Chefs - softbank Japan battery drain

Search This thread

unforseenenemy

Dec 16, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
This is a polite request that the wonderful chefs in this forum please look at the extreme battery drain issues that were brought up here... It appears that trying to run any custom rom on the softbank version of the device creates a huge drain.
I can run stock rom with custom kernels perfectly, so maybe there are just a few files that needed to be tweaked/removed from custom roms to prevent this drain.
Thank you for the time and hopefully there is a simple fix for this!

Blitzed_Penguin

Jan 12, 2010
Okinawa City
I am in Oki using a SoftBank 001HT as well and had the same problem till my phone took a swim and I got a new one. Softbank said they repaired it but I had a totally new serial number, the only part I got back from my original phone was the sim/sd card cover.

With my original phone Current Widget was reporting a -150ma drain in standby when everyone else was reporting -3ma. The only way I could get a -3ma drain was to have the phone in airplane mode. I am currently running CyanogenMod 7 with my new phone and now i get -3ma drain in standby with data on, wifi on, bluetooth on, and data sync on just like everyone else.

Try following the steps in this guide. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=937080 And if that doesn't work try getting a new phone from softbank.

Blitzed_Penguin

Jan 12, 2010
Okinawa City
I tried several radios and roms and still had -150ma drain with the old phone. I am using one of the same radios and roms that gave me -150ma drain on the old phone with my new phone and now I only have -3ma drain in standby.

My drain figures are just averages.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

unforseenenemy

Dec 16, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
I tried several radios and roms and still had -150ma drain with the old phone. I am using one of the same radios and roms that gave me -150ma drain on the old phone with my new phone and now I only have -3ma drain in standby.
Thank you for clarifying that, cause i am on my 5th radio and none drain less than about 140ma unless in airplane mode.
So it must be something deeper than the radio.img...maybe a file in the ROM that wont let the radio ever go idle.
If someone could look at the files from a softbank japan ROM and compare them against the files of these other ROMs, we may be able to figure out the drain issue.
If anyone has any other ideas...please chime in!
Just for reference my stock ROM(the one that has no drain issues) is 1.35.762.2 CL277010

Last edited:

Blitzed_Penguin

Jan 12, 2010
Okinawa City
Just to clarify I am currently running CyanogenMod 7.0.0 stable release and radio 26.04.02.17 on my SoftBank branded 001HT with only -3ma in standby. I also ran it with radio 26.08.03.07 but my gps kept loosing lock. It was my old 001HT that had the -150ma drain problem.

The root and flash procedures I used were the ones on the on the Cyanogen Wiki page. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

gamester2k

Jun 29, 2010
Just to clarify I am currently running CyanogenMod 7.0.0 stable release and radio 26.04.02.17 on my SoftBank branded 001HT with only -3ma in standby. I also ran it with radio 26.08.03.07 but my gps kept loosing lock. It was my old 001HT that had the -150ma drain problem.

The root and flash procedures I used were the ones on the on the Cyanogen Wiki page. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Looks like Softbank received a faulty batch of phones because I am having the same issues. Tried every rom/radio combo, but everything fails. ~150ma battery drain. The battery drain issue is getting rather annoying and I think I am going to do what you did and return the pos to softbank to get it fixed.

Did you root your old unit before returning it? If you did, did you unroot it before you went to the softbank shop?

Blitzed_Penguin

Jan 12, 2010
Okinawa City
Looks like Softbank received a faulty batch of phones because I am having the same issues. Tried every rom/radio combo, but everything fails. ~150ma battery drain. The battery drain issue is getting rather annoying and I think I am going to do what you did and return the pos to softbank to get it fixed.

Did you root your old unit before returning it? If you did, did you unroot it before you went to the softbank shop?

It was rooted, Radio S-off, ENG S-off, Recovery Flashed, running one of the LeeDroid versons (even with -150ma drain with the screen off this rom gave me 6-7 hours vs. 3-4 CM7 was giving me), and I don't remeber what radio but it wasn't stock.

I was drunk at a bar when I knocked it in to the sink behind the bar and by the time I noticed, it was dead. I dried it with a hair dryer when I got home but it would not turn on so after I turned it in to SoftBank I dont think they could tell it was hacked or even cared since it was covered by the insurance.

I think hacking only voids the warrenty not damage protection insurance. Technicly if you brick your phone hacking it you damaged the phone and I assume the insurance would cover that. I only had to pay something like Y8500 and wait 2 weeks for them to "repair" it. They didn't repair anything, just gave me a new phone with a new serial number without the sim/sd cover and gave me my old cover back.

When I got my new phone the 1st thing I did was test it with current widget with the stock rom but the value was 0ma all the time. I went ahead and flashed it because 6-7 hours with LeeDroid was better then the stock rom and to my suprise i was getting the -3ma drain everyone was talking about so I flashed CM7 and still had -3ma standby drain. I thought it was SoftBanks network causing the problem at 1st, not the phone.

I don't think softbank users should assume that its a bad batch of DesireHD's just yet and try to get new phones. It could be other reasons and they should try the troubleshooting steps in the 2nd post 1st and try different rom and radio combinations and if they have tried EVERYTHING, then talk to softbank. I will post part of my 1st and 2nd serial numbers up when i get home and maybe they can be compaired or something then mabe we can confirm a bad batch.

Grant Barker

Apr 14, 2008
www.thecomputermouse.com
I tried CM7 the last couple of days (which is very nice) and I didn't have any battery drain issues. That was my first Android Custom rom here in Japan on the Desire HD. I'm now playing with RCMix HD (also very nice) and I'll see how the battery lasts on that. I've not changed or installed any radios at this point. Are you sure you are using the correct APN etc?
(It can cost you a lot of money if you are not and your data bill is charged differently.)

