Connection is not stable on Wifi

Search This thread

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
Was it this you turned off? I've had it off since the beginning. I used to get the wifi unstable notification right out the box. But I shut this off. Go to settings, click wifi, hit menu key next to home button, advance, turn things off until you get it to stop. I also turned off auto switching. Which I think that's the problem if you ask me. Because it would pop up then auto switch off wifi because it was unstable. It will still switch back and forth when you leave house but it just won't switch because it thinks it's bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394650618434.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394650618434.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 194

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
Was it this you turned off? I've had it off since the beginning. I used to get the wifi unstable notification right out the box. But I shut this off. Go to settings, click wifi, hit menu key next to home button, advance, turn things off until you get it to stop. I also turned off auto switching. Which I think that's the problem if you ask me. Because it would pop up then auto switch off wifi because it was unstable. It will still switch back and forth when you leave house but it just won't switch because it thinks it's bad.

How did you change the background behind the settings menu and how did you get that 4G icon? Thanks :)

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394678314705.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394678314705.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Reactions: MattMJB0188

eroracing

Nov 24, 2007
I turned on this dumb app from at&t about 2 months ago and the stupid unstable wifi has never returned! The app actually works okay..... I haven't noticed any unusual battery drain. I have it set to my spots only. Hope this helps!

Sent from my Note 3 SM-N900A rooted by Designgears

eroracing

Nov 24, 2007
Here's a pic

Sent from my Note 3 SM-N900A rooted by Designgears

Attachments

• 1394866638011.jpg
    1394866638011.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 144

ahmadshawki

Aug 1, 2007
Mansoura
Yeah, that may be my problem. It doesn't happen with any other devices though but maybe they just don't play well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have that problem with the newest Comcast modem, the D-Link media router, at work and 2 AT&T hotspots and 2 public wifis in the neighbourhood. I think it's the phone. It's been brought up in the AT&T forums and some people suggested replacing it from AT&T after all measures failed.
I just learned to live with it ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok try this. Go to settings, then connections at top, click wifi, then hit your menu button next to home key, click advance, turn off automatic switch from mobile to wifi networks. It will still switch between them automatically but won't switch when it's unstable.

uploadfromtaptalk1393868607266.jpg

I have a stock Note 3 that is rooted. I am constantly receiving a connection not stable warning when I am on any wifi.

I have tried all the fixes I have seen in the forums. Does anyone have any other suggestions to fix this on 4.3 or should I just wait and see if it's fixed with 4.4?

I haven't found anything that works for me. Hoping Kitkat will fix it.
    I have a stock Note 3 that is rooted. I am constantly receiving a connection not stable warning when I am on any wifi.

I have tried all the fixes I have seen in the forums. Does anyone have any other suggestions to fix this on 4.3 or should I just wait and see if it's fixed with 4.4?

When you get that notification in your notification menu, if you click it you can disable that particular notification if it bothers you.
    Ok, this is fast becoming more & more bothersome. I'm not getting those pop up messages since I checked the disable box, but now my wifi is dropping in & out 2 or 3 times an hour. I thought that the messages about unstable wifi network was just a false message, and didn't actually mean my wifi signal or connection was "iffy".
    Is this something fixable, or would be returning my phone be more better.

Coming from where the wind begins.....

I am on my third week with it. Not sure if it happens with all the phones or not. I am just hoping Kit Kat will fix it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I was having that problem as well. Thing I didn't notice was that it was happening on all the wireless devices in my house but my Note was the only thing that notified me about it.

Saw another thread that said to make a change in the router settings- set a fixed channel as opposed to letting the router flip through them. Did that and haven't had the problem since.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app