[Q] Warranty Replacement--got an upgrade??

Search This thread

DVDDave

Feb 6, 2009
I recently bought a new RAZR MAXX HD cash to replace my OG RAZR MAXX. I called verizon to get a warranty replacement for the OG MAXX and I recieved a RAZR MAXX HD certified replacement...WTF...will they be expecting a RAZR MAXX HD back from me ??? or did i get lucky and have something I can sell for more than the OG....

curly9

Sep 29, 2011
Idk I would think that would be on them. But best thing to do is let them know and if the person says its ok get their name and tell them if something comes up say he said if was fine. But Idk I wouldent want to take chances and get in trouble for some weird rule that you don't know of

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

DVDDave

Feb 6, 2009
Idk I would think that would be on them. But best thing to do is let them know and if the person says its ok get their name and tell them if something comes up say he said if was fine. But Idk I wouldent want to take chances and get in trouble for some weird rule that you don't know of

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

i just asked a friend of mine who got a replacement two weeks ago and they sent him a maxx hd . he sent them back an OG maxx, this may be the new norm....

tech_head

i just asked a friend of mine who got a replacement two weeks ago and they sent him a maxx hd . he sent them back an OG maxx, this may be the new norm....

They reserve the right to replace a device with a "like" device.
What they expect back is the phone on your contract. No more no less.

They know the phone that you filed a claim on.
They might be out of inventory of OG Maxx. The next best thing to send is a Maxx HD. :cool:

dreamliner330

Jan 16, 2010
Does the replacement paperwork reference the device it's replacing? You might want to verify Verizon is not trying to swap your HD.