low volume blues

Search This thread

uchuuu

Aug 31, 2014
Hey, sorry to have to start a new thread but i've done a lot of searching and still got the problem so I was hoping someone here might be able to help me...

Basically I am trying to get my xperia sp to actually function as half-decent music player but the top volume is pathetic (eu volume laws?) and it's pretty worthless as an mp3 player. Tried buying new headphones, expensive tips, all that but it still doesn't cut it. Tried various music players, Poweramp etc. and pumping up the equalizer and pre-amp settings but you don't really get much increase and quality really takes a hit.
So I rooted it (with towel root) with the intention of getting that fauxsound stuff but i've got bootloader unlock allowed: no and as far as i can tell you cant run fauxsound unless you have a compatible kernel and you can't change your kernel with a locked bootloader.
So i guess i'll settle with getting that volume boost mod but for that you need a custom recovery so i tried to install CWM using the installer thats linked on the FAQ page but when i try that it just says "daemon started successfully" and then nothing happens. I disabled all antivirus, things like that, ran as administrator, all that nonsense but no joy.

Short of getting an external sound card for twenty quid and sellotaping it to my phone like an idiot, does anyone out there have a solution that's worked for them?

uchuuu

Aug 31, 2014
Yeah, I tried a lot of those market apps for boosting volume, none of them seem to work for me. I think since the 4.3 update they're obsolete. Thanks anyway though