[ROM] Clean ROM - Stock UI - RTM 8858 Base - Focus v1.3 - 7.8 Official

Search This thread

paulbram

Sep 16, 2009
I used the HTC "Connected Media" app available from the AppStore when you switch your marketplace settings with WPHTweaks to HTC. Works fine for playing videos captured on the camera directly to my xbox360 over wifi.

This 7.8 ROM image works really well. Thanks. I removed the flashlight app and swapped for FlashLight-X from the Store and tossed the Nokia Drive 2.x app for the Nokia "Drive_v3.1.0.3206" from a certain chinese website which works a lot better. In that app, I edited the WMAppMainfest.xml file to rename the Title back to "Nokia Drive" cause the Chinese site put in Chinese unicode characters. The app claims to need root access but it works fine if you don't enable it.

Today I just got an updated app from marketplace for "high fidelity position" and "Network Profile". Not sure what they changed.

Those tweaks sound great. Did you recreate a new ROM or did you just adjust those things after you flashed? If you happen to have a newer ROM with these changes I'd be interested in it if you don't mind sharing.

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Yeah, I know, but I'm giving this phone away to a family member and don't want to have to worry about things not working properly after a reset if the need arises.

No worries, what I have now seems to be working great.

I understand, I'm giving my Focus to my brother-in-law tomorrow. But the flashlight app, Samsungs dlna app (AllShare), and the other two updates can be downloaded legitimately, free, and easily via the Marketplace with no extra tinkering needed.

danchar4

Feb 27, 2011
Seattle

ramrod54

Jan 9, 2011
You are all a great deal of help. Thanks. My son like this ROM. Is there a better modem for it at all?
Once again thanks.

Last edited:

HaVoKeR

Mar 27, 2012
Hello Voluptuary!

The ROM has been running great and stable :) The battery life is pretty good too after the phone battery re-learned the new ROM. I did come accross one little issue: The MMS doesn't work! I have the Walmart Family Mobile and i tried using Network Profile App from Samsung but it sucks because it detects my SIM/Network as T-Mobile. The Nokia Network Setup App which came installed in another 7.8 ROM had no problem with detecting my correct network and MMS also worked! I was wondering if it is possible for you to cook the Nokia Network Setup app into your next version of the rom as Nokia's app is great because it gives you full control over APN's and MMS settings.

I have already tried to change my OEM STORE to Nokia and the Device name to Lumia 900 but after opening the app it tells me the the app isn't compatible for my version of windows phone and then closes itself. It did used to work on the other pre-released 7.8 ROM from the Viet website. So yeah, if you could cook Nokia Network Setup App into this ROM it would be of great help to everyone who is having issue with APN settings :)

Thank you so much!!

Family Mobile APN settings

Cellular Data
APN: web.omwtoday.com
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>

MMS
MMSC: http://wirelessfour.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
MMS Max Message Size: <blank>

EDIT: NVM, a simple Registry change from here fixed the issue. Basically what it did was get the Network Info directly from the SIM card. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204334

Last edited:

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Hello Voluptuary!

The ROM has been running great and stable :) The battery life is pretty good too after the phone battery re-learned the new ROM. I did come accross one little issue: The MMS doesn't work! I have the Walmart Family Mobile and i tried using Network Profile App from Samsung but it sucks because it detects my SIM/Network as T-Mobile. The Nokia Network Setup App which came installed in another 7.8 ROM had no problem with detecting my correct network and MMS also worked! I was wondering if it is possible for you to cook the Nokia Network Setup app into your next version of the rom as Nokia's app is great because it gives you full control over APN's and MMS settings.

I have already tried to change my OEM STORE to Nokia and the Device name to Lumia 900 but after opening the app it tells me the the app isn't compatible for my version of windows phone and then closes itself. It did used to work on the other pre-released 7.8 ROM from the Viet website. So yeah, if you could cook Nokia Network Setup App into this ROM it would be of great help to everyone who is having issue with APN settings :)

Thank you so much!!

Family Mobile APN settings

Cellular Data

MMS
MMSC: http://wirelessfour.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
MMS Max Message Size: <blank>

EDIT: NVM, a simple Registry change from here fixed the issue. Basically what it did was get the Network Info directly from the SIM card. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204334
Hi, thanks for the feedback. The phone is supposed to run ADC on the very first boot (or after a full reset) automatically. Did you have your SIM in the phone when you first flashed? And did you do the full reset after the flash with the SIM in the phone? If you did have the SIM in then there is something wrong and I will have to look into it.

