Get Sense 6 and BlinkFeed on your HTC Vivid/Raider/Velocity/Holiday!

Search This thread

calikevin

Jun 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
First off I am in no way involved in development or releasing any of these items, only finding it, testing on our devices and posting it for everyone else.

There's a thread in Android Development for Sense 6 apps from the One M8, link here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696399 I recommend subscribing to it as I have so that when everything works you will know about it. For now, BlinkFeed works just fine and requires a 4.4.x ROM but that's about it. I love the way this launcher feels, its smooth and responsive and for some reason just feels right on the Vivid. Here's a couple of screenshots:

4erusube.jpg

y8a7ujav.jpg

I am using WildfireDev's AOKP 4.4.2 ROM, Fancy Widgets with the H7C skin of your choosing, and either Holo Sense 6 or Sense 5.5 for theming. I also installed the BlinkFeed v10 package, then extracted Prismblack.apk from the v9 color mods, pushed to system/priv-app and renamed to Prism.apk. Choose any color you desire and follow the same steps until later versions are released in different colors.

To get weather working- Install HTC Weather like any normal app, then go to System Settings>Accounts and Add Account, then select HTC Weather. After that, set the first page of the launcher (aka BlinkFeed) as the default home page.

If this helps you change your experience with your phone (or even improve it) feel free to hit the thanks button :)

Last edited:

matrx10503

Feb 3, 2010
La
OnePlus 8
Good Post....:good:

If anyone has issue with weather, make sure High Accuracy is set in Location settings.

Last edited:

calikevin

Jun 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Update! New thread with new features for BlinkFeed, and it works better. You can now select your theme from Personalize in the settings menu and add custom RSS feeds, as well as add more apps and services than before. Here's a link to the new one- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735764

I had some text issues with the 5x4 grid download, I suggest the 4x4 grid for our Vivids.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

calikevin

Jun 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I have been able to get the 4x5 grid to display more properly using xposed modules and App Settings to change the dpi of the BlinkFeed app. Here's setting that display best for me, though widgets aren't 100% centered-

gymeje7e.jpg

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off I am in no way involved in development or releasing any of these items, only finding it, testing on our devices and posting it for everyone else.

There's a thread in Android Development for Sense 6 apps from the One M8, link here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696399 I recommend subscribing to it as I have so that when everything works you will know about it. For now, BlinkFeed works just fine and requires a 4.4.x ROM but that's about it. I love the way this launcher feels, its smooth and responsive and for some reason just feels right on the Vivid. Here's a couple of screenshots:

4erusube.jpg

y8a7ujav.jpg

I am using WildfireDev's AOKP 4.4.2 ROM, Fancy Widgets with the H7C skin of your choosing, and either Holo Sense 6 or Sense 5.5 for theming. I also installed the BlinkFeed v10 package, then extracted Prismblack.apk from the v9 color mods, pushed to system/priv-app and renamed to Prism.apk. Choose any color you desire and follow the same steps until later versions are released in different colors.

To get weather working- Install HTC Weather like any normal app, then go to System Settings>Accounts and Add Account, then select HTC Weather. After that, set the first page of the launcher (aka BlinkFeed) as the default home page.

If this helps you change your experience with your phone (or even improve it) feel free to hit the thanks button :)