Ics discussion thread/Links for touchpro247 and Aeroevan Roms

Search This thread

Fred McCree

Feb 5, 2012
Maine
Long time listener, first time caller.

Its called a Beta so we can test it out as well right? After the Friday posting ultimatum, nothing has been posted. I would like the chance to be able to test out these so called issues myself.

Reactions: Firetop

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa

Its called a Beta so we can test it out as well right? After the Friday posting ultimatum, nothing has been posted. I would like the chance to be able to test out these so called issues myself.

i also was starting to think the same..

+1

I mean. (Just my way of thinking, so if I'm wrong in this case please let me know)
Betas is many people testing to find bugs and problems. If your waiting for everything to be fixed privately, that's a full release.

Betas should be "Heres a new build, download it and report back" And not so much hidden until there's no more problems..Im pretty sure we all know that "Beta" means its not going to be perfect and it will have bugs, but we can also give feedback. More people probably means more bugs found.

Although if i am wrong let me know. Though thats what i thought a beta was.

Last edited:

Card83

May 3, 2011
Sacramento
I'm actually running into a very strange problem with ICS that hopefully someone knows a work-around for.

I've tried to flash the Open Kang Project ROM at least half a dozen times. I go through the standard wipe and all that to prep for flashing each time (even trying multiple clean wipes). If I flash the ROM by itself, it boots up fine (and looks beautiful), but I have no access to the Market or any other Google Apps, nor can I sync to my Google account. I figure, no big deal, probably not included in the Zip file. I go back into Recovery, flash the GApps zip and re-boot the phone. Once I do so, it then wants me to go through the little tutorial, Touch the Android to begin, and so on. However, if I touch the Android, it says "Setup Wizard has stopped working" and there's no way to get past it.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's some silly detail I'm overlooking, but it's really got me stumped. I also love the look of the MIUI ICS Rom, but that's still a very long way off for me to consider using regularly.

EDIT: Nevermind. It was entirely just a silly detail I was overlooking. Even though I had copied the ICS version of GApps to my SD card, I was installing the Zip file from a Gingerbread version. AOKP is working absolutely fantastic for me now. I'm a very happy man!

Last edited:

ADKSherpa5344

Jul 9, 2011
Upstate, NY
We don't know. Tp works as does joker...and I'm in the desert..there isn't really anything new from 3. And we are going to send an update till its ready.

Personally for me 6 is rock solid but the other testers are experiencing trouble.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Okay, thats fine, I was just wondering. I dont really mind not having anything new in the next build, I've just been having some weird, random reboots (a few times a day) with beta 3...with and without Force GPU, so Id welcome anything just for the chance to start fresh.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA App

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE

Its also touch pros rom to do with what he wants. I'm sure he loves the whining...he does this for free

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
Okay, thats fine, I was just wondering. I dont really mind not having anything new in the next build, I've just been having some weird, random reboots (a few times a day) with beta 3...with and without Force GPU, so Id welcome anything just for the chance to start fresh.

A lot of things work in beta 3 that don't work in aokp (although I never got around to bumping up the voltage....maybe...) but I couldn't handle the reboots on the browser. After trying to respond to someone's post on xda about ics ABOUT rebooting my phone rebooted 3 times until I just said eff it and went back to 7.2

Fred McCree

Feb 5, 2012
Maine
I thought TouchPro did release it, but the testers are having a hard time uploading it due to some personal commitments.

If we could pass the torch to someone that has the ability to upload it, that would be awesome.

ADKSherpa5344

Jul 9, 2011
Upstate, NY
A lot of things work in beta 3 that don't work in aokp (although I never got around to bumping up the voltage....maybe...) but I couldn't handle the reboots on the browser. After trying to respond to someone's post on xda about ics ABOUT rebooting my phone rebooted 3 times until I just said eff it and went back to 7.2

Im loving Beta 3, its what Ive been running since it came out but more recently Ive had those issues. AOKP is out, MMS is kinda a deal breaker for me. Just hoping for something new here, love TP's work.

kevdliu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 4, 2011
touchpro can you implement this feature into your builds?

it only requires the editing of a few lines of code in the source and it allows us to remap the search key to the recent apps switcher. it wont do anything by itself but for those of us who wants the feature we can just enable it on our phone.

thanks

ermiar

Mar 8, 2011
Is anyone having an issue with Google voice? No one can leave me a message. It either says the call cannot be completed or that they need to enter a pin.

**EDIT**
Nevermind. Apparently there is a problem with Google voice lite and Verizon. I got it to work by upgrading.

Last edited:

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
For people with bad memories, Knipp said he would post the build links on Fridays IF there was a new build to post. No one ever said anything about weekly builds, or getting a build at least every other Friday, the "telephone game" theory built up that notion.

