[ROOT] Motorola Motoluxe XT615

Search This thread

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
TWRP for XT615

I have packed a TWRP for XT615. Credits to the devs that ported for Xperia J, I have just repacked it for XT615.

This is only for use in fastboot.

Instructions:

1. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.

2. In cmd type
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

3. Then in cmd type
Code:
fastboot boot TWRPXT615.img

Last edited:

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
English Version of Canadian XT615 ROOT Program

I have attached the English version of the VRoot Program.

Attachments

• VRoot_1.6.0.3689_english.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 684
Reactions: jmzwcn

reemobeens19

Jan 27, 2008
Just here to say that this method for the canadian version using the asian program works with the Motorola Defy Straighttalk USA xt555c with the latest firm ware ending in 67d. Ive been hunting this for a while, thanks a bunch for the awesome work!

Last edited:

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
New way to root canadian xt615.

@diskodasa and @jmzwcn

I have compiled the latest Canadian XT615 SBF with fastboot from older firmware.
Only flash this SBF if you are on latest Canadian XT615 firmware!

Instructions:

1. Download the Fastboot SBF attachment.
2. Extract all the files out of the zip making sure all the files are in the same place.
3. Put phone in flash-mode and connect it to the computer.
4. Install RSD-Lite if you haven't done so.
5. Now select the SBF and it will flash fastboot to your phone. Don't worry about the flashing errors because it won't affect the phone at all. Disconnect the phone out of the computer and pull out the battery to get out of flashmode.
6. Type in this command in cmd
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Now you see a screen that says fastboot mode so you can root the phone.
8. Now reboot the phone back into Android by typing in the command in cmd
Code:
fastboot reboot

In the future, I will teach you how to downgrade back to the old firmware without touching the bootloader.
Refer to this post for the next steps to root the phone: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33473294&postcount=1

Attachments

• IRM-174F-0-1022-A01_BFM_Bootloader_Fastboot_Signed.zip
    350.6 KB · Views: 299
Jan 30, 2014
hyderabad
question

@Dr_Wolodya and @diskodasa

There's a working root method for Canadian XT615

http://www.droidevelopers.com/f455/15005-motorola-motoluxe-canandian-version-rooted.html#post63739

ROOT Package in the attachment. Thanks to droidev.

I've seen several posts on the forum root and rebut the idea is not any as I think most works , the idea is to have a method more and be faster for users not so introduced into the environment

Requirements:

1. Motorola Drivers: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/88481
2.Enable usb debugging ( settings / applications / developer / tick the usb debugging option ) and enable unknown applications ( settings / applications / tick the option unknown source applications )
3.install in the Attachment program

To install it give you double click the exe file and open a window so

attachment.php

and you are done click the highlighted option , then I will leave the window and select location of the highlight

attachment.php

then selected so

attachment.php

Then ending is branded so

attachment.php

and the last image only accept the only option listed below , they will open the program and begin to download showing a picture so

attachment.php

They let you download necessary.After all this ready connect the phone via usb cable and give the button that recognize at this picture below

attachment.php

After this procedure, the phone will reboot a few times after ( approx 4 times ) and finally show them a picture exactly like the last ( to me and youI get root ) and ready.

Clarification : Do not disconnect the cable during the root because it can cause any problems to the computer.

Extra: This method supports the root for the Canadian version of the Motorola Motoluxe ( since it is impossible for another method )

From what I have understood you can rooting any phone with this program , it is in you to try another model but is very likely to work .

Source:

droidevelopers
grupoandroid

Author:

Argentinian Doctor

also thanks to google translate

@luxxx123 Update the OP, Canadian XT615 Finally ROOTED.

will it work for samsung galaxy star duos GT-S5282

sergio_sos

Dec 7, 2011
Rosario
First of all I want to thank you for the tutorial. It was easy to root the phone with this.

But now I have a problem (it is actually my dad's phone).
Google maps is not working anymore, and it worked ok befero I rooted the phone.
Could you please tell what should I try or why is that particular app not working anymore?
The error says that it cannot open the app because it needs to use data (like 3g) and then it FC. I have of course wifi connected, and it should work with that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MauroSZ

Dec 18, 2012
TWRP for XT615

I have packed a TWRP for XT615. Credits to the devs that ported for Xperia J, I have just repacked it for XT615.

