[Q] build.prop doesn't change

Search This thread

Kappa Lamda

Jun 28, 2010
Patras
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I recently bought a new LG D802. I have v20d 4.4.2 stock kitkat and rooted it with ioroot method. I wanted to remove navbar without using xposed. So I know about the way of adding the line "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" in build.prop and then reboot.
Well here comes the real problem.

1) Whether I use Solid, ES, Root explorer, none of these apps text editors are able to open the entrire build.prop. When I open it, it only shows until a specific line, which is also incomplete, and you cannot write anything more unless you erase. Then you can add as many letters as the ones you erased.

2) So as a solution I downloaded a build.pro editor and tried to add the line with this. But even with this, change is not being saved. If I exit the app and then re-enter it the line has gone. If I reboot navbar still exists and line again has gone from build.prop. Also the programm has a backup function. When I take a backup of my current build.prop it shows me that it is backed up. If I exit app, and re-enter it or reboot and enter it, backup is also gone.

So it seems that it is a problem with build.prop not being able to be edited.

Any solution?

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
you have to copy build.prop on your PC and edit with notepad+ , the copy it back.. make sure to check permissions are correct

but!!!! .. to save you a headache, qemu.hw.mainkeys method of removing navbar works really badly on g2 stock KitKat rom. weather widget malfunctions, keyboard FC's ect. Plus the g2 navring will still stop pie controls etc working from the bottom.

solution is to forget the mainkeys method and install xposed and use lg pie support module.. works great with lmt launcher.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2689890

Last edited:

Kappa Lamda

Jun 28, 2010
Patras
Google Pixel 6 Pro
you have to copy build.prop on your PC and edit with notepad+ , the copy it back.. make sure to check permissions are correct

but!!!! .. to save you a headache, qemu.hw.mainkeys method of removing navbar works really badly on g2 stock KitKat rom. weather widget malfunctions, keyboard FC's ect. Plus the g2 navring will still stop pie controls etc working from the bottom.

solution is to forget the mainkeys method and install xposed and use lg pie support module.. works great with lmt launcher.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2689890

First of all thank you for the answer.

Well although it doesn't show on battery usage, xposed causes extreme drain. I use manual update of apps so I tested with the same setup of app(same version each time). Only difference was xposed + G2 tweakbox to remove navbar.
Wanna hear the results of the same use? (my use don't differ from day to day. I use chrome, fb and messenger a lot, viber, hangouts, 3 gmail accounts, data,sync always on, wifi 75-80% of the time, 3g when not on wifi. and some calls)

Without xposed: 42h on battery , 48min of calls, 5h 17m screen on time, 31h on wifi. BATTERY LEFT: 25%

With xposed: 17h 30m on battery, 28min of calls, 2h 38m screen on time, 13h 20min on wifi. BATTERY LEFT: 17% !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

And I was suspicious from my previous phone. Galaxy S4 9505. With GE(google edition) roms the S4 had the exactly 50% drop of battery performance against stock TW rom or AOSP. The GE had not any modification so you were forced to use Xposed to add some tiles etc.
So after some testing by other guys, they proposed to remove xposed. Woualaaaaaa!!!!! Battery consumption returned to normal levels!

This drain is not even logged by BBS. I do not know the reason. The only thing I know is that on two smartphones I have seen the same behavior. So Xposed is out of the question!

To get on topic again.
I never never never use weather widgets... If i want to know the weather, I look outside. If I want to know the weather in two days, I just get on a site with meteo predictions. No need a widget for that.
Keyborad. I never never use stock keyboard. Now I use Fleksy, older Swiftkey. But I love Fleksy. Will FCs affected and downloaded keyboards or just LG's stock keyboard?
By navring you mean the ring when long pressing navbar buttons. I never use that. I hate that to be exactly. Also I already use LMT. And I never put PIE on bottom. Only Left and Right.

So it seems that all these bugs do not affect my use! Except keyboard if it affects the third-party ones

P.S. Sorry for this long post.