How To Videos on the Samsung Galaxy Note II (08/10/13)

Search This thread
Jul 3, 2010
I'm rooted and on lk8 rom. Can I use my nandroid backup to restore ljc and return to stock? I have my noob moments.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

wwjoshdew

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
I believe there's and LK8 back to Ljc fix or all in one somewhere in the Forums. If you just nandroid back, Welcome to Chameleon and HFA Hell:(:silly:

Yeah dude, I FINALLY went stock again because CM10.1 doesn't allow me to use this HDMI dock (with the two usb ports, audio out, and etc), so I had to go stock unfortunately and I'm getting that error as well. I should make a video on how to fix it, IF someone could link me to this thing. People keep mentioning it, but no one has a link to it.

I have a few videos to add to the thread, I'll update the OP later tonight. I have the Galaxy Note II dock video, this 6,400 mah extended batter, roms, and etc on the way, or already done.... I just need to update the OP and I'll do it soon, and add more videos to it in the near future as well.

Reactions: regaw_leinad

Grant Barker

Apr 14, 2008
www.thecomputermouse.com
Reactions: wwjoshdew

Newbie_from_NJ

Jun 22, 2010
Re: How To Videos on the Samsung Galaxy Note II (12/25/12)

Just ordered my Note II and will be using your root guide when I receive it.

Been using HTC devices for a number of years now - this will be my 1st Samsung.
I didn't see anything on your video pertaining obtaining nand unlock / S-Off. Is this something Samsung devices don't have to worry about as it wasn't even mentioned?

Also, any update on the tether app?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

wwjoshdew

Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
Just ordered my Note II and will be using your root guide when I receive it.

Been using HTC devices for a number of years now - this will be my 1st Samsung.
I didn't see anything on your video pertaining obtaining nand unlock / S-Off. Is this something Samsung devices don't have to worry about as it wasn't even mentioned?

Also, any update on the tether app?

YES SIR! I used this guide, and I swear I had my Sprint Note II tethered to my PSP!
http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-tutorials/how-to-get-free-wifi-tether-on-rooted-verizon-galaxy-note-2-sch-i605/

ALSO, I JUST UPDATED THE OP! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: regaw_leinad

Newbie_from_NJ

Jun 22, 2010
Re: How To Videos on the Samsung Galaxy Note II (02/12/13)

Excuse my ignorance, but is that a yes to being nand unlock and S-OFF?

On my current HTC I had to use my Linux laptop to downgrade the bootloader, then purposely bricked the device (momentarily) just to obtain S-OFF!

Is it really this simple with Samsung??

Skid71

May 3, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
Excuse my ignorance, but is that a yes to being nand unlock and S-OFF?

On my current HTC I had to use my Linux laptop to downgrade the bootloader, then purposely bricked the device (momentarily) just to obtain S-OFF!

Is it really this simple with Samsung??

Yeah, I think it is. I'm an LTEvo owner and have to maintain my wife's Note2. It appears flashing ROMS, radios (modems), and kernels seems pretty dang easy.
I had her rooted, using wifi tether in no time.

aheeejd

Awesome man, I just watched your otterbox video & I'm buying one in 2 minutes. Thank you. I didn't realize that it came with that's soft outer shell around it. I hate holding the hard plastic ones, ya know! Thanks again.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

gfp11289

Jul 31, 2010
Can someone help me out? It seems with every ROM I install it always gives me a boot loop and it never goes to the home screen. Do I clear the cache before doing the first initial boot?

Thanks.

yaniel06

Mar 4, 2011

Im on the MA7 build. Can someone point me in the right direction to rooting it. Is it the same as lj7? Can I use the same tool kit 3.0. I dl it but it only has ljc and lj7 as root methods.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Arjohns

Nov 12, 2011

Toolkit 3.0.0 and use sprint option 42.

Edit: I would also like to point out, I just used this method last night so I can verify that it does work.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

wwjoshdew

Dec 30, 2008
Seattle
tinyurl.com
Added a new(er) video to the OP! It's my review of @joshbeach's JellyBomb rom.

Are there any other videos of the Galaxy Note II that anybody would want to see? I'm STILL on JellyBomb (v19) and I honestly can't see myself using any other rom. It has every feature I could want in a rom, plus it supports two way call recording. I don't know of any other roms that does that! (If you do, please let me know!)

slam11100

Jul 23, 2010
Clifton Park
Added a new(er) video to the OP! It's my review of @joshbeach's JellyBomb rom.

Are there any other videos of the Galaxy Note II that anybody would want to see? I'm STILL on JellyBomb (v19) and I honestly can't see myself using any other rom. It has every feature I could want in a rom, plus it supports two way call recording. I don't know of any other roms that does that! (If you do, please let me know!)

How about how to update to mc2 from ma7?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts