CWM for Wiko Stairway
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.
CyanogenMod/CWM is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
This is CWM for Wiko Stairway. As there are no custom roms (yet), this might not be very useful as of now
Do not install on any other device than the Wiko Stairway - I have not tested it on other clones (e.g. the Canvas4 210).
- The recovery has been compiled from Cyanogenmod 10.1
- minimal device tree that builds recovery https://github.com/chrmhoffmann/andr..._wiko_stairway
WARNING they seem to have released kernel sources that have problems with the battery temperature sensor. Self-compiled kernel always wants to shutdown (temp == 60). This seems to be erroneous code and not a real heat-problem, but I had to disable the safety guard shutdown. If you are uncomfortable with this use the first release.
THEREFORE: DO NOT LEAVE THE DEVICE IN RECOVERY UNATTENDED OR USE FIRST RELEASE WITH WIKO STOCK KERNEL.
NE PAS LAISSER LE TELEPHONE EN MODE RECOVERY SANS SURVEILLANCE - OU UTILISEZ LA PREMIERE VERSION AVEC NOYAU D"ORIGINE WIKO
Before proceeding please make a complete backup for ALL partitions (especially the recovery with e.g. MTK Droid Root & Tools).
Thxs go to:
- the guys who make MTK droid root & tools
- you can adb into the CWM
- backup and restore (boot, data, cache, system)
- install from .zip files
a) Get fastboot executable (apt-get install android-tools-fastboot)
b) and then bring device in fastboot mode (power up then press Vol Down + Vol Up -> Follow the instructions to fastboot)
c) on command line "fastboot flash recovery cwm-recovery-wiko-stairway.img"
d) on command line "fastboot reboot"
e) bring device to recovery (power up then press Vol Down + Vol Up -> follow the instructions to recovery)
- backup and restore also the boot.img
- make it possible to install ext4 images from CM e.g.
- tried nandroid backup/restore: seems to do the trick
- new self-compiled kernel! YAY!
- stripped down version of kernel (disabled wifi, sound, debug, etc). CWM is complete though.
Even older versions: