as well as remove the old zips)

install the defy fix give me an error in recovery:

error in /sdcard/pa-fix-defy.zip
(status 6)
installation aborted.

darshanonline

Oct 19, 2011
PA patch not working on defy red lense gb kernel.. error *** something. getting continuous boot animation .

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
PA patch not working on defy red lense gb kernel.. error *** something. getting continuous boot animation .

Sorry about that -- left out a single " on the last line. I'll have new ones up in a few minutes. I added a few extra lines of text as an upgrade warning from the one I tested.

EDIT: New zips up. Tested and they work. All over a single quotation mark.

You should wipe cache\dalvik after flashing this to be on the safe side.

I'm working on new versions of the roms -- this is one of the most buggy releases I've ever ran. It should be better once I change a few repos around. Seeing as it takes me 12-15 hours to compile all the PA roms, it won't be today.

Last edited:

nziria

Sorry about that -- left out a single " on the last line. I'll have new ones up in a few minutes. I added a few extra lines of text as an upgrade warning from the one I tested.

EDIT: New zips up. Tested and they work. All over a single quotation mark.

You should wipe cache\dalvik after flashing this to be on the safe side.

I'm working on new versions of the roms -- this is one of the most buggy releases I've ever ran. It should be better once I change a few repos around. Seeing as it takes me 12-15 hours to compile all the PA roms, it won't be today.

it's included the 1% battery step?

niksy+

Jan 16, 2012
Skeevy, thanks for building Paranoid for a device you don't even own :) Awaiting next version, sounds like it'll be great :)

aLeda

Mar 6, 2012
Honfleur
Hi, thanks you very much skeezy for the ROM ! :good:
Few questions please:

1. I really have to install the patch ? What happen if I don't install it ?
2. What mean porting please ? (I don't understand when you said by "NO PORTING ALLOWED", etc...)
3. About the notification (Goo.im), I don't understand what to do, just ignore it and it will not appear anymore ?

Thanks you very much dude I can't wait to try PA !! :D

Last edited:

Bleak3993

Feb 28, 2011
Viña del Mar
for Defy with Defy+ build, the procedure is, wipe everything, install paranoid zip, gapps, battery fix, (and for me, droid x governors and simunlock) and then wipe cache/dalvik and reboot,... right? I miss something?

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
it's included the 1% battery step?

Yes

Skeevy, thanks for building Paranoid for a device you don't even own :) Awaiting next version, sounds like it'll be great :)

Thanks. I'm still getting a few bugs worked out. Apparently every rom has the Defy Plus battery files installed....even on my Bravo and I double checked it -- I've been a little bit out of it lately worrying about my Dad and his health problems.

Hi, thanks you very much skeezy for the ROM ! :good:
Few questions please:

1. I really have to install the patch ? What happen if I don't install it ?
2. What mean porting please ? (I don't understand when you said by "NO PORTING ALLOWED", etc...)
3. About the notification (Goo.im), I don't understand what to do, just ignore it and it will not appear anymore ?

Thanks you very much dude I can't wait to try PA !! :D

1. You'll bootloop -- simple as that
2. Just a bit of a gag -- I used to port a ton of Defy roms back in the day. Now that I'm getting in to source and compiling I don't like to port anymore.
3. Its set to scan the server on boot and whenever you tell it to (2hrs, 4hrs, 12, 24, etc) You can disable it completely if you don't like it. The issue is the first roms were version 2.00 in the build.prop -- that was a mistake and it should have been 1.992. It'll notify you that a new version is available even though its the old one prepatched because it has a highter version number. It'll be resolved on the next release.

for Defy with Defy+ build, the procedure is, wipe everything, install paranoid zip, gapps, battery fix, (and for me, droid x governors and simunlock) and then wipe cache/dalvik and reboot,... right? I miss something?

Yes. Pretty much that. A tip that I recommend to do now is to open the DX Govs and rename cpufreq_smartassV2.ko to cpufreq_smartass.ko. By doing that you'll be able to tweak V2 in the bootmenu with the smartass settings. I'm about to do the same on my repo and V2 will be installed by default next release. After doing that you can delete Boostedass from the Pack since boosted is installed by default and better than Boostedass (you can't tweak Boostedass at all or it crashes).

Reactions: aLeda

nziria

No Battery logo, it show 1% on Lockscreen, LED goes Red Continuesly...
Defy Red lense...

try to wipe all, clearing battery stats, reflash the rom and see result,i recommend you to use froyo kernel because proximity sensor work only with it.

if the problem persist,try to flash a stock froyo rom with RSD,root it,2nd-init and then flash the paranoid android

if RSD won't allow you to flash the .sbf, place the file in c: and rename it in: flash123.sbf
it will work.

aLeda

Mar 6, 2012
Honfleur
1. You'll bootloop -- simple as that
2. Just a bit of a gag -- I used to port a ton of Defy roms back in the day. Now that I'm getting in to source and compiling I don't like to port anymore.
3. Its set to scan the server on boot and whenever you tell it to (2hrs, 4hrs, 12, 24, etc) You can disable it completely if you don't like it. The issue is the first roms were version 2.00 in the build.prop -- that was a mistake and it should have been 1.992. It'll notify you that a new version is available even though its the old one prepatched because it has a highter version number. It'll be resolved on the next release.

Thanks you very much, about the 2nd, I'm still not understanding sorry, I don't understand what mean porting ^^

ldiomedi

Oct 11, 2011
Córdoba
Same thing, now my battery runned off while I was sleeping with charger connected. Becouse it just do not charge!!!
Now I can't anything with the phone! It do not powers on even when connected to usb or charger.
What the hell am I suppoused to do now?!!!!

Look through the xda. There's a way using an alternative usb cable cutting it. The method is called mcghiver. I used it once to charge the bat without the phone but can't remember exactly how. Must be careful because u can damage the battery, but it works

Enviado desde mi MB526 usando Tapatalk 2

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Same thing, now my battery runned off while I was sleeping with charger connected. Becouse it just do not charge!!!
Now I can't anything with the phone! It do not powers on even when connected to usb or charger.
What the hell am I suppoused to do now?!!!!

You have a couple of options you can do to resolve this issue. There are faqs\guides here on xda about the first two options.

1. Buy/make a Motorola Factory Cable (I recommend buying\making one, everyone who flashes roms should...)

2. Splice open a usb cable and attach the postitve and negative leads to the battery and either let it charge for an hour or put it in the phone with the leads on the battery and phone battery prongs at the same time (I've had to do that before, never flash an sbf with under 50% battery)

3. Use an external battery charger.

4. Use a friends battery for a few minutes.

5. Plug it into a WALL OR CAR CHARGER and leave it there for at least 8 hours, up to two days; sometimes you'll get lucky and it'll start taking a charge. You'll never get lucky with a PC USB port, at least I never did.

A factory cable is a good thing to have around -- you can flash roms\sbf's with a dead or no battery in the phone. The way they work is by powering the phone directly from its USB port.

I recommend keeping one of the battery fixes on your sdcard, especially if you flash a lot of roms. They come in handy in cases like this. From what I understand is that there are two different versions of the Froyo Kernel battery files plus another version for the Defy Plus. Once you find the ones that work best for you make a flashable zip or replace the files included in one of the battery fixes if you don't know how to make flashable zips; then just flash you're battery zip once your done flashing the rom you intend to use.

Also, take a look at the Battery Drops Explained thread. It has a lot of useful information in regards to this problem.

Well, I'm gonna get back to merging in some Spanish Translations for PA -- They're starting to piss me off since the PA is formatted slightly different than Quarx's (some strings are at very different places -- if even one string is duplicated it stops the build completely)

Reactions: ldiomedi

Kayant

Jul 14, 2011
@skeevy420

Did you still have the rules in vendor and common device trees?? Maybe that's what is causing the battery problems...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoidxqkmy.png

OP-1-Defy.png

OP-3-Defy.png

OP-4-Defy.png

OP-2-Defy.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone.
    For more information about PARANOIDANDROID please check this website
    paranoid_instructions.png

paranoid_hints.png

Our webpage: http://www.paranoid-rom.com/

paranoid_trouble.png

This rom is based of the latest ParanoidAndroid sources and Latest Quarx CM10 sources, both as of 09-19-2012 around Noon CST. Any problems or ParanoidAndroid or Quarx's CM10 will be present in this rom. That said, most things are workings as expected, if you have problems can always report it here in the thread, I will be happy to help. This rom is fully built from source and always will be -- NO PORTING ALLOWED :p

paranoid_credits.png

A Special Thanks to Quarx, Kayant, Tezet, Nadlabak, and Epsylon3.
    Thanks to these guys for general help : cdesai, m11kkaa, gokussjx, scott.hart.bti, brajesh.sharma87
    D4rKn3sSyS, molesarecoming and other PA members.
    ldiomedi for the images
    Tips and Tricks
    • Go to Settings\Performance and enable 16bit transparency
    • FROYO KERNEL - Change the Overclock values to 300@20\700@42\1000@54 for better battery life and vsel2 usage.
      [*}All Kernels - Select "Use Default Values" in oc config to use my values for all governors
    • Restart the system once you're done changing values (dpi, layout, etc) in Paranoid Preferences to prevent glitches.

