Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...

Search This thread

BFBCIE2

Feb 12, 2013
Hellow Guys i want to ask... wats the diference? about the new M7? i mean the Screen is more smaller... and the CPU is 1.7Ghz... but as i know the QUalcom CPU that the Droid Dna have is the same and can be overlocked at 1.7Ghz.. because the CPU can Handle That :) the COmpany of HTC dow-clock the CPU of the HTC DROID DNA to 1.5GHz... when can Reach with no risk at 1.7Ghz... so wats the Difference the SCreen Density is 480Dpi and the M7 Screen Density is 460Dpi so? whts the Diferencie...

if the HTC M7 Uses the SAme CPU as the HTC DROID DNA (but the DNA is down-clock) whats the Big Deal About that? i mean... we can be at 1.7GHz with no problem on the HTC DROID DNA? i have been for 5 days using the 1.7GHz and in the GPU 487MHz... no probelms no SOD or reebots ... so whats the diference on the New HTC M7 on the HTC DROID DNA? if we can be at the same range ... because the hardware is the same...

I want to run my dna at 1.7. How would you upgrade it to 1.7?

XxSHaDoWxSLaYeRxX

Apr 26, 2012
Houston
www.ps3hax.net
Wow, that post was close to incomprehensible. The m7 is not a "droid" branded device, and will not be a flagship phone. Samsung has their s3 series, sure they make other phones, but the s3 line is their top product. For Htc, it is there incredible series, usually distinguished by the name, or the red highlighting. The dna is latest phone in that series of great phones.

The m7, while a capable device, is not in the same league as the dna. Regarding s-off, I assume you have not had Htc devices before. S-off always comes, and honestly it's really not that big of a deal anyway. Like others have mentioned, it only makes things slightly easier.

Good luck on your purchase

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

The flagship is the "One" devices. Ex. One x one s one v. The droid htcs are not flagship. HTC homepage had a one x+ on it. One series is flagship

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk 2

atishpatel2012

Jan 23, 2013
No I am not rooted. What is root and How would you root the dna and is it required or can u do it unrooted?
You cannot change new kernel without rooting, and you cannot overclock without a custom kernel for this device. Here is a pretty nice guide to summarize most of the process. I would suggest you do more reading than just this so you know what to do in case something happens and so you know exactly what you are doing. :) http://goo.gl/ZVurY

BFBCIE2

Feb 12, 2013
You cannot change new kernel without rooting, and you cannot overclock without a custom kernel for this device. Here is a pretty nice guide to summarize most of the process. I would suggest you do more reading than just this so you know what to do in case something happens and so you know exactly what you are doing. :)

Ok thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Is there any place that can do it for you just so I make sure I don't mess anything up?

Kasab

Feb 26, 2012
So is it worth it then to buy a DNA now on Verizon or should I want to upgrade my droid x2 for the M7?

Like global said, you might as well wait the next week and just see the final specs of the M7. The other question is whether Verizon will get the M7 at all. From the rumors, I personally would probably go with the M7 but nothing is official anyways right now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

atishpatel2012

Jan 23, 2013
Ok thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Is there any place that can do it for you just so I make sure I don't mess anything up?

Don't worry about it. Just follow everything carefully and i think there is a IRC that can help you if you do run into any trouble. you got this! I don't believe in paying to root my phone...read guide and follow carefully. good luck. :D

So is it worth it then to buy a DNA now on Verizon or should I want to upgrade my droid x2 for the M7?

I'm personally waiting to get my phone. If the HTC logo is at the bottom of the phone where the buttons are suppose to be...I dont' think i'll get it even if the specs are better. Only way to not regret waiting is to wait and decide once specs are final. You should however note that it might take a while for it to get out for Verizon... patience in the answer young one ;D hahaha

Ianxcom

Aug 26, 2010
Doubt Verizon gets the m7 any time soon if at all. If it did I would expect the htc home logo to be replaced with Verizon. I would expect Q3.

MrHarryBino

Feb 15, 2013
The HTC m7, while and black a capable device, is not in the same league as the dna.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

HTC M7 vs Xiaomi phone 2 :fingers-crossed:

MissionImprobable

Dec 20, 2011
As people have said elsewhere if they get it, it will be akin to the D3 to Bionic, RAZR to RAZR MAXX. That said, it would be a hell of an upgrade. Better battery, stereo speakers, tons more memory.

ystasino

Jan 31, 2011
Huh? The DNA/Butterfly is a regional interim release based on the One XL. The M7 will be HTC's "flagship" global phone to compete with the XZ, SGS4, and LG E940 and will include quad-band HSPA which the Butterfly intentionally did not. Here are features it's supposed to have (based on leaks) not in the DNA:

• First use of SoLux display technology in a mobile device
  • 32GB+ internal storage
  • 2,300 mAh battery
  • 13MP Exmor RS camera sensor
  • First official use of Sense 5
It's supposed to follow Samsung's lead with the SGS3 and be released on multiple U.S. carriers without any changes (unlike the One XL, EVO 4G LTE) and Sprint's supposed to carry it so a CDMA version will exist. If VZW decides not to carry it then the DNA will remain the HTC "flagship" but only on VZW. There’s not one feature on the DNA that’s superior to the leaked specs of the M7. And while the M7’s display might be 3/10 of an inch smaller SoLux stands to set a new standard in brightness and outdoor usability. As it is, the DNA’s display is 30% dimmer than the OG One X.

