[NOW PUBLIC] Team Codefire Presents: Project FreeGee for Bell, Rogers and Telus

Search This thread

RodneyBR

Jun 27, 2010
Ontario, Canada
BRICK

I just tried this on my E791 (Rogers) and now my phone is stuck at the LG Logo and won't start up. PLEASE HELP

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

I just tried this on my E791 (Rogers) and now my phone is stuck at the LG Logo and won't start up. PLEASE HELP

Used the LGMobile Support Tool to recover the phone :)

BG64

Feb 25, 2011
Just letting you know, Team Codefire, that after using this tool, I also got stuck on the LG logo. After going into Download Mode, though, and using LG Mobile Support Tool's Upgrade Recovery, everything was restored exactly how I had it before- including root, text messages, app data, everything.

Can't wait for a bug fix! I can send you anything you'd like if it helps you find the problem sooner.

Using Rogers' Optimus G (E971), Android 4.1.2.

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Used the LGMobile Support Tool to recover the phone :)

Just letting you know, Team Codefire, that after using this tool, I also got stuck on the LG logo. After going into Download Mode, though, and using LG Mobile Support Tool's Upgrade Recovery, everything was restored exactly how I had it before- including root, text messages, app data, everything.

Can't wait for a bug fix! I can send you anything you'd like if it helps you find the problem sooner.

Using Rogers' Optimus G (E971), Android 4.1.2.

Guys, download Freegee from market after rooting. The OP's files are for ICS. For JB, you need the newer version which is later in the thread. But go on google play and download the latest. It'll work.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Guys, download Freegee from market after rooting. The OP's files are for ICS. For JB, you need the newer version which is later in the thread. But go on google play and download the latest. It'll work.

how try this

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39698892&postcount=165

Reactions: RodneyBR and BG64

BG64

Feb 25, 2011

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

how try this

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39698892&postcount=165

Oh good lord. -.- HOW DID I MISS THIS?

Sorry for my n00bness, guys. :silly: And thank you for your help.

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec

:) get to the link I provided, it's in this thread and it's an APK compatible with Jelly bean.
It will work.

heads up, install cmw if you're installing a 4.3 rom. It's more compatible.

Or go to Chadouming's thread and grab the twrp there, it works well too, I've flashed 4.3 and 4.4 with it.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

:) get to the link I provided, it's in this thread and it's an APK compatible with Jelly bean.
It will work.

heads up, install cmw if you're installing a 4.3 rom. It's more compatible.

Or go to Chadouming's thread and grab the twrp there, it works well too, I've flashed 4.3 and 4.4 with it.

Cheers.

another heads up. at&t roms will work on our phones. so you can also try those.

BG64

Feb 25, 2011
@mathsz- I tried your link, but it wouldn't work. But thanks for the 4.4 tips with TWRP and the AT&T ROMS! I was okay with the stock ROM from LG until 4.4 came out. Now I can't wait any longer! XD @RodneyBR- That's my plan! I downloaded the app from the Play Store. :3

One quick question that I haven't been able to find through Googling, though- What is the 'Attempt Misc Fix' button for inside of the FreeGee Utilities section? If I have to use it, I'd like to know before I actually use FreeGee to unlock the bootloader and end up bricking my phone. I'd rather not go through some lengthy unbricking process. -.-
Even if I don't have to use it myself, what exactly does it do? I'm assuming something with the MISC folder inside the Android system files, but I'd like to know. :p

Man, unlocking the MAGURO bootloader was so much easier.. XD

KazeMurasaki

May 17, 2011
I actually used the FreeGee app from the Play Store something like 3-4 days ago, and everything went well. I also decided that it's time to move forward after I saw that 4.4 is out. All I did was click "Unlock My Device" and then confirm that I realize the risks a few times. There's a whole thread with a step-by-step guide if that's gonna help you feel more comfortable (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450220). But I can tell you from now, that after FreeGee-ing the device doesn't reboot on it's own as the thread says so I'm not sure how up-to-date it is...

Btw, so far I've been running stock 4.1.2 from Telus, if that makes any difference. Best of luck ;)

@mathsz- I tried your link, but it wouldn't work. But thanks for the 4.4 tips with TWRP and the AT&T ROMS! I was okay with the stock ROM from LG until 4.4 came out. Now I can't wait any longer! XD @RodneyBR- That's my plan! I downloaded the app from the Play Store. :3

One quick question that I haven't been able to find through Googling, though- What is the 'Attempt Misc Fix' button for inside of the FreeGee Utilities section? If I have to use it, I'd like to know before I actually use FreeGee to unlock the bootloader and end up bricking my phone. I'd rather not go through some lengthy unbricking process. -.-
Even if I don't have to use it myself, what exactly does it do? I'm assuming something with the MISC folder inside the Android system files, but I'd like to know. :p

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec

Freegee's awesome.
Be sure to root your phone first. Else freegee will not work. Market version or apk.
Once you freegee, make sure to make a copy of the EFS folder that will be on your sdcard.

4.4 is okay for now. Omni rom works well, tried it already. But support for kitkat still has to come for all apps. I'm holding off for now. Few bugs here and there too... I prefer fully working roms. :) Still on aosp 4.3 for me.
And I don't like where google is headed. I mean, no google experience except on nexus 5??? What's up with that.

"attempt misc fix". Never used it :

My assumption :
At some point, your gps might go bad, or wifi stop working or any misc problem that you'll encounter while you were on a fully working rom.
I.E --> flash a rom (#1), everything works well
flash another(#2), gps stops workings
flash back (#1) to get gps back, gps doesn't work. EFS partitions are borked. you have attempt misc fix, might work. or not. [/Assumption]

Be sure to grab the kdz for your phone. If you're on telus, grab the telus KDZ. This will save your phone. If you can find the .TOT file, grab it too. They're 1gb size or so. They will restore your phone to 90% original stock. You can't get any better.

MAGURO was a walk in the park. Grouper too. any nexus device is easy. Toolkit!
Freegee is the closest you'll find to a toolkit for the lg optimus g.

cheers

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

I actually used the FreeGee app from the Play Store something like 3-4 days ago, and everything went well. I also decided that it's time to move forward after I saw that 4.4 is out. All I did was click "Unlock My Device" and then confirm that I realize the risks a few times. There's a whole thread with a step-by-step guide if that's gonna help you feel more comfortable (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450220). But I can tell you from now, that after FreeGee-ing the device doesn't reboot on it's own as the thread says so I'm not sure how up-to-date it is...

Btw, so far I've been running stock 4.1.2 from Telus, if that makes any difference. Best of luck ;)

hhrrmm... I don't quite remember, but I don't think mine rebooted on it's own either. It's been a while so ... unsure ...

Rooting : the root script I've used (universal one) reboots your device after writing the supersu bin file to your phone. But freegee.... Don't think it reboots.

Nevertheless, whether you have the latest version or not is not that relevant. If you can boot in fastboot and install a custom recovery, you're unlocked. And from there, you can flash whatever rom you want.

The OG's a great phone. For stability, look for any 4.3 ROMS, they're all pretty mature by now. CM official is great too! (att forum). You will get different results in terms of battery, depending on kernels and your leds might not lit up the way stock lg does either. But most roms include a way to define leds in the Lights and display settings so you should be good to go.

Reactions: KazeMurasaki

Top Liked Posts