[MOD] Phisycal mic key remap to silent key + Latvian diacritics
This is intended for typing Latvian diacritic symbols using a remapped mic key (google voice search) as the modifier key (you have to hold it down while pressing the letter).
Please make a backup of the respective files in your system, as I take no responsibility if you mess something up.
This is meant only for the physical keyboard of Samsung Captivate Glide i927, for the virtual/soft keyboard I suggest you use Google Keyboard.
THIS WORKS ONLY ON STOCK ROM (tested with ICS)
Heres the drill:
1. Root your phone - this varies for each device, you can find how-to on this forum. If you already have, skip to step 2
2. Install a root file browser on your Captivate Glide
3. Go to system/usr/ and backup the two files:
4. Replace the files you backed up with the ones I've provided in the attachment
5. Restart your phone for changes to take the effect
6. To get latvian diacritics - hold down the mic on your physical keyboard and hit the desired letter (i.e. 'e' would transform into 'ē').
Also greetings to my fellow latvians!