Instructions:

2. In cmd type
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

3. Then in cmd type
Code:

Hi rootdefyxt320,

As you know, I own a XT687 and XT615 CWM 6.0.2.7 works well on it. I am supposed with TWRP for XT615 will be the same. But I couldn't notice your TWRPXT615.img attachment. May you tell me where I can download it ? or share it please !

Thanks in advance!

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi rootdefyxt320,

As you know, I own a XT687 and XT615 CWM 6.0.2.7 works well on it. I am supposed with TWRP for XT615 will be the same. But I couldn't notice your TWRPXT615.img attachment. May you tell me where I can download it ? or share it please !

Thanks in advance!

I deleted it because of reports that it wouldn't boot. I have to build it from source but I don't have the device, so I can't really do anything.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

First of all I want to thank you for the tutorial. It was easy to root the phone with this.

But now I have a problem (it is actually my dad's phone).
Google maps is not working anymore, and it worked ok befero I rooted the phone.
Could you please tell what should I try or why is that particular app not working anymore?
The error says that it cannot open the app because it needs to use data (like 3g) and then it FC. I have of course wifi connected, and it should work with that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please reflash your stock SBF. Sorry, for the really late reply.

cvittas

Mar 4, 2012
Nea Artaki
Hello, I had my XT615 rooted with the new method and then installed the Android 4 theme. All of these worked great and smooth.:)
But when I tried to reset the factory Settings in the phone, that got into a boot loop. So now I can't gain access to the phone through the PC. Is there a solution? Any help appreciated.

MauroSZ

Dec 18, 2012
Hello, I had my XT615 rooted with the new method and then installed the Android 4 theme. All of these worked great and smooth.:)
But when I tried to reset the factory Settings in the phone, that got into a boot loop. So now I can't gain access to the phone through the PC. Is there a solution? Any help appreciated.

Maybe it will nelp you. I got bootloop scaped booting into CWM then I restored my nandroid

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44387564

Sent by Smartphone Using Tapatalk 2

ARealNovice

Dec 24, 2021
Hi everyone,
Can I get help in 2021? I have Motorola Defy XT 557D with Android 2.3.7. I would like to upgrade it, to whatever newer version I can, and use it as a webcam... how can I upgrade this phone? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    08b2561458.png

for Motorola Motoluxe XT615

Canadian XT615 is not supported!​

Preparation
    1. Activate USB-Debugging (settings -> applications -> development )
    2. Install Motorola-driver (you can get them from the Motorola homepage, by clicking here)
    3. Activate "unknown applications" (settings -> applications)
    4. Connect your phone to your PC
    5. Download the two attached files

New Method
    1. Extract/Unpack "_cwm_recovery.zip"
    2. Start "_BootRecovery.exe" (this will start CWM Recovery)
    3. Follow the instructions mentioned in the window of the program
    4. When your in CWM Recovery now, do a nandroid/backup first ("backup and restore" -> "backup")
    5. Back in main-menu press "mounts and storage" -> "mount USB storage"
    6. Now your sdcard should be mounted in windows.
    7. Copy & Paste "XT615_cwmSU.zip" to your sdcard
    8. Back in main-menu press "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" -> "XT615_cwmSU.zip"
    9. Confirm that you want to flash
    10. Back in main-menu press "reboot system now"
    11. Finished!

Old Method
    1. Download this pack: no more link because new method works better!
    2. Unzip/Extract the package you´ve downloaded in the step below
    3. Install SUT LR and open it
    4. Select the file under the following path and go on: /ROOT/FXX_PR3_NV.xml
    5. Open SuperOneClick and click on "Root" in the top left corner
    6. Congratulations your phone is rooted!

Thank goes to the original writer RAB !
    The files are prepared by him, too!
    Success! Canadian XT615 root!

@Dr_Wolodya and @diskodasa

There's a working root method for Canadian XT615

http://www.droidevelopers.com/f455/15005-motorola-motoluxe-canandian-version-rooted.html#post63739

ROOT Package in the attachment. Thanks to droidev.

