cant unlock at&t htc one x bootloader

Search This thread

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

As timmaaa already mentioned, the title/topic of this thread is clearly about unlocking the bootloader, not about unlocking the SIM (which is what you link is for). Two completely different things. They just happen to share the word "unlock", which in itself means nothing.

Plus, your link is not even for the One X, its for the One X+. Completely different hardware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody first of all excelent website...
    I never had problems but when happens I look all over ethe Google or sea developers but this time I realy can't seem to get it done.
    Moving from Samsung galaxy to HTC one x I can't unlock bootloader in order to flash a recovery and a Rom
    I have try several tut but nnothing dosent change CID to unlock trought htcdev or the one click method or all one kit
    And yes I search in all xda I like I say I don't get it right

Can someone help me, my info is:

Hboot 2.14
    Android 4.1.1
    Firmware version 3.18
    At&t HTC one x

Thanks to everybody
    It's an at&t phone, the at&t CID is blocked by htcdev so you need to get SuperCID before being able to unlock the bootloader. Click the Everything Evita link in my signature and bookmark that thread, it's a resource thread that contains everything you'll ever need. Once you're in that thread navigate to the root section and find the 3.18 root method, this is the only method that'll work with your current firmware. Follow the instructions in that thread and then you can unlock your bootloader.

Once you have an unlocked bootloader you can install TWRP recovery which will allow you to root your stock ROM or install custom ROMs. If you need instructions on this click the How-To Guide For Beginners link in my signature, it's a thread I put together detailing some basic operations. If you have any questions feel free to ask in my Noob Friendly Q&A + General Help thread.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
    You need to use the correct root method that corresponds to your firmware version in order to change your CID. Trying other methods you randomly Google around for is not going to work.

Use my Index thread, look under "ROOT" and find the method that matches your firmware number (3.18).
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671237

There is not one-click method that works for firmware 3.18. Trying methods that don't match your firmware number is a waste of time.

Also, when asking for help, you need to be absolutely specific as to what you have tried, and what you haven't (including the result such as error messages, etc). If you don't give us specifics, it makes it even harder for us to help you.

Hasoon2000's all-in-one toolkit should work on 3.18. But if this is the one you tried, you haven't told us what happens when you try to use it.
    Nobody here was talking about SIM unlocking.

Sent from my Evita