System App "Bugs" -- Valid for any CM10 Rom and CM9 for Apollo
    • If the AOSP keyboard keeps taking preference and you don't want it to, delete LatinIME.apk & LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk or rename to *.apk.bak
    • If Apollo intercepts your long press volume track change or the lockscreen music widget doesn't work correctly, delete or rename Apollo.apk
    • This rom includes (and always will) a 30 step volume mod, if it messes with your player then uncheck "Direct Volume Control" or the appropriate setting in your music app. I'm an audiophile and prefer the 30 step mod over the default 15.

Updating the Rom
    • For Dirty Upgraders (non-Factory Reset install) all you have to do is flash the rom -- no dalvik or cache wipe is required -- they're built in.
    • This rom includes GooManager and it will let you know if a new version of ParanoidAndroid available.
    • The roms in Rom Manager are from Quarx's server. I'll be removing this in later versions of PA.
    • I recommend a full factory reset when installing new versions; but I do that with every rom I flash.:p
    • Use GooManager to update this rom -- It'll automatically reboot into recovery, wipe what you selected it to, flash the rom, and flash gapps. The only thing you have to do when updating is say yes to wipe dalvik cache and reboot. :)

Bugs
    • Settings>Storage has the SDCard listed as Internal Memory
    • Settings>Dev Options>Force GPU Rendering -- can cause the Status Bar to not appear
    • Settings>Display>Enable On-Screen Buttons -- does nothing, use Settings>System>Navigation Bar instead
    • Settings>Display>Change Height -- doesn't work with Navigation Bar (see the above bug)
    I just finished compiling PA based on CM10. :D

What sucks is both my phones have less than 40% battery so I gotta wait to see if it works. At least it compiles from start to finish :p

I'll post an update in an hour or two once the Defy is charged up and I flash it.

Figured ya'll would like to know.
    Figured I'd post something because its been a while since I've been online.

Over the past month my Dad's had surgery (appendix and part of colon removed) and I also got a job. Between helping family and work I haven't had much time to play with android.

I also found a pc in a garbage can a work (quad core intel, 3 gigs ram, 640gb hd -- better than my old dual core athlon64, 2 gigs ram, 500gb hd) and I've been getting it set up as my new build box. I'm almost done with that (still need to sync with git) and I need to set up my old pc as a file server and I'll be back in business. Updating PA is the 2nd thing on my list after I port over a new CM7 for the Bravo (the port usually only takes two hours including uploading the rom). I'm also going to look into using the custom kernel with PA.

I've been out of the loop for the past month so hotlinks to relevant custom kernel info will be greatly appreciated.

If it makes anyone feel any better, I'm still running the last PA I uploaded. Yes, I've been that busy.
    Here's where I'm at now.

An updated Paranoid is about 30-50% done -- a test build I'm probably not going to release is almost done compiling (20-40 mins or so) -- still needs quite a few cherry picks and whatnot to be fully complete and up-to-date with Quarx's CM10 base. Its almost pure PA, for the most part, so things like Proximity Sensor always on fix, backlight fix, etc aren't added yet; just some usb fixes and fm (hopefully). It'll also be a Defy+ rom with patches for Defy and Bravo -- Defy patch is only for build.prop, Bravo patch is build.prop and our imager binary -- I may just patch the imager binary for Bravo and leave branding as Defy+ since the app selection is better and do no Defy patch... Its also gonna be a custom kernel rom; so far no changes have been done, but I'm gonna add in some of Blechd0se's commits like governors, bfq, etc. I'm glad I finally found the time to get back to this -- as much as I love CM10, PA is a much funner rom imho; especially if ya can't stop fidgeting and tweaking crap :p.

/Hopefully the FM fix I did mid post works :fingers-crossed: (I'm only doing a few picks at a time to minimize errors)
    //If the test build half ass works I'll upload it -- Defy+ only, no patches, removing apps manually due to space restraints will be required; eg, an alpha build for advanced users
    ///Posted most of this in the Bravo forums -- only posting here to keep our nice, polite, and quiet Bravo forums nice, polite, and quiet :cool:

Not related to PA, but with custom kernel CM10 I easily get 40 hours of battery and that's with wifi on at least half the time, 3g on when needed, gps always on, reading xda posts from the crapper in morning for 10-20 mins (wifi), 4-6 hours of music a day, 4-6 checks of the market a day for updates, 30 mins of calls per day, 1-3 mins of torch per day, autobright on, Zram on, Comcache on, Undervolted to 300@22, 600@37, 800@47, 1000@54. Defy Green Lens with the cheapest generic battery Newegg had to offer :) -- Rom is Quarx's 11\18 with old battd if anyone is curious.

I've seen posts talking about the bad battery life with CM10 and that has never once been the case for me.

/Dammit -- gotta pick in proximity sensor (my latest build error -- sucks cause its literally right before the apps compile. Something to do tomorrow after work -- its bed time now. At least the FM fix from a few mins ago worked.