If you’re on VZW wait until the HTC U.S. launch of the M7 on February 19th to see if their one of the carriers that’s going to carry it. If they don’t and you want an HTC device the DNA’s still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.

One diseagreement, the M7 looks a lot like an iPhone 5, and I think that might deter some Android users. Two clarifications, I don't think that outdoors visibility on the DNA is bad and there are a couple of custom ROMs that do wonders with the existing battery. I agree with everything else you wrote.

ryanalan82

Oct 4, 2008
Wow, that post was close to incomprehensible. The m7 is not a "droid" branded device, and will not be a flagship phone. Samsung has their s3 series, sure they make other phones, but the s3 line is their top product. For Htc, it is there incredible series, usually distinguished by the name, or the red highlighting. The dna is latest phone in that series of great phones.

The m7, while a capable device, is not in the same league as the dna. Regarding s-off, I assume you have not had Htc devices before. S-off always comes, and honestly it's really not that big of a deal anyway. Like others have mentioned, it only makes things slightly easier.

Good luck on your purchase

for being so smart ur post is horribly wrong. I'm only chiming in cause I was waiting for HTC to get closer to showing the phone and what the future variant will be for the Sprint eVo line. The DNA was the first release of this M7 phone, Which also means it will be the worst version. I know I'm in a DNA thread but u guys here are just being bias. Sorta how I am with the eVo, but the difference is the eVo is what should be a bit later release on Sprint and have better features which puts it at the top of the new HTC line. As this has been the case the past couple yrs now. Look at last yrs one x. That came out just a month before the eVo 4g lte, but the eVo is at the top of that line. Got the best version with all features, and no horrible tegra 3 chip that some got stuck with. I'm not totally sure but the M7 will probably have the snapdragon 600 and the eVo would probably have the 800.

Swyped from my eVo

Last edited:

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Yes, a phone that will probably come out 6 months after the DNA should be better than the DNA...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So whats the about ot jave thw aame stuff thw only diferrence is thw camera

Thw camera is diferrence but thw aame stuff like the storage, battery, and display tech is diferrence too. Hope that amswer your qiestion
    Being someone who just got the DNA, i kinda hope the m7 will have horrible battery life so i can still feel good about my phone lol.
    The m7 is not a "droid" branded device, and will not be a flagship phone.

Huh? The DNA/Butterfly is a regional interim release based on the One XL. The M7 will be HTC's "flagship" global phone to compete with the XZ, SGS4, and LG E940 and will include quad-band HSPA which the Butterfly intentionally did not. Here are features it's supposed to have (based on leaks) not in the DNA:

• First use of SoLux display technology in a mobile device
    • 32GB+ internal storage
    • 2,300 mAh battery
    • 13MP Exmor RS camera sensor
    • First official use of Sense 5
    It's supposed to follow Samsung's lead with the SGS3 and be released on multiple U.S. carriers without any changes (unlike the One XL, EVO 4G LTE) and Sprint's supposed to carry it so a CDMA version will exist. If VZW decides not to carry it then the DNA will remain the HTC "flagship" but only on VZW. There’s not one feature on the DNA that’s superior to the leaked specs of the M7. And while the M7’s display might be 3/10 of an inch smaller SoLux stands to set a new standard in brightness and outdoor usability. As it is, the DNA’s display is 30% dimmer than the OG One X.

If you’re on VZW wait until the HTC U.S. launch of the M7 on February 19th to see if their one of the carriers that’s going to carry it. If they don’t and you want an HTC device the DNA’s still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.
    The J Butterfly/Butterfly which are the generic versions of the DNA sold everywhere directly by HTC do not. All of HTC's "flagships" that they've sold directly globally do.

Global Butterfly

Global One X+

ok... I never said the butterfly had it, I was just commenting on the fact that you were wrong on stating that the dna does not have quad band hspa
    ... the DNA’s still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.

I'm so tired of this buzz word. The battery on the dna is fine. Myself, wife, and best friend all have dna's, we all get 15 hours of life easily. Who the hell is away from a charger for more than that anyway.. This is America not Africa.

The storage "constraints"? If you are not tied into at least one cloud storage service by now your doing it wrong. With Dropbox integrated into everything, as well as amazon Google, storing stuff locally on a device is freaking archaic. So other phones have 32gb, 64gb..Hell maybe they have a few TB of storage, who wants to store all that stuff on a PHONE that could be lost.. stolen, broken, bricked, wiped, broken, stolen.... You get the idea.

You also misunderstand the term "flagship" device. Just because a device comes out from a carrier that has a better number here, a smaller number there does not make it a flagship line device. The m7 is most certainly not in direct competition with the s4. If you pay attention to HTC's launch schedule, you will notice that they only release flagship devices approx once per year and usually towards the middle or later part of the year.

The dna is going to be outpaced just like every other phone is. But the m7 is not the successor, nor will it be "the next big thing", I consider it the "thunderbolt" of this year. Good phone, but not of "droid" stature