Reactions: HaVoKeR

ramrod54

Jan 9, 2011
Okay I'm a newbe when it comes to W7 Phone. No problem rooting and installing new firmware but how do I install WPHTweaks.
Instructions in the read me make no sence to me. Like what in the world is a project ETC.

HaVoKeR

Mar 27, 2012
Hi, thanks for the feedback. The phone is supposed to run ADC on the very first boot (or after a full reset) automatically. Did you have your SIM in the phone when you first flashed? And did you do the full reset after the flash with the SIM in the phone? If you did have the SIM in then there is something wrong and I will have to look into it.
You are right Voluptuary but since i ran the Network Profile app and it failed to detect the right carrier... it screwed up my settings. So, i had to manually do it. I flashed the 3.05 ROM this morning and everything just works!! Including MMS ;)

This ROM couldn't be any more PERFECT! :laugh:

machhho

Feb 3, 2011
does this Rom support bluetooth file transfer and also if it supports the arabic language ?

thanks

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
You are right Voluptuary but since i ran the Network Profile app and it failed to detect the right carrier... it screwed up my settings. So, i had to manually do it. I flashed the 3.05 ROM this morning and everything just works!! Including MMS ;)

This ROM couldn't be any more PERFECT! :laugh:
Good to hear, and thanks for letting me know that it was all fine so I didn't pull my hair out trying to figure out something that wasn't broken. ;)

does this Rom support bluetooth file transfer and also if it supports the arabic language ?

thanks
There is a cab attached to the first post that will install the Bluetooth transfer drivers. After that is installed to the phone all you would need to do is install the nokia Bluetooth transfer xap and possible change the OEM to nokia. The last part I'm not sure is required but if the nokia xap errors saying it not a nokia device that would be why. As far as Arabic, I'm sorry to say currently there is no support. However all hope is not lost, as soon as MS releases the WP7.8 update and someone captures all the language CAB's you should be able to update and add whatever languages you wish.

Last edited:

ferap

Apr 11, 2010
thanks voluptuary for this ROM, its great, stable and smoooth !!

Question: Is there any chance to install clock hub and make it work??

thanks in advance

Saiyaku

Nov 23, 2012
afaik that clock hub is exclusive to dynamics roms, and even if you extract the xap and install it somewhere else it won't work because it needs some special drivers or something like that

besides ultrashot or ceesheim would come to bite voluptuary's balls if he ever did that, and we don't want to see that, trust me :D

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Hello! i've been flashed with your ROM! but when im connect to Pc and Zune software tell me "Phone Is Locked"... So what can i must do now?
Nobody wanna help me? :rolleyes:
Sorry, I have been busy. Are you trying to sideload an app? If that is the case be sure that when you sideload the screen is unlocked or you will get that error. If that is not what you are trying to do can you please post some more information so I can better assist you?

Reactions: truong90

wildbilll

Dec 19, 2006
St. Louis
Nobody wanna help me? :rolleyes:

1. Flash it again, using the 3.05 ROM on page one of this thread. This takes several minutes, be patient.
2. After the flash is completed, and the phone is asking you to set it up, set it up until you can get to the point where you can hard reset it.
3. Wait for it to complete the reset, go ahead and input all of your account info into the phone, make sure it can get on the internet.
4. Uninstall Zune.
5. Re-install Zune.
6. Connect it to Zune. Configure the Zune software for your preferences.
7. Hope this fixed it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok folks, I've been running versions of my newest build on my Focus, Lumia 800, and HD2 now for about a week and all three devices are rock solid so time for a public release.

So here are the fruits of my labor. My goal was to stay as minimal and as stock as possible. Windows Phone as it is supposed to be. Most of the changes are 'under-the-hood' type changes so your device will still look stock but you will have all the perks of a fully unlocked ROM. There is support cooked in for ultrashot's packages but the XAP's have been left out. This way if you want them you can side-load them but for those that don't there is no extra clutter to worry about. For those using build 3.00 (does not apply to 3.05+) to make things easier for you all I have included the two most important ultrashot XAP's at the bottom of this post. You will need to side-load AccountManager if you want the ability to run programs that need 'Root' and if you want the ability to install XAP's via IE you will need to side-load XapDeployer. For those that aren't concerned with any of this you don't have to do anything.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR PHONE EXPLODES OR ANYTHING ELSE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

