Custom ROM/Kernel for Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570)

Search This thread

jackmini

May 21, 2011
Hi,

Can I backup the current kernel as a backup? Or use the CODE_S5570DXKA8_REV02.tar.md5 to do original restoration for DXKB1l?

Thanks.

ezkaton

Mar 11, 2011
Surabaya
Nothing on market, btw thank you,, your framework is very beautiful,, i will think if install the asian firmware, only the language block me for now... :eek:

Ps but your fw can be use only on asian firmware?

Hi, i'm crazying, i'm install the last asian firmware so can you share that modded framework and how to install it?

Thanks man!

If you found a way to install the italian firmware in future it will be a great gift;)

I've tested latest asia firmware, dxkd2 right? and my framework not match with that firmware, it's just bootlop my device :) so I still used dxka3 firmware :D, FYI my framework work flawless in dxka3, only need copy paste in root explorer, but if you like to edit framework for your dxkd2, I will share it dude :D just a little work
Hi,

Can I backup the current kernel as a backup? Or use the CODE_S5570DXKA8_REV02.tar.md5 to do original restoration for DXKB1l?

Thanks.

yes CODE_S5570DXKA8_REV02.tar.md5 as backup..

Last edited:

livetek

Nov 1, 2008
St denis
livetek.fr
Is there any update about the Android 3.0 with Honeycomb on the Galaxy Mini ?
And about the next update of this custom kernel to support Swap.

Thanks for reply !

ask4mie

May 11, 2011
I've tested latest asia firmware, dxkd2 right? and my framework not match with that firmware, it's just bootlop my device :) so I still used dxka3 firmware :D, FYI my framework work flawless in dxka3, only need copy paste in root explorer, but if you like to edit framework for your dxkd2, I will share it dude :D just a little work

@ezkaton, where did u get dxkd2? can u share it? :eek:

septy_b

May 24, 2011
Hi. I have a problem.
I upgraded to the latest firmware trough kies then i flashed to your rom, but with phone not being rooted. The flash was ok but now the wifi doesn't work anymore. I tried doing everything, i rooted my phone now, i tried live battery pull, factory reset. I even tried that command that tests the wifi *#*#526#*#* but it says "Driver loading unsuccesful".
I don't know what to do anymore.

PS: The last firmware that i updated trough kies is very lame, orange stuck their fingers in it so it has their startup logo, laucher and stuff like that so i tried upgradind to the latest firmware with samfirmware.com using odin. When i download the firmware it is a .tar archive that i don't know what to do with it, i don't know where to put it in odin.

Please help

keas

Apr 18, 2011
www.abstract-digital-art.com
Hi. I have a problem.
I upgraded to the latest firmware trough kies then i flashed to your rom, but with phone not being rooted. The flash was ok but now the wifi doesn't work anymore. I tried doing everything, i rooted my phone now, i tried live battery pull, factory reset. I even tried that command that tests the wifi *#*#526#*#* but it says "Driver loading unsuccesful".
I don't know what to do anymore.

PS: The last firmware that i updated trough kies is very lame, orange stuck their fingers in it so it has their startup logo, laucher and stuff like that so i tried upgradind to the latest firmware with samfirmware.com using odin. When i download the firmware it is a .tar archive that i don't know what to do with it, i don't know where to put it in odin.

Please help
Hi, don't panic. You may want to go to the instructions given earlier in this thread. Pick the firmware you need from samfirmware.com. Make sure to use the odin dedicated to your device. Follow said instructions. That should flash-out everything.
keas
PS: in step 5) use the OC.tar.md5-file that comes with the firmware you selected.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: Me are not responsible any problems caused by installed kernels.

So, Do it at your own Risk..!

For flashing this kernel is need the root access, because it will use SetCPU or similiar tool for managing the frequency.

Step:
    1. Download the needed file --> TASS_OC.7z
    2. Extract TASS_OC.7z
    3. Run S5570_Odin Multi Downloader v4.38.exe
    4. Click OPS button and choose TASS_v1.0.ops
    5. Clink PDA buton and choose CODE_S5570DXKA8_REV02_OC.tar.md5
    6. Power up Phone to Download Mode (Center key + Vol Down key + Power key)
    7. After Odin detected the Phone, Click Start button
    8. Wait for flashing process is finnished, and install SetCPU or similliar tool.

