OmniROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

andygu3

Jun 18, 2010
Lewis Center, Ohio
I hadn't tried flashing back to TW. I didn't know if there were any special requirements to go back to 4.3JB. (I remember I flashed back to TW got a lock and then flashed back to AOSP and GPS is working. I was concerned about issues flashing back to TW4.3 and was hesitant because I got burned on my S2 flashing from JB back to ICS because of partition and bad PIT chip issues which resulted in a hard brick.

No worries going back to 4.3 and updating prl & profile update and getting a solid gps fix.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

guisar

Sep 11, 2010
Is Google Wallet Tap and Pay working on this ROM? Is NFC in general working for that matter?

The tap and pay in settings seems to have no effect but I have wallet up and running fine. I do have issue s with the lock screen and answering phone calls but it's easy, if a bit annoying to call people back. Tetjer , Bluetooth, GPS, xposed framework also work. I haven't tried a USB DAC but that's my only other must have so working great here.

tapa_talk 4 sucks

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
The tap and pay in settings seems to have no effect but I have wallet up and running fine. I do have issue s with the lock screen and answering phone calls but it's easy, if a bit annoying to call people back. Tetjer , Bluetooth, GPS, xposed framework also work. I haven't tried a USB DAC but that's my only other must have so working great here.

tapa_talk 4 sucks

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I am not totally sure if what you said above means I can use the phone to actually tap and pay with google wallet. I have Wallet up and running on PA, but no NFC functions, including tap and pay, will work. Does NFC and tap and pay actually work here?

jocarog

Mar 14, 2012
Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I am not totally sure if what you said above means I can use the phone to actually tap and pay with google wallet. I have Wallet up and running on PA, but no NFC functions, including tap and pay, will work. Does NFC and tap and pay actually work here?

Does your nfc work with tags like reading them or writing to it? It might be your secure element...

bickman2k

Nov 22, 2010
Does your nfc work with tags like reading them or writing to it? It might be your secure element...

The issue is with 4.4. The 4.4 NFC stack only has HCE working on Broadcom NFC chips. They removed the code for our NXP chips in the NFC stack in 4.4.

egodriver07

May 10, 2011
West Virginia
Which Nightly did you install? Any nightly build after 1/10 or so should be able to OpenDelta update script via PhilZ/CWM just fine.

Bump. I too have the same question/issue. Update won't flash on Philz and I don't want to switch TWRP for obvious radio loss reasons. Has anyone gotten the update delta to work properly or how is everyone flashing new nightlies?

egodriver07

May 10, 2011
West Virginia
Flash like you would any other zip in Philz.

I tried to flash the zip from the system update a couple nights ago in Philz and got an error. I'll try again this evening and report back as I didn't pay a lot of attention to the details of the error. Should I be downloading each nightly from the host site instead? Also are gapps required to flash after each update?

bhint15

Mar 9, 2008
Manhattan
I tried to flash the zip from the system update a couple nights ago in Philz and got an error. I'll try again this evening and report back as I didn't pay a lot of attention to the details of the error. Should I be downloading each nightly from the host site instead? Also are gapps required to flash after each update?

For sure don't need to flash gapps every time you flash an update. Also if you haven't seen philz recovery had an update fairly recently so I would flash the newest philz I have it installed and installed omnirom nightly from a couple of days ago to update from a month old flash no problems.

egodriver07

May 10, 2011
West Virginia
For sure don't need to flash gapps every time you flash an update. Also if you haven't seen philz recovery had an update fairly recently so I would flash the newest philz I have it installed and installed omnirom nightly from a couple of days ago to update from a month old flash no problems.

OK. Yeah I did see that and tried it. Still doesn't work in the system update section where you can hit flash now. But if I flash the file it downloads in the updatedelta folder it flashes fine. Now I just have to work on a way to keep root, kernel, and xposed after each flash. A real pain to set that up each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** If you are interested in taking over the project, pm me **

Offical Site
    XDA Forums
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook
    IRC(User)
    JIRA

Disclaimer
    Flash at your OWN Risk

How to Install
    Install TWRP
    Factory Reset
    Format System
    Install ROM
    Install Google Apps
    Install SuperSU

How to Update
    Goto SuperSU -> Settings -> Install SuperSU backup script
    Goto Settings -> About phone -> System Updates -> Check now
    This will download and install latest OTA

DOWNLOAD
    TWRP
    ROM
    Google Apps
    SuperSU

Known Issues

Developer Stuff
    COMPILE YOURSELF
    Github
    Gerrit
    IRC(Dev)
    Changelog

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    UtkarshGupta, XpLoDWilD, Entropy512, OmniROM Team
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: SPH-L900
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Created 2014-04-10
    Last Updated 2014-12-08
    Hello everybody.
    Since slick_rick has sold his note 2, I'll be taking over this thread soon.
    I am trying to consolidate all t0lte variants into one.
    Please test: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51583240
    Just test as much as you can, but only with stock kernel.
    It might make custom kernels incompatible, but I'll work it out.

Many yet to be merged awesome features like Multiwindow are included in this build. Multiwindow not exactly like samsung. Look for info in post I linked.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    New build is uploaded. Data is working now without any issues or tweaks.
    Try it and give me a list of everything that is working and not working.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Good news!
    1)Closed source camera blob has been merged.
    What does this mean ? This means a very stable camera + much faster.
    2)Sensor fix has also been merged into builds. So you don't need to flash it.
    Also, I highly recommend either formating /system (not data) & manually flashing next build when it comes out, or you may run into problems.
    This will not effect any of your data. Just flash latest build, gapps, supersu.
    Next build will reflect new changes :)
    I noticed the last 2 nightlies and md5s don't have any size, as in 0 kb. Anybody know why and when it'll be fixed?
    Nightlies will continue starting tomorrow.