Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

neudof

Nov 24, 2008
Mayer, MN
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
i keep getting the following on my sprint HTC one after my device reboots

cannot stat 'firewater': No such file or directory

I have the downloaded files in the same android directory as adb and fastboot on my mac

edorner

Jul 9, 2010
HTC Butterfly S
Redmi K20 Pro
After gaining S-off on a fully stock device using Firewater + temproot, what is the easiest method for permanent rooting?

Since due to S-off full access is granted to all partitions, is it possible to install the su binary and superuser / superSu apk to the /system partition without flashing a custom recovery? For example by using "adb push" or a root file manager?

Where can I get a su binary? Should I extract it from superSu / superuser recovery ZIP package?

Could anyone walk me through the steps?

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
After gaining S-off on a fully stock device using Firewater + temproot, what is the easiest method for permanent rooting?

Since due to S-off full access is granted to all partitions, is it possible to install the su binary and superuser / superSu apk to the /system partition without flashing a custom recovery? For example by using "adb push" or a root file manager?

Where can I get a su binary? Should I extract it from superSu / superuser recovery ZIP package?

Could anyone walk me through the steps?

i would use the supersu.zip from recovery, that's the easiest method i would say. everyone at XDA knows where to find one, so i am not giving you a link for that :p

don't think there are any more steps for rooting.

coderocker

Jul 12, 2011
Firewater homepage down

Both the firewater homepage (firewater-soff.com) and their downloads are offline for me. Same with rumrunner.us.
Does anyone know of any mirrors to the Firewater files? Or know about them coming back up?

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
Both the firewater homepage (firewater-soff.com) and their downloads are offline for me. Same with rumrunner.us.
Does anyone know of any mirrors to the Firewater files? Or know about them coming back up?

Both websites seem to have a problem, i guess they are being DDos'ed or something, but it took me about 2 minutes and then i was able to download the binary for firewater. rumrunner is still also very slow in loading...

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
Last login: Tue Feb 4 13:39:02 on ttys000
franknerffsimac:~ frankneudorff$ adb reboot
franknerffsimac:~ frankneudorff$ adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp

franknerffsimac:~ frankneudorff$

From my limited knowledge i am not able to understand if this error is caused from a phone or from the MAC.

I found this thread on stackoverflow that may help - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12729784/mv-cannot-stat-error-no-such-file-or-directory-error

I would suggest you to try in a different computer to see if there is any difference.

Iz3man

Jun 16, 2009
I have the Bell mobility version of the One, I was able to HTCDEV unlock it, and install CWM and CM11... I try to run RumRunner I get this device is not Rooted. I tried Firewater, in the shell when I type SU I get the $ and not the root #, when I run it i get SU or FU Error.

This device is rooted, I have a few apps that require root, I have the updated SU installed... I have no idea what is going on, I'm really not sure why I even want S-Off... I was going to put the GPE RUU on it, but i'm happy with the CM11 installed on it.... Any ideas or any reason why I should pursue the S-off?

Firewater.JPG

Last edited:

Iz3man

Jun 16, 2009
I have the Bell mobility version of the One, I was able to HTCDEV unlock it, and install CWM and CM11... I try to run RumRunner I get this device is not Rooted. I tried Firewater, in the shell when I type SU I get the $ and not the root #, when I run it i get SU or FU Error.

This device is rooted, I have a few apps that require root, I have the updated SU installed... I have no idea what is going on, I'm really not sure why I even want S-Off... I was going to put the GPE RUU on it, but i'm happy with the CM11 installed on it.... Any ideas or any reason why I should pursue the S-off?

View attachment 2566713

Got it, in Superuser, I had it st to allow root for apps only, changed it to apps and ADB

Iz3man

Jun 16, 2009
I wonder how many people that couldnt s-off with rumrunner were affected by not doing this?!?!

I hope it helps others cause it was damned annoying!! I have been trying for 2 days now to get this, RumRunner and Firewater, bother kept telling me to get the F out lol

Going to post in the One section.

Last edited:

Byteme285

Feb 8, 2014
This is the way to go I had all kind of problems trying to get rumrunner to work on a Verizon Max, used this one once and and S-off with no problems, hitches, or glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod edit: Firewater has been shut down server-side and is no longer supported. Try Sunshine.