【ROM Version】 Clean ROM 3.10a

【SYS Languages】 GER/ENG/ESP/FRA/ITA

【Model of Device】 SGH-I917 Rev 1.3

【OS Version】 7.10.8858.136

-official nokia rtm base
    -full unlock via ultrashot unlocks
    -csc support implemented
    -original five focus display languages only
    -original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
    -nokia drive included
    -removed now hub
    -removed att & rogers branding in internet explorer
    -fixed color banding
    -internet connection sharing enabled
    -diagnosis auto-installed
    -network profile auto-installed
    -high fidelity position auto-installed
    -htc app drivers included
    -flip to silence package included
    -dlna support package included
    -sd storage unlock
    -gray accent added
    -disabled system logging
    -added ability to set static ip
    -added ability to change default search provider
    -other minor tweaks and improvments

*support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, and voluptuary CAB updates

THANKS: DFT Team, AnDim, OSBuilder Team, xboxmod, ultrashot, ceesheim, mirolg, contable, Heathcliff74 and Microsoft

EXTRA THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR DONATIONS: RonV42

BUGS: Let me know.

OTHER: While I have included ultrashot's unlocks and added support for his SearchKeySettings the SearchKeySettings XAP is not installed. If you would like this functionality you will have to install it. Support for SearchKeySettings has been removed as of build 1.25 because it broke voice search in bing.

BATTERY: Some users have suggested that perhaps 'Extra Settings' uses extra battery. So I have attached to this post a XAP that will 'pull' 'Extra Settings' from the 'Settings' menu thus allowing it to be uninstalled. Extra Settings has been removed as of build 1.25.

As always, if you like my work please click "THANKS" ;)

DOWNLOAD build 3.10a - WP 7.8
    DOWNLOAD build 2.01a - Tango
    DOWNLOAD build 1.30 - Mango
    If you have trouble downloading try using IE9, it should work then.

MIRROR of builds 1.10, 1.20, 1.20a, 1.25, 2.00 <- Thanks SuperSport

MIRROR of builds 1.30, 2.00 <- Thanks HaVoKeR
    HOW TO INSTALL:

0.) Have MAGLDR installed on your phone and Samsung Drivers installed on your PC
    1.) Place the zip files 'OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF + DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe + rapitool.exe' in a folder
    2.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    3.) Right when the screen goes black press and hold 'voldown + camera'
    4.) Press '<-' (cancel)
    5.) Plug your phone into your PC
    6.) Flash OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF with DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe
    7.) Wait
    8.) Go through the setup wizard on phone
    9.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    10.) Enjoy and press 'thanks' below (optional)

EXTRA CAB's (these work with build 1.20 and later): These probably won't work well with build 3.00

1.) contable's full system skin *!*first you MUST send the REMOVE CAB to uninstall the old Storage Lock*!*
    2.) extra accents (zebra, nokia blue, htc green) and themes (night, blood, ocean, jungle) <- Build 1.25 and later
    3.) XBOX Live & Office icon 'fixer'
    You are the BEST voluptuary!! THank you so much! Everything is working smooth :)

No problem, I'm glad that solved everything for you. All I ask is if you are happy with my work just click the "Thanks" button ;)
    congratulation to your first ROM :cool:
    This release is to make sure all the backend changes I made function properly before Tango comes out so that I can be sure any quirks that might pop up then are not comming from anything I have done here. So please if you notice anything that is 'not quite right' please post it. That said this should be very stable.

-dft 8107 base
    -dft 'extras' removed (lockscreen, accents, ect.)
    -ultrashot unlocks (interop, xbl, full) *new
    -fixed color banding
    -fixed internet connection sharing
    -htc drivers (v1) *new
    -diagnosis app pre-installed (##634# call removed)
    -network profile pre-installed
    -removed now hub
    -removed help & how-to
    -removed att & rogers favorites in internet explorer
    -original five focus display languages only
    -original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
    -extra settings (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -high fidelity position (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -sd storage unlock
    -skydrive & skype & weather
    -nokia drive (v2.0 unbranded) *new
    -csc support implemented (more like factory firmwares) *new
    -my accents and themes (full 3rd party app support, only rom with this right now)
    -minor under the hood tweaks *new
    -support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, CeesHeim, contable-miro, and voluptuary cab updates *new

DOWNLOAD LINK IN FIRST POST :)