[Q] Switching from S3 to DNA - any regrets?

Search This thread

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
GPS works better, reception is the same in Australia and battery is slightly better. I still have an SGS 3 and Nexus 4. I choose my DNA

fastcx

Jun 9, 2010
Puchong
My regret is I wonder whoever tested this phone button placement and unlock screen said it's convenient to go from top of the device to go to the bottom of the device and said it's awesome..

And sense.. I'm not the fan of it, left 1.5gb user space memory..

Battery could be better, and processor gets really warm after long usage n u'll watch battery drops like flies

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
My regret is I wonder whoever tested this phone button placement and unlock screen said it's convenient to go from top of the device to go to the bottom of the device and said it's awesome..

It works fine for me since I have decent sized hands. But if you don't like it you can install a Rom with volume button wake or a kernel with s2w

And sense.. I'm not the fan of it, left 1.5gb user space memory..
wait, what is only 1.5 gigs?
Battery could be better, and processor gets really warm after long usage n u'll watch battery drops like flies
That's how all phones work... When you use the phone the battery goes down. And the processor gets warm when it is used.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

fastcx

Jun 9, 2010
Puchong
It works fine for me since I have decent sized hands. But if you don't like it you can install a Rom with volume button wake or a kernel with s2w
Currently with screen lock disabled, coming from S3 running sammy based rom and aosp 4.2.1 need lots of adjustment to come over to sense, it shows how far HTC ran off from Google's intended interface.

wait, what is only 1.5 gigs?
User land RAM, which is about 1.7~1.8Gb on Nexus 4 and Note 2

That's how all phones work... When you use the phone the battery goes down. And the processor gets warm when it is used.
Yes, that's how phone works. Let me explain, 5inch 1080p vibrant screen - check, powerful 1.5Ghz S4 pro - check, feature rich Sense 4+ - check, All those powered by a measly 2020mAh tiny battery that even Xperia Z is packing over 2300mAh for similar speced device.

While S4 pro is powerful, but that's only when it's not throttled, which in my tropical country the normal operating temperature for my Butterfly is around 33C~40C. From benchmark and some heavy 3D gaming to maintain non throttled performance, pretty hard, basically on par with a9 based exynos4 processors in S3 most of the time in practical use.

If you can't accept these flaws, which they present in Butterfly and DNA, I never encountered on my previous S3 if it wasn't being snatch by some God forsaken bastards.

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
I just traded /sold my note 2 for DNA.
Battery is not as good although not as bad as I thought.
Camera in low light is very grainy compared to my note2. FFC is very grainy but that is low light and turning flash on fixed the grainyness.
Man I miss sbeam. I had a 64gb card and would beam movies to my friends. It would transfer 2gbmovies in less than 4 mins.
Other than those things the phone is fast.works well. I have no complaints other than mentioned.

Reactions: fastcx

intruda119

Mar 12, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Im revisiting the DNA at moment and no complaints at moment.

I'm was just bored at moment and nothing to do with Samsung just my gadget addiction.

Im only on day 2 but its funny how many little touches Samsung added to the os right out of the box.

I was swiping a contact on the dailer and thought it was funny. The whole left to right for call and right to left for messages.

Since I won't use LG nor Motorola, HTC my best opition when I need A fix.

And its well known the battery life isn't great if you actually use you phone throughout the day.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Reactions: fastcx

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
Day one on my used DNA I'm seeing 3:20 screen time and at 9%. I almost was at 48ish% with same usage with the note2. Still good battery life. I been on 4g all day and kinda hammering it. I'm stuck with it for now Lol.
DNA is actually a great smartphone. Note2 is in its own category. If DNA would really knock down 5 hours screen time on 4g with ease it would hands down be perfect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google wallet working... :(

Please don't touch my "Thanks" button, it doesn't like you... ;)
    I just traded /sold my note 2 for DNA.
    Battery is not as good although not as bad as I thought.
    Camera in low light is very grainy compared to my note2. FFC is very grainy but that is low light and turning flash on fixed the grainyness.
    Man I miss sbeam. I had a 64gb card and would beam movies to my friends. It would transfer 2gbmovies in less than 4 mins.
    Other than those things the phone is fast.works well. I have no complaints other than mentioned.
    Im revisiting the DNA at moment and no complaints at moment.

I'm was just bored at moment and nothing to do with Samsung just my gadget addiction.

Im only on day 2 but its funny how many little touches Samsung added to the os right out of the box.

I was swiping a contact on the dailer and thought it was funny. The whole left to right for call and right to left for messages.

Since I won't use LG nor Motorola, HTC my best opition when I need A fix.

And its well known the battery life isn't great if you actually use you phone throughout the day.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium