Echo during phone call

Search This thread

xxjack3dxx

Sep 13, 2012
Hi everybody. I got a problem with my Telus galaxy s4. During phone call, the person who im talking with heard her voice in background like an echo. There is something I can do to solve that problem

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda app-developers app

Hi everybody. I got a problem with my Telus galaxy s4. During phone call, the person who im talking with heard her voice in background like an echo. There is something I can do to solve that problem

Have you had anybody else report echoing? If not I would think it is feedback on her end causing the echoing

Sent from my WANAM'ED AT&T S4

jroyalty7

May 31, 2009
Buffalo
Try disabling noise reduction in call settings... echoing has been a problem since the s2 sometimes disabling noise reduction helps or turn down volume on your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: budding_developer

xxjack3dxx

Sep 13, 2012
I have made a lot of test :

Disable noise cancellation (Still echoing)
Change SIM card (Still echoing)
Reset the phone (Same problem)

Also when I plug a pair of headphone with a mic, Ive got no problem but when I remove it, the echoing are coming back

Did I have to try something else or its a hardware problem?

PS: everybody who im talking with hear the ecgo of her voice

sanris

Aug 12, 2013
www.santadreams.in

Also when I plug a pair of headphone with a mic, Ive got no problem but when I remove it, the echoing are coming back

First try to remove the back cover and test the problem without any backcover.

Last edited:
Reactions: med.bassia

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
Most of covers causing this problem. Use the original cover comes with phone.

Sent from my 116 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not truth.. I have orginal cover and talking on Bluetooth and have echo sometimes. This is do to other side keeping they phone to loud and you hear you voice tru they phone.Tell person you talkig to lower volume and echo will be gone.

sanris

Aug 12, 2013
www.santadreams.in
Not truth.. I have orginal cover and talking on Bluetooth and have echo sometimes. This is do to other side keeping they phone to loud and you hear you voice tru they phone.Tell person you talkig to lower volume and echo will be gone.

i agree, some of original covers also cause issues. I have both original samsung s-view flip cover (bought @ INR 22XX/- ) and i had same issues and my friend have problem with original backcover comes with phone. we showed the problem in service centre and changed the back cover for my friend within warranty. now its ok for my friend.

for me, i stopped using that s-view cover and used the original one comes with phone and now ok for me.

duslerinalarga

Dec 5, 2013

Hi,

I have exactly the same echo problem. Did you solve the problem?

bacon_n_icecream

Apr 24, 2012
Boston, MA
I just started experiencing the same thing after flashing 4.4. Never had this problem and now the problem doesn't even get fixed when I went back to 4.3 or 4.2.2. No idea how to fix it, I have full wiped each time and tested on the clean rom so it can' t have anything to do with my apps. I also removed the back cover and case to test that theory but nothing helped. I hear a static and my own voice echoing. I don't think the other person hears the echo though. Does anyone have a solution?

I have also tried flashing different modems but that didn't solve the issue.

chossen

Aug 31, 2011
Problem solved!!!

I found the problem. i was experiencing the same problem, the other caller was hearing an echoe. First i thought it was the s-view cover but no. if the microphone is in any way covered it makes an echoe so do not cover it, and for the answer to your questions just clean the microphone hole using a needle. Now it works perfectly. Have fun Guys!!!

nogods

Dec 10, 2014
I found the problem. i was experiencing the same problem, the other caller was hearing an echoe. First i thought it was the s-view cover but no. if the microphone is in any way covered it makes an echoe so do not cover it, and for the answer to your questions just clean the microphone hole using a needle. Now it works perfectly. Have fun Guys!!!

I have the echo effect of my voice when someone calls me. I use a bluetooth earpiece so the phone mic is not the problem. I've thied three different bluetooth headsets and all of them have the echo effect for my voice (the other side doesn't hear it).

I did put on a Samsung Qi charging cover but I can't remember if the echo effect started before or after I put on the Samsung Qi enabled cover. first i want to test the unchecking the noise reduction box to see if that works, if not then I'll replace the back cover to see if that is the issue.

I'm skeptical about the back cover being the problem, however, because it only happens when someone calls me. For example, my daughter called me and I could hear my voice in the echo. I asked her to hang up and try again. Again I could hear the echo. So I had her hang up and I called her. No more echo. Neither have I heard the echo on any other calls I make, but it is on all the calls I receive.

polat87

May 3, 2015
I have the echo effect of my voice when someone calls me. I use a bluetooth earpiece so the phone mic is not the problem. I've thied three different bluetooth headsets and all of them have the echo effect for my voice (the other side doesn't hear it).

I did put on a Samsung Qi charging cover but I can't remember if the echo effect started before or after I put on the Samsung Qi enabled cover. first i want to test the unchecking the noise reduction box to see if that works, if not then I'll replace the back cover to see if that is the issue.

I'm skeptical about the back cover being the problem, however, because it only happens when someone calls me. For example, my daughter called me and I could hear my voice in the echo. I asked her to hang up and try again. Again I could hear the echo. So I had her hang up and I called her. No more echo. Neither have I heard the echo on any other calls I make, but it is on all the calls I receive.

I have exactly the same problem with my 2 new galaxy S4 , did you fix it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try disabling noise reduction in call settings... echoing has been a problem since the s2 sometimes disabling noise reduction helps or turn down volume on your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Its Obama. He forgot to mute his end.

First try to remove the back cover and test the problem without any backcover.