AT&T Themed Data Icons for CleanROM V (credits to scrosler for his amazing work)

Search This thread

wangtang2k

Nov 18, 2008
Ronkonkoma
Sorry for the delay guys.

Work's been super busy and I barely have had the chance to update or check things lol I just quickly put this together for anyone interested.
Anyways, since the icon editing on the SystemUI.apk are based off scrosler's work, CleanROM 4.5, it's only limited to the mods he currently has available for his particular work. For example, CleanROM 4.5 has Battery Percentage and EQS but no transparency enabled (not as far as I know). Once a port is made for EQS with Transparency then I'll be able to get a transparency version.
Anyways, have fun :)
This is for scrosler's CleanROM 4.5: Battery Percentage, AT&T Data Icons, Blue 5 Signal Strength Bar and ICS colors.
*- I like changing the phone's skin to "Serene" so that it makes the home dock "see-through" and has those orange slide-buttons in EQS which in conjunction with the ICS blue theme icons match perfectly to the Orange-Blue AT&T Data icons :D

trant01

Aug 5, 2010
The battery icon goes away when it's charging. Is that by design?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Pfaffinator

wangtang2k

Nov 18, 2008
Ronkonkoma
Update!

Here's an updated version for scrosler's CleanROM 4.5 and this one includes the transparent EQS plus the other things I usually include with the flash files :) Enjoy.
Screenies:
14xngpl.png

3yl4h.png

Flash in recovery, and don't forget to backup before changing anything. :D
Now if we could just get the 3-button menu removal and Key remaps for this base lol

trant01

Aug 5, 2010
Charging icon came back and flashlight in EQS!! Great work!!!!

malox23

Mar 11, 2012
Here's an updated version for scrosler's CleanROM 4.5 and this one includes the transparent EQS plus the other things I usually include with the flash files :) Enjoy.
Screenies:
14xngpl.png

3yl4h.png

Now if we could just get the 3-button menu removal and Key remaps for this base lol

After flashing this, my signal bars when on lte is not displayed accurately (no bars). Your previous version with non-trans EQS didn't have this issue.

Sent from my HTC One X

lazarat

Aug 4, 2012
Can you make a flazhable zip for nocturnal 1.89?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

wangtang2k

Nov 18, 2008
Ronkonkoma
After flashing this, my signal bars when on lte is not displayed accurately (no bars). Your previous version with non-trans EQS didn't have this issue.

Sent from my HTC One X
My friend has flashed this same zip for CleanROM 4.5 and LTE works fine. Could be an isolated issue. Anyone using this SystemUI.apk with CleanROM 4.5 having this same issue with 4G LTE signals not showing on screen?
Also, could you please post a screenie of the anomaly? Thank you.

Can you make a flazhable zip for nocturnal 1.89?

Try the included zip. Flash via recovery. Make a backup before any changes :D
I don't have Nocturnal Xi40 installed but I hope this zip works for it.
*- This flashable zip is for Nocturnal Xi40 127 ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: lazarat

lazarat

Aug 4, 2012
43a773eb-bdaa-d6e8.jpg

Thanks for the promt reply! Edit: the system.apk you cooked works great I had to use root explorer to push it. When u try flashing the zip file it says failed. So there might be something wrong with the zip file, but the system.apk works great thank you!

Last edited:

wangtang2k

Nov 18, 2008
Ronkonkoma
43a773eb-bdaa-d6e8.jpg

Thanks for the promt reply! Edit: the system.apk you cooked works great I had to use root explorer to push it. When u try flashing the zip file it says failed. So there might be something wrong with the zip file, but the system.apk works great thank you!

lol Glad you were able to push the file to your phone without any issues :D It's all good so long as it works in the end haha.

malox23

Mar 11, 2012
My friend has flashed this same zip for CleanROM 4.5 and LTE works fine. Could be an isolated issue. Anyone using this SystemUI.apk with CleanROM 4.5 having this same issue with 4G LTE signals not showing on screen?

Here are the pix, LTE with no bars and non-LTE with bars. With the non-trans EQS, I have 4 bars with LTE (exact same location).

Screenshot_2012-08-04-20-10-21.png

Screenshot_2012-08-04-20-10-42.png

Last edited:

bstephens2u

Aug 20, 2009
Here are the pix, LTE with no bars and non-LTE with bars. With the non-trans EQS, I have 4 bars with LTE (exact same location).

Screenshot_2012-08-04-20-10-21.png

Screenshot_2012-08-04-20-10-42.png

I also had the no LTE bars problem. when in a 4g area my phone constantly switches between the 3g and 4g signal bars although i kno its a strong 4g area and see no degradation in download speed.

larapr

Jul 7, 2008
I also had the no LTE bars problem. when in a 4g area my phone constantly switches between the 3g and 4g signal bars although i kno its a strong 4g area and see no degradation in download speed.

I have this problem all bars went to white no blue bars when I flashed this in clean Rom 4.5 had to go back to 4.0 wangtank heeeeeelp :(

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344291037565.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344291037565.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

larapr

Jul 7, 2008

Try the included zip. Flash via recovery. Make a backup before any changes :D
I don't have Nocturnal Xi40 installed but I hope this zip works for it.
*- This flashable zip is for Nocturnal Xi40 127 ROM

Yes me help! :( I posted a screen shot before up this post maybe you guys did something different did you flash any cleanrom mods and then the zip ? Cause what I did is wipe everything flash the ROM and then your Zip :(

Last edited:

wangtang2k

Nov 18, 2008
Ronkonkoma
Signal strength does not seem to show up when in an LTE area. Unfortunately I can't replicate the problem since I don't have LTE where I live. The Transparency zip I uploaded before was done using scrosler's EQS from the CleanROM4.5 RC1, which still had the flashlight and transparency added to the SystemUI.apk. It appears that though some SystemUI parameters are compatible from CleanROM4.5RC1 to CleanROM4.5Final some are not.
I've made 2 zip files for CleanROM4.5:
This file (NonTransEQS) does not have the LTE signal display problem and was taken from CleanROM4.5 itself, which also means no transparency or flashlight in the EQS.