After that, you can configure the frequency...

For back to stock kernel, the step is same as above. but you choose the CODE_S5570DXKA8_REV02.tar.md5 for PDA.

Note: If the phone is hang or reboot, choose the lower frequency until you find the stable frequency.

I can play AngryBird RIO very smooth on 825MHZ with Performance for Scaling profile..

Just press Thanks button if you like my compiled kernel.. :)
    This is the lover overclock kernel:

View attachment CODE_S5570_KRNL_OC.tar.md5.7z

Max. at 806MHz and automatic set to 600MHz at booting (to prevent boot fail)

Just press thanks button if you like it..! :D
    I have to start developing the kernel, for the custom rom is not yet.

For now i focusing to overclock and add more feature in kernel.

The progress until now is i can get stable on 800mhz.

Sent from my Ideos
    Yet another ROM for Galaxy Mini :D

Recompiled kernel to support ext 3/4, tun/tap, cifs, swap (sorry not overclock)
    Pre-rooted
    ADB as root
    Busybox, tune2fs, mke2fs, and e2fsck commands (via adb) on recovery
    init.d support
    Added script to format SD card 2nd partition to Ext4
    Filesystem check before mounting in place
    system, data, cache partitions converted to ext4
    DT's a2sd 2.7.5.2-1 (please notes below)
    Uncommented install-recovery.sh (for people using link2sd, please see notes below)
    New bootanimation
    Removed startup sound
    CRT animation when turning off screen (to enable, go to Settings>Display>Animation and select 'All animations')
    Custom theme ==> courtesy of our Galaxy Ace friends http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1168
    Reboot, Recovery and Download shotrcut on Power Option
    myfiles replaced with rootexplorer, touchwiz replaced with zeam
    Google apps removed (see attached apks to re-install)
    OpenVPNSettings (inlcuding binary), Screenoffandlock, and CifsManager pre-installed
    Changed default language to English

Pre-install Notes:
    This is based on the Android 2.3.4 Europe firmware from samfirmware.com (S5570XXKPI_SERKPI_XXKPI). So if that firmware does NOT work for you, DO NOT flash this one.

FLASHING DISCLAIMER APPLIES!

1. Backup! Backup! Backup!
    2. Download and unzip file http://www.gamefront.com/files/20518220/S5570_GB_MOD.tar.zip
    3. Flash as 'One Package' using Odin
    4. Done!

Additional Notes:
    The "can't mount....." error in recovery mode is normal. Just ignore it.
    Wiping data or cache in recovery will reformat BOTH data and cache partitions. So please be careful if you wish to wipe cache partition only BECAUSE IT WILL WIPE DATA ALSO
    Minor issue with the custom theme ==> Menu fonts are not visible on some apps. If you want to revert to stock theme, apply attached Stock_Theme.zip as an update zip

Darktremor a2sd and Link2sd Notes:
    Do not use BOTH at the same time. Either you use a2sd only or link2sd only. DT a2sd mounts 2nd partition in /system/sd while link2sd in /data/sdext2. Default mount is a2sd. So if you want to use link2sd over a2sd you need to disable a2sd's mounting by executing the command below as root -

chmod 640 /etc/init.d/00-sdmount

Some screenshots -

image2.bmp.jpg

image1.bmp.jpg

image4.bmp.jpg

SC20110705-225455.png

SC20110705-222529.png

SC20110705-222735.png
    same here dude, confuse to make custom boot animation work on my mini, please anyone to share your file/tut in here :)

OK. For those who want to enable bootanimation, here is how it's done -

Since bootanimation is disabled in init.rc, we will use samsungloop instead :D

Code:
    service media /system/bin/mediaserver
        user media
        group system audio camera graphics inet net_bt net_bt_admin net_raw
        ioprio rt 4

#service bootanim /system/bin/bootanimation
    #    user graphics
    #    group graphics
    #    disabled
    #    oneshot

service samsungloop /system/bin/samsungloop
        user graphics
        group graphics
        disabled
        oneshot

1. Using any root explorer app, rename (or delete, just make sure you have a backup) the 'samsungloop' file to located in /system/bin
    2. Rename the file 'bootanimation' (also located in /system/bin) to 'samsungloop'
    3. Now put the bootanimation.zip of your choice in /system/media folder

Done! Enjoy ;)