[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

serafino1

Nov 15, 2009
Hi all!

Sorry if I take advantage of your time and space with my basic questions... I would like to know whether the Android package, we' re discussing here, is experiencing any major operational problems. Where can one find a concise post of its unresolved issues? How can I uninstall Android and go back to WM 6.5 in case I don't like it? If not here, any other thread I can find answers to such questions?

Thank you:)

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hi all!

Sorry if I take advantage of your time and space with my basic questions... I would like to know whether the Android package, we' re discussing here, is experiencing any major operational problems. Where can one find a concise post of its unresolved issues? How can I uninstall Android and go back to WM 6.5 in case I don't like it? If not here, any other thread I can find answers to such questions?

Thank you:)

Well this is a testing thread. I recommend if this is your first time, start out with FRX07.1. Post your questions there if you run into issues; then once you get the hang of how it's organized, works, etc.. venture into a test build.

At any rate this doesn't effect WinMo at all. It's not flashed to the phone - the OS runs entirely off of your SD card. So simply reboot to get back to WinMo. Uninstall? Delete it from your SD card ;).

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I need 10 times to create a valid ts-calibration, but now it works fine :)

Yup, it's a pain! But as I stated in the OP of the FRX thread, once you finally get a good calibration file save it 15x! Make lots of copies of it... This way you won't have to worry about losing it or needing to go through that again. Just always reuse that file and you'll be good ;).

D

det-happy

I used the ts-calibration of my FRX07 and FRX07.1 installation, but they dont work :)
But no i make a copy

D

det-happy

The GBXOC works fine on my topaz, but its realy slow ;) of course, that is a problem of the phone, not of the xdandroid-build..

Now i know, android is ok for me :D
Thanks a lot for the work of the delevoper-team.

Next week i'll receive my new android phone :D:D:D

fsg4u

Oct 7, 2006
Hey,
After testing since over 5 months, is there a chance for a final 0C version?

Ciao fsg

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hey,
After testing since over 5 months, is there a chance for a final 0C version?

Ciao fsg

0C was literally just released.

Is there something wrong with this version? Please report.

Assuming everything is fine, there won't be many differences in the final version. At this point, the only thing that needs to be finalized is the CSV files so users don't have to manually copy them from the \Windows\ directory.

So you are pretty much running the final version, unless something is found that's horribly awry.

haytham-88

Nov 15, 2009
Thanks for your hard work
I have try the 0C last night and successfully work :) nothing wrong showed up
But is it really android 2.3.7?
Because it doesn't support Arabic! !

mazak23

Oct 21, 2010
Updates for this bundle.

Hello!
Can somebody tell me where can I find new kernel files?
My modules are : 2.6.27 but I wan to try new.

Regards
Mac

chriskoups

Jan 20, 2010
Question to Developers...
What do they mean this command..? Can we take more speed by modefying them?
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set initrd_offset 0x00a00000

Where i can find a list of command for cmdline?

Regards

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hello!
Can somebody tell me where can I find new kernel files?
My modules are : 2.6.27 but I wan to try new.

Regards
Mac

There's newer kernels, but I don't think they'll run too well on TOPA. .35 probably will, but I doubt anything past it will...

Question to Developers...
What do they mean this command..? Can we take more speed by modefying them?
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set initrd_offset 0x00a00000

Where i can find a list of command for cmdline?

Regards

It's setup for HaRET. If you'd really like more info, see the HaRET Documentation.

chriskoups

Jan 20, 2010
arrrghhh Thanks for the page..
So... i have check the site but nothing about ramsize and ramddr..
My topaz on android has only 74MB of ram.. i have change the value of the ramsize from 256MB (0x1000000) to 288MB (0x1200000) But nothing change.. I have also try 512MB (0x2000000) for fun an it's boot but again nothing change..
As i check in the web the ram sometime setup by default in the kernel.. So can you check the kernel to see if we can find it and change it... Cheers...:good:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
arrrghhh Thanks for the page..
So... i have check the site but nothing about ramsize and ramddr..
My topaz on android has only 74MB of ram.. i have change the value of the ramsize from 256MB (0x1000000) to 288MB (0x1200000) But nothing change.. I have also try 512MB (0x2000000) for fun an it's boot but again nothing change..
As i check in the web the ram sometime setup by default in the kernel.. So can you check the kernel to see if we can find it and change it... Cheers...:good:

That number won't magically give you more RAM...

