Nook HD+ screen keeps flashing during video playback (without charging)
Please help saving my Nook HD+
The screen keeps flashing (especially during video playback.) Unlike most of the others, it is not really turning on and off randomly, instead it just goes dim and bright and then turns to the original brightness repeatingly.
I can spot a pattern for these flashings: usually when the screen is trying to display a dim or darker page, it tends to flash a lot. For example, when I am using it to watch True Blood, the screen would flash badly for those darker scenes, but when I watch the Big Bang theory, the flashing would only happen once or twice. Similarly, when I use android rom like Carbon or CM, the screen usually flashes when I go to the menu/setting (but it only flashes when there is a change of page or when a box prompts); however for stock rom when most of the time the screen is displaying white pages, this problem would get much less frequent. But still when i use the stock to play video, the issue is still there
I have tried to eliminate the possible causes for this:
- Not a ROM issue: videos flicker no matter what rom I am using. In fact when I go into the CWM recovery, the screen does flash for every page change as well
- Not a video issue: I have tried different formats of video, mkv, avi, the issue still persists
- Not a charging issue: it happens with or without charging. I tried to charge it on wall and my laptop as well
- Not clashing app issue: it happens before I try to install any new app.
- Not a player isuue: i tried on MX player, mobo player, dice player, with both HW and SW decoding, all have the same issue
What else can I try? Can anyone give me a diagnosis of whether this is a software or hardware issue? Exchange for a new one would be hard for me since I am an international buyer, the shipping cost is simply too much
It's my first time shopping in the US and I surely hope this would be a satisfying experience. If the issue isnt resovled I am afriad I would have to abandon the device since watching video is my main purpose of buying it. However it would be really sad for me...
Sorry for my poor english and if you dont understand any parts of my issue, please feel free to clarify with me