[KERNEL]☆Jame Bond☆NS+NS4G w/BLN,ext4 & full voodoo (cm7-1.5.9,stk-1.5.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ogdobber

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2008
Hey now,i resemble that remark!

Actually wait, no I don't. ;D

That said, more options is not a bad thing.

the other kernel threads do have "stable" kernels... this was built just to provide an "stock" alternative. I thank netarchy and morphic for the tremendous job they have done:)

co0kie

May 18, 2009
this may sound silly but i'm wondering if it would be alright to flash the kernel after i've been using a nightly build for around a week or should it be flashed immediately after flashing the nightly?

thanks for the contribution!

graphreak

Mar 24, 2006
On my Android powered mobile ;)
this may sound silly but i'm wondering if it would be alright to flash the kernel after i've been using a nightly build for around a week or should it be flashed immediately after flashing the nightly?

thanks for the contribution!

Shouldn't matter as long as the phone was started at least once after flashing original (nightly in this case) ROM.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

Reactions: co0kie

Bronk93

Oct 31, 2009
Central, FL
I just flashed cyan rom for the first time, been running stock with netarchys kernel which was stable for me. Which kernel offers the best performance and battery life?

Sent from my Nexus S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [KERNEL]☆Jame Bond☆NS+NS4G w/BLN,ext4 & full voodoo (cm7-1.5.9,stk-1.5.9)

thread closed by me. see this post

·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨☆Jame Bond☆·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨

straight from The Land of Smiles

These kernels all run at 1ghz do not use setcpu or profiles!
    additions include- voodoo sound, voodoo color and has ext4 optimizations (thanks supercurio)
    benchmarks in quadrant will be 600+ over the 'stock' kernel owing to the ext4 mount mod
    enjoy
    :D

Thanks to Neldar and Morfic we now have BLN (back light notification) for the Nexus S:cool:
    -now thanks to Akent, bln is working on the 9023
    -thanks to Netarchy as well for some clarification

-all kernels are "Sabai" Uv for incredible battery life

read about voodoo sound optimization HERE
    read about ext4 speed improvement HERE
    get the Voodoo control app HERE
    better yet support the voodoo project with the donate app HERE
    get the BLN control app HERE
    for added functionality support neldar with the PRO app HERE
    >source

instructions flash rom-reboot-then flash kernel
    *note- if you haven't flashed any other kernels then just flash from recovery as long as you have rebooted at least once
    *setcpu is not recommended for this kernel, underclocking/profiles will decrease battery life
    **(stock rom)..if you are not coming from a stock kernel then go to system/etc/init.d and delete
    ([ S_10mountfix ] and [ S_99complete ] for morfic) and ([99nexusunit] and [placeholder] for netarchy) then go to system/ and delete the modules folder. then flash og kernel

note- all kernels have ext4 mount mod, voodoo sound, and bln

☢downloads☢
    ⇒note-2.3.4 roms only

cm7/any kernel

the ☆Jame Bond☆ sabai dee®

stock (rom) kernel

the ☆Jame Bond☆ sabai dee®

-amazing speeds!

snap20110225_212140.png
    I just updated my voodoo control app today and i no longer have the v0 v1 adjustments available. the notes for voodoo app control mentioned a rebuilt kernel is needed. any suggestions?

OP updated!
    kernel updated for cm7 to coincide with version 0.9.1 of control app. v0 sliders are now v1
    kernel version is 1.3.4
    Is this only apply to Morfic and Netarchy?

I'm testing several kernels back and forth.. I'm currently on Matrix.. I see these files:
    00banner, 01sysctl, 03firstboot, 04modules, 05mountsd, 06mountdl, 20userinit.

If I were to switch to sabai kernel, what files would I remove?

don't touch these files they are not kernel related, they come from cyanogenmod.

matr1x kernel does nothing on /etc/init.d so you can flash sabai dee right over it and do nothing
    thanks ogdobber. its not my flavor, but im sure lots will be using this kernel :)
    sad day

the bad news..:(
    This kernel will no longer be supported by me, I don't have the time for it, but most importantly, I no longer have a nexus s... I prefer to test the kernels before I release them to ensure they are bug free.
    the good news..:D
    reddv1 will be compiling kernels (Lucid) almost identical to the jame bond...but better? he has already added some nice additional features.
    The jame bond kernel were always about battery life, and not sacrificing performance...Lucid will now be carrying that torch
    please go here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1173797

new features reddv1 has added
    -Touchkey backlight dimmer
    -voodoo 10
    -post/pre 2.3.3 colors
    -updated to 2.3.5
    -more to come I'm sure;)

Thanks to everyone for your support. I will see you all in the "prime" forum:cool: