Xperia Play front camera not working!

Search This thread

wasay80

Sep 12, 2012
Hi guys
My front camera stopped working...i get Camera not connected message when trying to turn on the camera.
I tried everything like clearing data and restarting, resetting to factory settings and software repair in pc companion. All of the above methods failed.
Can someone help me out....thanks

jacklebott

Oct 22, 2010
Land of the Idiots
Mine stopped working as well. No idea what causes it though. It went back to normal at one point but then it failed again. I would assume it's something to do with the hardware of the camera, because nothing I do to the software changes it. And trust me, I've tried a lot as well.

hyperboltziii

Jan 5, 2012
San Jose
Camera or front speaker not working

I replaced the front camera and speaker ribbon cable and i still have the problem

My front camera or front speaker stopped working last week for an unknown reason.

Retechy

Jul 1, 2012
Same issue for mine as well. Rebooting after attempting to use it seemed to work for a while, but it returned to the error. I agree with it being a hardware issue.

jeff7424

Oct 21, 2011
Georgetown, Penang
If you're using a custom rom and using the LED torch on the quickpanel, go untick that LED torch on quickpanel settings.

If you're using stock rom, sorry no idea. :(

Sent from my awesome Xperia Play with DoomKernel

Xperia Gamer

Oct 31, 2012
you have probably toggled something off. try to look for your default settings and apply them. that should work. if any more problems arise just ask me. XPERIA GAMER

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
Make sure if you are using a CM9 or CM10 rom that you are using the legacy camera application, because the default google camera app sometimes is not compatible. It can also be related to the kernel being used.

twenty13

Jan 23, 2013
Colombo
Cannot connect to "front" camera

If you're using a custom rom and using the LED torch on the quickpanel, go untick that LED torch on quickpanel settings.

If you're using stock rom, sorry no idea. :(

Sent from my awesome Xperia Play with DoomKernel

Same issue here ...i'm using krisdee nxt 1.3 custom rom with doomkernel v14 and i've done above things nothing happened :( same error CANNOT CONNECT TO CAMERA ....PLEASE help me Developers !!!

Hedmaga

Mar 7, 2013
Same issue here ...i'm using krisdee nxt 1.3 custom rom with doomkernel v14 and i've done above things nothing happened :( same error CANNOT CONNECT TO CAMERA ....PLEASE help me Developers !!!

it;s easy dude, just go to Applications>Manage Applications>All>Camera>Clear data then...walllllaaaah it's work..

:victory: peace from Indonesia

blackbox92

Apr 8, 2012
clear data of the camera app,
or in custom rom u need to off Status Bar Widgets or off LED/Flash toggle,

senadin001

Apr 14, 2012
tried everything but still no succes, when i switch to fron camera black screen only came up, i'm able to press button for taking photo and when i press it, camera app freezes and i must get out of it with home button