small software update available on AT&T

Search This thread

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
I installed it but I was on stock with no root. Noe I'm trying to root its not rooting
Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
Oh snap, they probably disabled the ability to root with this update. I wonder if it would be possible to keep root if you are already rooted, though...

Seems like a big risk to take just to try to get an updated baseband and firmware :(

youngv408

Dec 7, 2010
appreciated.

well, i won't be doing any updates then eh, not a fan of adb/windows. exercise in frustration for me.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

wait, can i run the adb command to do this throught the terminal emulator on the phione?

you can use terminal emulator

Reactions: scott0

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
@blopez24,

That's great news! Do you think you could be awesome and make backup baseband and firmware images as kernelpan1c describes in this comment and share them with us? I really don't want to have to go back to stock and risk messing up my device just to get them.

GordonOSU

Jan 8, 2010
Oklahoma City

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
googling this i came across several articles, posts, comments, statements that there is a recovery image in the OTA zip file, could someone verify that please? and if so, perhaps post that up???!!

thanks in advances!!!1

noobsquared

Nov 30, 2011
googling this i came across several articles, posts, comments, statements that there is a recovery image in the OTA zip file, could someone verify that please? and if so, perhaps post that up???!!

thanks in advances!!!1

Seems like they probably updated recovery and for another LG model they had to modify recovery to get root access. So for now, there is no root access for anyone who updated without root :(

kevace1

Mar 22, 2009
New York City
So to be clear here, if i already have root, and install this update, i wont lose root? will this work if i have a custom rom based on the stock rom? like kernel1's rom?? Or am i gonna have to go completely back to stock?

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
i'm not *too* concerned about this particular update but i most def want the ics update, i'm wondering if the ics will need to go through all this rigamarole.

thoughts?

ldpryor

Feb 4, 2012
Orlando
still stuck

I don't suppose anyone has boot & recovery images they could post? :(

I've trying flashing just the firmware, baseband, and system images. No joy!

Last edited:

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
Flashed new firmware and baseband images via Terminal Emulator and restarted device. Everything looks great.

cs400kg

Oct 4, 2010
nanjing
thanks,but i have a question.i flashed the original recovery to 5.8.2.0 by rom manager. My nitro hd can't receive the ota unfortunately ,so do the change of recovery affect the ota ,and how i can do? my phone was rooted by doomlord,and i unrooted it today which did not help to receive the ota.The phone told me that the software was new . Help me , thank you . :eek:

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
I got "invalid package" error and now have to wait another 24h to try again. Sweet :D

GordonOSU

Jan 8, 2010
Oklahoma City
I went back to original stock with ADB push of img files in unbricking solution. I then updated with the update and still had root access. I was able to make a backup of baseband and firmwareand and flash ROM Manager Recovery and I am now back on CM9 (Which is working great!!)

The usual thing that I have found is when I flashed the stock img files again to get the update back (to get a backup of the update recovery), the phone update states that there is no update available so I was unable to get a backup of the update recovery but have had no issues installing custom roms or restoring nandroid backups.

Top Liked Posts