No network and "com.htc.htcdialer is not responding."

Search This thread

nj0fr@

May 23, 2012
Hello!

I had purple tint on my old HTC One, so I sent it for repairs under warranty and I got a completely new unit. It was working for a day, but today it couldn't connect to the network. At first I thought it was a HW issue, but I realized that Dialer was crashing with a message: "com.htc.htcdialer is not responding.". That made me think it was a software problem, so I tried doing a factory reset in HBOOT, but now htcdialer is still crashing, and I can't even go through initial setup, it just keeps rebooting when I try to unlock it for the first time. Is there any other way to flash a ROM, without being able to boot the phone?

Everything is completely stock, bootloader is locked and phone is not rooted. I updated it to the latest available version, 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5, I'm unsure what version it exactly is. I would like to keep it stock for at least a couple of days in case there is a hardware failure and I have to send it back to service, but I can do anything if it's necessary.

Thank you very much.

HBOOT image, if it is of any help: http://i.imgur.com/3XKC6Br.jpg?1

Bhavpreet

Apr 30, 2013
Since its completely stock and you just got the phone, I wouldnt bother going through and installing a custom rom, its too much of a hassle and if it ends up being a hardware problem its an even bigger issue.

I'd contact HTC again and see if they can do anything about it, or just send it back again under warranty. Flashing a custom rom in your situation isnt worth it imo.

Reactions: nj0fr@

nj0fr@

May 23, 2012
Since its completely stock and you just got the phone, I wouldnt bother going through and installing a custom rom, its too much of a hassle and if it ends up being a hardware problem its an even bigger issue.

I'd contact HTC again and see if they can do anything about it, or just send it back again under warranty. Flashing a custom rom in your situation isnt worth it imo.

That's exactly what I've been thinking.

I was actually able to get it to go through initial setup between reboots and I was able to install a RUU, a the same thing is happening again, so I'm pretty sure it's HW related. And it still isn't getting any signal. It's a bit of a problem because I have to bring it to a store 150km away, but I'll have to do it :crying:

Last edited:

Bhavpreet

Apr 30, 2013

I was actually able to get it to go through initial setup between reboots and I was able to install a RUU, a the same thing is happening again, so I'm pretty sure it's HW related. It's a bit of a problem because I have to bring it to a store 150km away, but I'll have to do it :crying:

Ahh that sucks. Call them and make some excuse about how you cant come to the store and see if you can ship it to them.

Reactions: nj0fr@

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I was actually able to get it to go through initial setup between reboots and I was able to install a RUU, a the same thing is happening again, so I'm pretty sure it's HW related. It's a bit of a problem because I have to bring it to a store 150km away, but I'll have to do it :crying:

Ahh that sucks. Call them and make some excuse about how you cant come to the store and see if you can ship it to them.