Not sure why you thought it would.

mazak23

Oct 21, 2010
There's newer kernels, but I don't think they'll run too well on TOPA. .35 probably will, but I doubt anything past it will...
My mobile is Rhodium 100.
So can you point me where to find sources?
https://gitorious.org/linux-msm-rhod/linux-msm-rhodv
I know about it, but have no idea how to download anything.

On my current kernel 2.6.27 i have problem with bluetooth. When it is paired with stereo headphones only one route is working in time: when audio route works ( for calls) multimedia not (I cannot listing to the music). But if I choose after pairing to work only as multimedia (audio unticked) it is working fine.
And there is always trouble with connecting with headse (Nokia BH 214). I need to unpair it and pair everytime I start Android. Ofcourse all *.csv files from Windows are present (11 files, why not 10?)
Hope my logs will help.

Thanks for all your work.

Attachments

• data.txt
    221.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007

On my current kernel 2.6.27 i have problem with bluetooth. When it is paired with stereo headphones only one route is working in time: when audio route works ( for calls) multimedia not (I cannot listing to the music). But if I choose after pairing to work only as multimedia (audio unticked) it is working fine.
And there is always trouble with connecting with headse (Nokia BH 214). I need to unpair it and pair everytime I start Android. Ofcourse all *.csv files from Windows are present (11 files, why not 10?)
Hope my logs will help.

BT is flaky at best... The fact that it works at all for you is impressive ;).

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here

chriskoups

Jan 20, 2010
That number won't magically give you more RAM...

Not sure why you thought it would.

I think that on Android Topaz didn't give all the ram.. From the first try of android until now the ram is excactly the same... But 2 years ago the ram was default @ 256MB... So now i think we must check upgrade it to 288MB just for topaz..
I don't know how to make a kernel so if someone know it's better if he can check and maybe we can pull out some more ram for topaz..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from my TOPA100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    I think that on Android Topaz didn't give all the ram.. From the first try of android until now the ram is excactly the same... But 2 years ago the ram was default @ 256MB... So now i think we must check upgrade it to 288MB just for topaz..
    I don't know how to make a kernel so if someone know it's better if he can check and maybe we can pull out some more ram for topaz..

The Topaz and the Rhodium have the same amount of ram but that last 32MB that you are trying to use is reserved for the radio rom and not user accessible. You are wasting your time trying to access this... but hey if by some miracle you are able to retask that peice of memory good luck making a phone call.

Hope my logs will help.

You should be seeking assistance in the rhodium section. Here is the thread where you can find the newest kernels for GBX0C on rhodium:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1424495
    You want the link towards the middle of the first post "Auto Built Service...."
    But the new kernel is probably not going to fix your bluetooth issues. That said I still recommend updating to the newest one.
    not works for me (Topa100) stock on boot=(

Any information you'd like to provide? I can't really help you, you've given me nothing to go on.

I assume you mean "stuck" on boot. So stuck on the haret loading bar? Stuck on the flying text? Stuck on the boot animation? C'mon.
    sorry, of course, I install like you write above...in console it can't detect build type...install on root of sd all std startup for topaz, no changes...if it help I'll can take a photo of console

Can't detect build type... I had that yesterday, and forgot no_partitions in my startup. Perhaps same issue for you? Obviously this setup runs without a partitioned card, and if your card is partitioned you must tell the system that you want to ignore the partitions and just boot looped.