***XPERIA Z, ZL and C670X 2013 FLAGSHIPS*** News and Rumors***

Search This thread

vivftp

Dec 11, 2011
Nothing like it. Odin and yuga have same design/look just slightly different sizes. Look for the yuga leaked pictures.

Both have dragontail glass front and back.

Not sure on that yet. Odin definitely will hit US shores, hoping yuga does too. Yuga is the only water resistant one.

Well it makes me feel happier about the situation if Odin looks like a smaller, sleeker version of Yuga. The IR remote is a feature I've been dreaming about on a phone and I'm VERY excited they're incorportating it.

I have contacts ;). Should be March/April timeframe at least that's what's planned so far.

There goes my fantasy that Sony would intro it at CES or MWC, and have it immediately available for sale, just to surprise us all :(

Spectre51

Well it makes me feel happier about the situation if Odin looks like a smaller, sleeker version of Yuga. The IR remote is a feature I've been dreaming about on a phone and I'm VERY excited they're incorportating it.

There goes my fantasy that Sony would intro it at CES or MWC, and have it immediately available for sale, just to surprise us all :(

Well you never know they could change the timeframe. I'm just going by what I know so far. I am excited to about the IR remote. LOVED that feature of the Tablet S. These phones are going to be freaking amazing.

Mefa2

Jan 27, 2011
Can we expect some special camera features, like recording in 720p at 60 or 90 fps? It' d be great to see it in those phones.

Norair

Jun 4, 2012
Innsbruck
Is there a chance that Odin will be waterproof?
How's the Camerea? is it the Exmor RS ? Will it have another features? like IR or maybe Bravia Engine 3 :D

vivftp

Dec 11, 2011
Hmm considering that Yuga is supposed to be larger than Odin, what else could it have in it to justify the larger size? Larger battery could be it, but would they make the phone that much larger for just a slightly larger battery? Would making it water/dust resistant cause it to be larger?

According to randomuser over on esato, both Yuga and Odin are international phones. I wonder if that means they'll be competing in the same markets or not.

zymo

May 14, 2008
Hmm considering that Yuga is supposed to be larger than Odin, what else could it have in it to justify the larger size? Larger battery could be it, but would they make the phone that much larger for just a slightly larger battery? Would making it water/dust resistant cause it to be larger?

According to randomuser over on esato, both Yuga and Odin are international phones. I wonder if that means they'll be competing in the same markets or not.

Maybe Yuga will be a LTE device and due to this will have a slightly bigger battery than Odin. Yuga could be for LTE markets like US and Odin for the rest of the world.
What I find interesting is, that At&t has ditched the H1 Xperia flagship, but instead will go for the H2 one.

Spectre51

Can we expect some special camera features, like recording in 720p at 60 or 90 fps? It' d be great to see it in those phones.

HDR 1080p video recording

Is there a chance that Odin will be waterproof?
How's the Camerea? is it the Exmor RS ? Will it have another features? like IR or maybe Bravia Engine 3 :D

Odin is not water resistant. Yes to ex or RS, yes to IR remote as I mentioned. I believe both will have the latest bravia engine. Wasn't really paying attention for that.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL

vivftp

Dec 11, 2011
Just tossing this out there randomly, but how hard do you guys think it'd be for Sony to create a device that dual boots Android and Vita OS? Considering how locked down the Vita is and how fearful Sony is of piracy, I'd imagine that said device would have to keep both OS's completely seperate, possibly not even sharing the same internal storage.

But anyways, complex hardware issues aside, would such a thing really be possible? Would such a thing sell in your opinion?

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
Just tossing this out there randomly, but how hard do you guys think it'd be for Sony to create a device that dual boots Android and Vita OS? Considering how locked down the Vita is and how fearful Sony is of piracy, I'd imagine that said device would have to keep both OS's completely seperate, possibly not even sharing the same internal storage.

But anyways, complex hardware issues aside, would such a thing really be possible? Would such a thing sell in your opinion?

Nah, not going to happen unless they create some sort of hybrid OS that also runs Android apps and another Xperia Play-style hardware device (which also seems extremely unlikely to me).

vivftp

Dec 11, 2011
I'm curious if anyone knows whether Sony will use a similar design to Odin and Yuga on smaller size phones in 2013 with the dragontrail glass and all. I have friends who would probably love something smaller in the same design. Plus I wonder if the 6 incher will look the same.

Monipeev

Apr 22, 2010
Sofia
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

dachao

Oct 28, 2010
Odin and Yuga renders

iVxVzphhzrOgt.jpg

i4XsUfEVMnRy2.jpg

How close is this to the real deal?

vivftp

Dec 11, 2011
Anyone happen to know if we'll be seeing the return of floating touch from the Sola in either Odin or Yuga?

lokenok

Feb 7, 2012
Hong Kong
www.youtube.com
bezel looks to big 0.0

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

i hope yuga has it because its waterproof also floating touch would work with water??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    finally managed to upload the default wallpaper from my mobile! :silly:
    Dunno if it's been posted here, but CloveTechnology has put out a ton of Xperia Z videos

Xperia Z size comparison
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_fqTtFNuFQ

Xperia Z software tour
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_JgGp8BJ8s

Xperia Z vs. Galaxy S 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1rtQ4_h5KI

Xperia Z vs. Nexus 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HFhnjswsxg

Xperia Z connectivity demo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wziwEPi8ArI

Xperia Z hardware tour
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMkDxMNH3E

Xperia Z languages
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnL2QZrcfSU

Xperia Z MHL/HDTV demo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHa56Dm2j_8

Xperia Z 1080p HD video sample
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFochydD3o

Xperia Z water test
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apLURr_PIZQ

Enjoy!
    Re: ***XPERIA Z and XPERIA ZL 2013 FLAGSHIPS*** News and Rumors***

Unfortunately I cannot discuss unreleased products and previously posted content must be removed.
    Let the rumor mill begin!! :laugh:

According to Xperia Blog Sony C650X ‘Odin’ model number uncovered [2013 flagship] and C660X YUGA are appearing in benchmarks

Sony Mobile is revamping its model numbers from 2013 onwards. Gone is the ST/MT/LT code structure to denote small, medium and large touchscreen handsets. Instead what we now have is a new five character model number that will be the new standard going forward.

The User-Agent Profile (UAProf) for Sony Mobile’s 2013 flagship, codenamed ‘Odin’, has been discovered (see an extract below). From the brief information, we can tell that there are three new Sony Mobile model numbers: C6502, C6503 and C6506. We understand that these are all one handset – the different last character in each model number denotes the region/carrier to be released. The UAProf shows that this 2013 flagship is running Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with 10.1.A.0.XXX firmware. Excited? Let the 2013 Xperia rumours begin.

UAProf for Sony C650X ‘Odin’

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; C6502 Build/10.1.A.0.211) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; ja-jp; C6503 Build/10.1.A.0.168) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; sv-se; C6506 Build/10.1.A.0.201) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

EDIT 21-10-2012

Sony C650X Odin Phone Pictured – Concept or Leak?

EDIT 27-10-2012

Purported teaser images of Sony Yuga leak

EDIT 7-11-2012

Sony C6603 ‘Yuga’ pictures leak

EDITED 2-3-2013

New Sony C670X details leak: 4.8-inch FHD display, 1.8GHz Snapdragon 600 [Update]

We have received word of a new Sony Xperia C670X handset that is due to launch this summer. The information comes from a tipster who recently provided us with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean screenshot for the Xperia Z. Obviously, as with any rumour, treat all of the following with a pinch of salt.

In terms of specifications, the Sony C670X is expected to come with a slightly smaller display than the Xperia Z (C660X) at 4.8-inches but will still have a full HD resolution of 1080 x 1920. The C670X will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (APQ8064T) chipset with 1.8GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 320 graphics. Other features include 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage and a 13MP Exmor RS camera. We are told the phone is due to launch in the middle of 2013 with Android 4.2.

Along with all of this spec information, we were sent a render of the Sony C670X. We cannot tell from the picture if the C670X has a heavy glass influence like the Xperia Z or uses aluminium. Judging from the render, the ear speaker is similar in style to the Z/ZL. It looks like the top of the phone includes a front-facing camera , notification light, light sensor and proximity sensor.

Given that the expected release is still a number of months away, the design may end up changing prior to launch. This is perhaps why there are no app icons in the display area, the render only shows the latest Xperia wallpaper. Anyway, that’s all we have for now. As mentioned before, treat all of this firmly as a rumour.

Update: The image sent over is the same as used in the set up guide for the Xperia Z, despite it clearly not being a picture of the Xperia Z. So either this Sony render is a generic placeholder image used when setting up a new 2013 Sony Xperia handset or it is indeed an image of an upcoming handset that Sony has inadvertently used in the Xperia Z. [Thanks Kihoon!]

Sony-Xperia-C670X-640x603.jpg
    Re: ***XPERIA Z and XPERIA ZL 2013 FLAGSHIPS*** News and Rumors***

Was all a bit rushed sorry, only had 10min.
    Found some Sony Alpha pics in the gallery, they looked stunning on the screen. Easily one of the best I've seen.
    The feeling is almost strange, there's no give or flex at all. Like it's a solid lump. There isn't another phone I can think of that feels so.... Solid! It feels carved from block rather than put together.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2