This file (LTETest) is the one taken from CleanROM4.5RC1 and has not been tested in an LTE area so I can't tell whether it will have the LTE signal display problem. I've tried replacing the LTE xml's with the current CleanROM's. However, everything else works adequately: transparency, flashlight in EQS, etc. As said before, it may or may not fix the LTE signal strength display problem.

Use the one that works best for you. I'm using the Transparency one since there's no LTE in my area as of yet and since we all know it's only a matter of time for Mr. scrosler to release a new CleanROM, I don't think I'd worry too much about a new EQS being released for it.

Attachments

• NonTransEQSBatPerATTIconsCleanROM4.5.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: larapr

larapr

Jul 7, 2008
Signal strength does not seem to show up when in an LTE area. Unfortunately I can't replicate the problem since I don't have LTE where I live. The Transparency zip I uploaded before was done using scrosler's EQS from the CleanROM4.5 RC1, which still had the flashlight and transparency added to the SystemUI.apk. It appears that though some SystemUI parameters are compatible from CleanROM4.5RC1 to CleanROM4.5Final some are not.
I've made 2 zip files for CleanROM4.5:
This file (NonTransEQS) does not have the LTE signal display problem and was taken from CleanROM4.5 itself, which also means no transparency or flashlight in the EQS.

This file (LTETest) is the one taken from CleanROM4.5RC1 and has not been tested in an LTE area so I can't tell whether it will have the LTE signal display problem. I've tried replacing the LTE xml's with the current CleanROM's. However, everything else works adequately: transparency, flashlight in EQS, etc. As said before, it may or may not fix the LTE signal strength display problem.

Use the one that works best for you. I'm using the Transparency one since there's no LTE in my area as of yet and since we all know it's only a matter of time for Mr. scrosler to release a new CleanROM, I don't think I'd worry too much about a new EQS being released for it.

Ok did some tests here are the screenies, a couple of observations , I flash first the lte test zip it didn't solve the problem , then I flashed the non transparent eqs lte bars came back however I lost the flash light and media volume bar. As well the eqs looks different than your screenshot before its has a blue circle at the bottom and blue borders on top (which I like) but unfortunately I lost that too :( hope it works for other people

Update # 1: I added another screen shot the clear icon at the top on the eqs is the stock one it didn't change after flashing definitely something its not sticking

Update # 2: Another weird finding the 4# screenshot got very strange don't know it has to be with the Rom of this Zip when I'm in a call the top status bar froze with all blue bars which its inaccurate cause in this area I always has two bars when I'm not I'm a call I have two bars, when the phone its charging no animation shows in the battery as well ....if anybody knows what's wrong with my phone or what I'm Doing wrong let me know of any suggestions please I will appreciate it :(...im going back to CleanROM 4.0 no issues there :)

Attachments

• 20120807194937.jpg
    20120807194937.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 20120807195023.jpg
    20120807195023.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 261
  • 20120808080835.jpg
    20120808080835.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot_2012-08-08-18-57-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-08-18-57-35.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

MyxoFish

Jan 27, 2011
Fantastic work, looks amazing!

Is there a way to just get the icons and stock notifications bottom? I tried to do it myself but ended screwing things up entirely.

Last edited:

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
Any chance of getting a better looking battery mod? Maybe one with just numbers. That way its clearly visible and has no ugly borders/restraints.

Last edited:
Reactions: zounduser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SystemUI mod for scrosler's amazing CleanROM V Final Cut version also using his EQS. I merely added and edited the data icons among a few things.
    Just sharing this modified SystemUI.apk with everyone. It has an ICS theme that matches the AT&T Themed Data Icons, ICS Battery Percentage and EQS.
    Remember to always do a backup before applying any changes to the system folder in case something goes wrong.
    Flash in recovery and enjoy :D
    2d9zsb9.png
    Sorry for the delay guys.

Work's been super busy and I barely have had the chance to update or check things lol I just quickly put this together for anyone interested.
    Anyways, since the icon editing on the SystemUI.apk are based off scrosler's work, CleanROM 4.5, it's only limited to the mods he currently has available for his particular work. For example, CleanROM 4.5 has Battery Percentage and EQS but no transparency enabled (not as far as I know). Once a port is made for EQS with Transparency then I'll be able to get a transparency version.
    Anyways, have fun :)
    This is for scrosler's CleanROM 4.5: Battery Percentage, AT&T Data Icons, Blue 5 Signal Strength Bar and ICS colors.
    *- I like changing the phone's skin to "Serene" so that it makes the home dock "see-through" and has those orange slide-buttons in EQS which in conjunction with the ICS blue theme icons match perfectly to the Orange-Blue AT&T Data icons :D
    CleanROM V

Credits to scrosler for his EQS and his rock-solid CleanROM V :D
    Do a backup before installing any mods.
    Flash in recovery.
    This is the EQS + Orange/Blue AT&T themed data and signal icons for CleanROM V
    Let us know if it works :)
    Update!

Screenies:
    14xngpl.png

3yl4h.png

thinking about making this for the new Asian Android 4.04 based ROMS like CleanROM 4.5 and Xi40 Nocturnal 2.x (r125beta)