It claims to S-off any HTC device that is rooted/unlocked.

*Works with Hboot 2.47

Home
    welcome to firewater
    what firewater can do for you:

• S-OFF Your HTC device
    • Unlock your bootloader

Prerequisites

1. Working adb on your PC. Yes, that means OS X, linux, Windows, etc. are all supported.
    2. HTC drivers installed and working
    3. HTC sync removed (not closed – REMOVED)
    4. All other phone software removed or disabled (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc.)
    5. A working internet connection ON YOUR DEVICE - wifi, 3g, 4g, etc. are all supported. There is no way around this requirement, don’t ask.
    6. USB debugging enabled on your device
    7. Your device must be HTCDEV unlocked/rooted or have a working temproot. A temproot that works with many modern (not all) HTC devices is provided below.
    8. Do not attempt to run firewater from a terminal emulator on your device. You MUST use adb along with a PC.
    9. A supported device. firewater *should* work with most modern QUALCOMM BASED HTC devices, including (but not limited to) the htc one, droid dna, one s, one max, and many others.

Instructions (normal, rooted device method)

Once you confirm you meet the above pre-requisites, it’s time to get started.

1. Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled.
      USB 2.0 ports are preferred.
      You should not be connected using any hubs which may cause connectivity issues
    2. Ensure that lock screen security is disabled on your device.
      no passcode lock
      no pattern lock
      no face lock
    3. Download firewater HERE - _http://firewater-soff.com/firewaterdownload-3
    4. Push, Prepare, and Execute firewater:

adb reboot <–important!!!!
      adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
      adb shell
      su
      chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
      /data/local/tmp/firewater

5. Agree to the terms and conditions you are prompted with
    6. Allow the exploit to do its work.
    7. Profit

Instructions (temp-root method)

This method may allow firewater to work on a fully stock/htcdev locked device. This method is being provided as a convenience. Do NOT seek support if this temproot does not work for you.

1. Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled.
      USB 2.0 ports are preferred.
      You should not be connected using any hubs which may cause connectivity issues
    2. Ensure that lock screen security is disabled on your device.
      no passcode lock
      no pattern lock
      no face lock
    3. Download firewater HERE - _http://firewater-soff.com/firewaterdownload-3
    4. Download temproot HERE - _http://firewater-soff.com/temprootdownload
    5. Push, Prepare, and Execute temproot and firewater:

adb reboot <–important!!!!
      adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
      adb push temproot /data/local/tmp
      adb shell
      chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/temproot
      chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
      /data/local/tmp/temproot
      /data/local/tmp/firewater

6. Agree to the terms and conditions you are prompted with
    7. Allow the exploit to do its work.
    8. Profit

_http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/

ps: i am not a member of firewater team

Support

Support for firewater s-off is available at #firewater on the freenode and andirc networks. Please make sure you meet all of the requirements before contacting support.

For those in HBOOT 2.49, please revert to stock 1.19.xxx ROM and try this - more instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2765383
    thanks a lot i do have adb & fastboot already. here's what im getting in terminal window when i'm entering adb commands:
    Last login: Sat Mar 8 19:36:02 on ttys000
    Joshuas-MacBook-Pro:~ joshuamatthews$ cd /users/joshuamatthews/downloads/android-1
    Joshuas-MacBook-Pro:android-1 joshuamatthews$ ./adb devices
    List of devices attached
    FA3B8SC03587 device

Joshuas-MacBook-Pro:android-1 joshuamatthews$ ./adb reboot
    Joshuas-MacBook-Pro:android-1 joshuamatthews$ ./adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
    Joshuas-MacBook-Pro:android-1 joshuamatthews$​

Is it because the file on my phone is named 'firewaterdownload-3.bin'? I've tried a combination of different names in terminal with no success. Or could it be because those files aren't in that file path maybe?

Once again, thank you lol.

Download Teamviewer and install it

then PM me your hangouts ill help you s-off real fast
    s-off onlok

If someone needs help getting off on 2.49.0000 email me I will help
    Rooted, SPRINT htc ONE MAX.

i get the following error after doing the said things.

" there really isn't a helluva lot to do here. bye bye"

Please find Attachment

That message means you are s-off already......

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    worked a treat, many thanks, cheers again