Remember, we aren't owed, entitled, or furthermore derserving of any of these builds. We are lucky to have them at all.

Now, stay cheerful and supportive. Simple things like this are the reason a lot of devs straight up left XDA.

Believe me, I want an update as much as you guys do. An update MIGHT mean that ICS will suddenly start working for me and the three other people that can't run ICS at all. At least your guys' phones will run these roms. Think about that. :/

BeardedB

Oct 3, 2011
New York City
I think we all need to relax, go to Carvel and buy an Oreo Ice cream cake and eat it. Than go to outback steakhouse and have a 12oz sirloin and ask for the A1. Or which ever you choose to do first.

Sent from my Sirloin Steak using A1 Steak Sauce.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CURRENT SUPPORTED BUILDS

AEROEVAN CM9 KANG http://goo-inside.me/devs/aeroevan

PROTEKK MILESTONE 4- DEV SECTION ON XDA

NITSUJ17 MIUI ICS- DEV SECTION ON XDA

NITSUJ17 OPEN SENSE 4- DEV SECTION ON XDA

NEWT ICS 4- http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?t=11845

Touchpro247 links.

ICS VIVOW BETA 6 PURE ICS- http://touchpro.mydevfiles.com/ICS/ics_vivow_beta6.zip

CAMERA PATCH (no longer needed)

Camera Patch v1.0
    [Download] - HERE

I will try to have all projects up here

This included the virtuous builds if they continue as well as NTSH

DONATE LINKS

VIRTUOUS TEAM- https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DLXKH3V45FFYY

TOUCHPRO247- http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=1694110
    These guys work hard and deserve any little thing we can give.

I need a donate link for AEROEVAN, Nitsuj17 and Protekk

**** To all *****
    If you have a problem please start labeling your problem to help us out some. There are alot of version of different roms people are running and flashing over. This way we know what answers to give you.

Thanks

[Problem] - What the problem you are having
    [Rom] - What rom and version your running
    [Kernel] - If you installed a custom kernel or used the default one with the rom
    [Install] - Wether you did a full wipe or install over etc.
    [Replicated] - Did you reinstall from a full wipe with nothing installed or modded to the rom and slowly reinstall whatever u had. if it isnt chances are somethign your doing is causeing it. This is where most of you can easily find out what cause your malfunction.

EXAMPLE
    [Problem] - Capacative button wont light up when phone is unlocked.
    [Rom] - TP ICS Beta 3
    [Kernel] - Default
    [Install] - Full Wipe No Ti Backups Fresh Install
    [Replicated] - Yes

Colossus feel free to close this if you see fit

I just thought we should post here for ice related problems since most people are on Aeros rom and still wanna share here as he checks xda. This way we haven't hijacked rms thread and when he adds more it will be seen

So. If you have input, bugs, mods, news on updates, anything..post it here

If someone adds the links for all the roms I'll post it here. This can be like the go to ics thread with yalls help :)

KERNELS
    Aeroevan Kernel v8 (I NEED THE NEW LINK)

For working WIFI TETHER

Wifi tethering has worked on every build of ics I have used. I use the yellow, 3.0 "experimental" tethering app. Device profile is nexus one, and setup method is Netd. I always restore the app with data and it works on every build.

CM9 Aeroevans 4-16 Build

So Aeroevan and I have been talking, And we got him to compile a new build and upload it. This build is 4-16, and I have veen running it for the past.. 2 hours?

Found Here: http://goo.im/devs/aeroevan/cm9/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-vivow-UNOFFICIAL-2012-04-16-signed.zip

Changes:

This build should have compass arrow fixed in google maps.

Camorder working at 480p now. (Dropping FPS from 30 to 15 fix, And Yes no 720P Fix yet)

Small tweaks.

GSM permanent fix? Still a no go. I am personally looking into that one. Since we have a command fix but Aeroevan doesnt know where the ROM fix is.

Other then that, If you do want to permanently fix GSM on any GSM enabled ROM. Do the following.

Plug your phone into your computer. Enable USB Debugging. If you have the ADB Tool from the Android SDK run it there, If you dont. Download a Terminial app for your phone.

Then run this;

Step 1: Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into test mode
    Step 2: Phone Information > Set preferred network type: GSM only. Then your phone will start crashing, until you do the step 3 fix.
    Step 3:
    > adb shell
    # su
    # sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'update secure set value="1" where name="preferred_network_mode"'
    # reboot
    Now GSM is Fixed.

That manually sets the preferred_network_mode to 1 using the settings database directly.

Its getting better my friends.
    Someone pls release beta6... That is all.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    13647728.jpg