On a second note: I really love this Touch Input keyboard in RCMix HD, and I'm not sure if the audio was better in CM7. If you try them out - please give me your opinions.
This is a double post reply.. I wanted to be clear that battery drain wasn't a problem with CM7 and I haven't changed or touched my radio. I'll see how RCMix HD holds up..

Reactions: Blitzed_Penguin

siberpunk01

Apr 16, 2011
I am using Spike CM 7 right now. I like it a lot, but I'm only getting about 6-7 hours out of my phone now too. I need to figure out how to slow down the battery drain because it is super inconvenient to charge my phone twice per day.

Blitzed_Penguin

Jan 12, 2010
Okinawa City
My first phones serial number was:
HT0B6RX0**** <---- was BOUGHT 12/2010
Second phone was:
HT12JRXA**** <--- was MADE 03/2011

I am using CyanogenMod 7 and these are all the radios I have tried:
12.28e.60.140f_26.04.02.17_M2 <--- Similar to stock radio
12.28e.60.140f_26.04.02.17_M2_SF <--- Similar to stock radio
12.39.60.19_26.06.04.06_M <--- Poor battery life
12.35d.60.140f_26.06.03.24_M2 <--- Similar to stock radio
12.35d.60.140fU_26.08.03.07_M <--- Great battery life but GPS did not stay locked
12.48.60.23U_26.08.04.07_M3 <--- GPS did not stay locked

The ones that I say are similar to stock are similar in battery drain and performance. 26.08.03.07 is the only one that showed much improved battery life but the GPS would not stay locked.

26.08.03.07 would give me 3-5ma 90% of the time with 60ma spikes 5% and up to 200ma the last 5%.
Stock and the other similar radios would give 3-5ma 50% and 150-200ma the other 50%.

Others my get different results. I am going back to 26.08.03.07 and check to see if the battery drain is as good as the 1st time I used it and to see if there is something I can do to keep my GPS locked.

Last edited:

unforseenenemy

Dec 16, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
OK, I have a little promising news as far as the battery drain! I flashed inspired saga v 1.0.1 made for the inspire 4g and I was getting a drain of 3ma with Wifi on and 1ma with it off(while screen is off)! The extreme downfall though was that a lot of programs were force closing,messaging and phone were broke, and cellular data wasn't working either.
So it looks like we may be able to use the inspire 4g roms as a base to see if we can get a working GB rom on our "mystery" softbank phones
Hope this helps!!
Sent from my 001HT using XDA Premium App

gamester2k

Jun 29, 2010
OK, I have a little promising news as far as the battery drain! I flashed inspired saga v 1.0.1 made for the inspire 4g and I was getting a drain of 3ma with Wifi on and 1ma with it off(while screen is off)! The extreme downfall though was that a lot of programs were force closing,messaging and phone were broke, and cellular data wasn't working either.
So it looks like we may be able to use the inspire 4g roms as a base to see if we can get a working GB rom on our "mystery" softbank phones
Hope this helps!!
Sent from my 001HT using XDA Premium App

Hmm, are you sure you weren`t getting getting low battery drain because your mobile data wasn`t enabled?

gamester2k

Jun 29, 2010
Got my dhd back from softbank the other day. I initially asked them to have a look at it because of the horrible battery drain, and possibly replace it but no dice. They said everything was fine with the battery (well of course, the battery isn`t the culprit in this case) but they did end up replacing the camera and the proximity sensor.

Still trying to figure out the battery life issue though. I tried the saga rom but the battery life isnt too great with that either. Maybe its due to the radio working properly with the new rom?

unforseenenemy

Dec 16, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
You can grab it from this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1056549

Make sure you have radio s-off before flashing though. Flashing the ruu will replace everything including recovery and bootloader so you will need s-off to downgrade again, if you need to, using and older ruu.

Works wonderfully! Finally a newer ROM for is that doesn't have a battery drain! Using mdeejays newest kernel and its perfectly smooth... Stock kenel was fast too.

Sent from my 001HT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally get rid of that drain.
    I didn't notice about this problem before.probably lucky with my battery quality..even with the 100 drain I get around one day.

Ok. Firstly, I am using leedroid rom. So I am not sure if this will apply to other roms.
    U need to edit the build.prop in the root system folder (I use root explorer). Then add the following lines in the file

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8 # defaultは10
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5 # defaultは8
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.fast.dormancy.timeout=3
    ro.ril.enable.sbm.feature=1
    ro.ril.oem.mosms.mode=1
    ro.telephony.default_network=2
    ro.ril.def.agps.mode=2
    ro.ril.def.agps.feature=2

And reboot. Go away drain. Welcome 5 ma with screen off.

some say those line should be added at the first line. Some others say u should copy linhtcril.so
    In my case, I did not copy libhtcril.so from softbank stock. I just added those at the last line in build.prop, save build prop and reboot.

Hope this help u guys

Ps: I did not invent this. took it from one of the japanese blogs around.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
    I tried CM7 the last couple of days (which is very nice) and I didn't have any battery drain issues. That was my first Android Custom rom here in Japan on the Desire HD. I'm now playing with RCMix HD (also very nice) and I'll see how the battery lasts on that. I've not changed or installed any radios at this point. Are you sure you are using the correct APN etc?
    (It can cost you a lot of money if you are not and your data bill is charged differently.)

On a second note: I really love this Touch Input keyboard in RCMix HD, and I'm not sure if the audio was better in CM7. If you try them out - please give me your opinions.
    This is a double post reply.. I wanted to be clear that battery drain wasn't a problem with CM7 and I haven't changed or touched my radio. I'll see how RCMix HD holds up..