I've seen several posts on the forum root and rebut the idea is not any as I think most works , the idea is to have a method more and be faster for users not so introduced into the environment

Requirements:

1. Motorola Drivers: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/88481
    2.Enable usb debugging ( settings / applications / developer / tick the usb debugging option ) and enable unknown applications ( settings / applications / tick the option unknown source applications )
    3.install in the Attachment program

To install it give you double click the exe file and open a window so

attachment.php

and you are done click the highlighted option , then I will leave the window and select location of the highlight

attachment.php

then selected so

attachment.php

Then ending is branded so

attachment.php

and the last image only accept the only option listed below , they will open the program and begin to download showing a picture so

attachment.php

They let you download necessary.After all this ready connect the phone via usb cable and give the button that recognize at this picture below

attachment.php

After this procedure, the phone will reboot a few times after ( approx 4 times ) and finally show them a picture exactly like the last ( to me and youI get root ) and ready.

Clarification : Do not disconnect the cable during the root because it can cause any problems to the computer.

Extra: This method supports the root for the Canadian version of the Motorola Motoluxe ( since it is impossible for another method )

From what I have understood you can rooting any phone with this program , it is in you to try another model but is very likely to work .

Source:

droidevelopers
    grupoandroid

Author:

Argentinian Doctor

also thanks to google translate

@luxxx123 Update the OP, Canadian XT615 Finally ROOTED.
    TWRP for XT615

Instructions:

2. In cmd type
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

3. Then in cmd type
    Code:
    03.04.2013: Added new method to aim root via update.zip
    Canadian XT615 ROOT

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR CANADIAN XT615 DON'T DO IT ON ANY OTHER XT615's.

Method 1- ROOTED SBF:

I have added root to systemsec.mbn of the Canadian XT615 firmware.

1. Download rooted SBF at http://www.4shared.com/zip/I8y-ZWTv/IRM-174F-0-1022-A01_BFM_ROOTED.html?
    2. Unzip the SBF f file
    3. Wipe Data/Factory reset in stock recovery
    4. Put phone in flash mode.
    5. Using RSD-Lite, flash the rooted SBF.
    6. If your phone is stuck in bootloader/flash-mode, take out battery, put phone in flash mode and then just flash back your stock Canadian XT615 SBF

Method 2- Flashing pre-rooted system.img. I have dumped system.img from Canadian XT615 SBF and added root using yaffs tools.

1. Download Busybox non-root at https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwxLDEsImJ1cnJvd3MuYXBwcy5idXN5Ym94Il0. and install it on your XT615
    2. Download pre-rooted system.img at http://www.4shared.com/file/t7f3e47j/system.html?
    3. Put rooted system.img in the rooted of your SD-CARD
    4. Make sure you have adb setup if you don't download the attachment below making sure all the files are in the same place.
    5. Then type these commands in cmd in the correct order:

Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    cd /data/data/burrows.apps.busybox/app_busybox/
    Code:
    PATH=$PATH:/data/data/burrows.apps.busybox/app_busybox/busybox
    Code:
    busybox flash_image system /sdcard/system.img
    Code:
    busybox reboot

6. Now check to see if you have Superuser, if you're phone is stuck on bootloader or black screen, put phone in flash mode and then just flash back your stock Canadian XT615 SBF.

Method 3:

1. Download the require files:

Patch Files: http://205.196.123.177/35v9zxff7u6g/4tr3vvps280ovnm/Patch.rar
    SUTLR: http://199.91.152.244/vwbsvzj2dq1g/129bhkhf54ud4hi/SUTLR_v1.8.2.msi
    SuperOneClick: http://depositfiles.com/files/n0dcxce3t

2. Extract the files using a file manager
    3. Make sure all Motorola Drivers are installed.
    4. Connect Motoluxe XT615 to the computer.
    5. Run SUTLR software update tool.
    6. Select FXX_PR3_NV.xml in the software update tool, making sure the NvDefinition.xml file is also located in the same folder.
    7. Click Next.The device will auto reboot after driver installation and ROM patching complete. Remove the phone from computer.
    8. Boot in normal mode.
    9. Go to menu > Settings > Applications > Developer and check USB Debugging.
    10. Connect the phone to computer
    11. Run SuperOneClick.
    12. Click ROOT
    13. Wait for SuperOneClick to root your phone.
    14. Reboot Device.

Thanks to neokragu for the instructions.

Sorry guys, I don't have a XT615 to try on so anyone eager that owns a Canadian XT615 can try it.
    @luxxx123 can you post this in your OP for Canadian XT615 users to try the various methods to root their Canadian XT615