HTC sense 6 by end of May

Search This thread

steven101387

Apr 29, 2013
Yeah but what will we get that the m8 has and what are we not gonna get?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011

--anx--

Apr 22, 2008
Cosenza
The double tap to wake will not be included, due to battery drain problem...HTC said that because the M8 have a coprocessor that prevent battery drain related to "idle" display (included double tap to wake and dot view cover situations)...

At least this is what HTC said to an Italian reviewer less than a month ago...

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

danlat1415

Apr 18, 2011
UK
I hope HTC keep the Camera APP customised to the HTC One (M7).

The ported Sense 6 ROMs currently use the M8's Camera APP - which does have one of the key features of the M7 - dual shot (camera and video) at the same time.
This was one of the key selling points for the HTC One (M7).
Using a ported ROM, the camera APP is good - but not for video/photos at same time, and you need to switch between different menus to be able to use either the camera or video.

Who cares when we have custom kernels? Unless you weren't planning on using one; in that case, yeah that would be nice.

ElementalX kernel does that beautifully. I'm running it on my stock T-Mobile US 4.4.2 ROM.

I don't want to flash my phone with custom Rom's or kernels (for now).
But after the Sense 6 is launched and if it will not have that feature I will be forced to do this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

CiDhed

May 14, 2009
St. Louis
I hope HTC keep the Camera APP customised to the HTC One (M7).

The ported Sense 6 ROMs currently use the M8's Camera APP - which does have one of the key features of the M7 - dual shot (camera and video) at the same time.
This was one of the key selling points for the HTC One (M7).
Using a ported ROM, the camera APP is good - but not for video/photos at same time, and you need to switch between different menus to be able to use either the camera or video.

It does too...

See the camera icon in the lower right?
uploadfromtaptalk1397633750048.jpg

CiDhed

May 14, 2009
St. Louis
so all the current rom have them huh? the feature for taking picture while recording? Then when were viewing recorded video, can we still took a photo of them??

What else is missing from the Sense 6 which exist in the previous Sense 5?

I don't know about all but insertcoin does. I'd assume they do.

Sense 6 gets better battery life and the camera seems to snap pictures faster too. I like it way more than 5.5.

XDA_h3n

Sep 20, 2011
On Earth!
The sense 6 update will probably have no gestures due to it being a Soc feature, though it's possible to do it software based. The ufocus won't be there as we don't have a depth sensor.

Top Liked Posts