[THEME] MattedBlues - RELEASED FOR CM7 THEME ENGINE *4/26/11*

Search This thread

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
After a great deal of time using other peoples' work, I have to decided to create something of my own. It has been inspired by many people and many themes over the past few months. My goal was to create something matte and simplistic yet sleek and, oh yeah, my favorite color is baby blue.

I present to you: MattedBlues! There are multiple versions for a variety of scenarios.

CM version pictured below:

vge.png

FAQ:

What is the color code for this theme? It's 73B6D6
What's the weather widget in the CM screenshot? That would be Beautiful Widgets using the MattedBlues Super Clock skin.
Where can I get the dock from the CM screenshot? It's attached to the OP.
What devices are officially supported for use with MattedBlues? There are only two: the EVO 4G and the Nexus S.
How often is MattedBlues updated? As soon as possible but please realize that we have jobs, families and friends as well.
What's the ETA on <insert_something_here>? When it's done.
Will MattedBlues be coming to <insert_ROM_name_here>? It really depends on the demand.

MAIN DOWNLOADS:

MattedBlues (for CM7 Theme Engine) is now LIVE on the Market (LOL!)

MattedBlues MetaMorph (for lockscreen etc): Download HERE! (NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP - APPLY VIA METAMORPH APP) (Thank you MrDSL!)

OTHER DOWNLOADS:

Wallpaper Pack (Collection of MattedBlues Walls): Download HERE! Mirror HERE

Font Pack - Zegoe Light (now flashable!): Download HERE

LauncherPro Docks/Icons Pack (HQ ICONS!): Download HERE (09/16/10)
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP - SIMPLY DOWNLOAD TO SD CARD, EXTRACT, THEN USE THE DOCKS/ICONS WITH LAUNCHERPRO :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHANGELOG:

Code:
***All entries to this changelog before 1/1/2011 have been redacted to clean up the OP***

[B]4/11[/B] 4/11 Version 2.9 brings compatibility for CM 7.0.0, removes Facebook and Twitter (for now), fixes text color for Google Voice widgets
[B]4/9[/B] Added themed tabs and outlines, updated to nightly 37
[B]4/7[/B] Sense version 2.0 released!
[B]3/28[/B] Version 2.8.1 includes themed global tabs (i.e., in dialer), themed vertical/horizontal scrollbar to blue, updated Gmail and an update to CM7 RC3
[B]3/25[/B] Version 2.8 includes an updated framework for CM7 nightly 30, updated power notification widget PNGs and themed Facebook is back! Also, a new version for SalvageMod 1.1 has been released as well.
[B]3/8[/B] Version 2.6 brings compatibility with CM7 nightly build 14 and fixes the "missing Split messages option" problem with MMS.apk. Also, Camera is updated as well. 
[B]3/7[/B] Version 2.5 for CM7 nightly 13 is released! Updated framework, systemui, browser, phone, calendar, calendarprovider and settings apks. Also, brought back the old battery! WOO!
[B]3/5[/B] Version 2.4 brings a tweaked battery, new boot animation and compatibility with CM7 nightly full 11. Working on nightly 12 as well.
[B]3/2[/B] Version 2.3 brings new status bar data icons, a new boot animation (the Honeycomb animation, once I find who created it credit will be issued properly) and an updated framework for compatibility with CM7 nightly build 8.
[B]2/24[/B] Version 2.2 released for CM7 Nightly "Full-6" build. Changes include:
- Updated framework
- Updated APKs
- Updated Market
- EDIT: Clockwork compatibility broke support for RA so the update-script has been brought back and RA Recovery is now the right recovery to use to flash the theme again, will work on getting it right for the next release, signed : BeatBlaster
[B]2/21[/B] Version 2.1.1 removes Spirnt VVM (it isn't working with CM7) and replaces the Market apk to address some users with a disappearing Market problem.
[B]2/17[/B] Updated MattedBlues v2 to 2.1 for compatibility with CM7 RC1
[B]2/11[/B] Fixed the headset in MattedBlues v2 for CM7
[B]2/10[/B] Updated MattedBlues to version 2.0 for CM7 nightly 32! Mods and credits include:
- Battery graphics are a combination of Smooth Mods XMLs by faster3200, PNGs from Myn and Crsdr37, shading by Jabbawalkee and BeatBlaster
- Transparent dialer, BIG THANKS goes to sonnysekhon! 
- Updated framework to CM7 nightly build #32
- Updated all APKs
- Removed Facebook and Twitter (for now, they will be back)
[B]1/12:[/B] Engraved Edition for MikFroyo is released. Identical to Standard Edition (except for the Engraved icons, of course)
[B]1/12:[/B] Standard and Engraved for Sense now include Vanilla Locks mod (v1.6). Big thanks to JSChiSurf for the Vanilla Locks mod. This release uses JSChiSurf's framework as well. 
[B]1/11:[/B] Released Standard port for MikFroyo 4.3. Version number was changed to 1.5.1 because I replaced some PNGs to make things look even better. Also, removed MikFroyo's animations and added the animations from MattedBlues Special.  
[B]1/5:[/B] Released "Special" Edition of MattedBlues Standard and Engraved Editions for CM 6.1.1. New additions include:
- Smooth Mods
- Custom animation transitions (courtesy of a post by wowisthisrandom in the DInc threads)
- Slightly modified Gmail.apk (Undo banner is now blue)
- Removed link to the AppPack. It's old and needs to be updated.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREDITS:

***Absolute biggest THANKS to BeatBlaster_ for maintaining this theme and helping out with it (big time). Throw my dude some bones, he deserves it!
Biggest thanks goes to Manup456 - He made the Android Matte wall for this theme (in the attachments below), major props, and has taught me a lot over the past year and a half
-Huge thanks to JAguirre1231 - he has helped me find a ton of files and has even build some of the apks for me when apktool wasn't working on my end :)
-Thanks to shift_ for supporting not only his SNAP addiction but also his Matte addiction and for providing tons of feedback on the theme
-Even more thanks go out to JSChiSurf for his awesome mentoring and mods that are used in the Sense versions of this theme (both the Notification Power Widgets and the Vanilla Locks for Sense)
-More thanks go out to Myn for which the newer versions of MattedBlues for Sense have a Rosie that is near-identical to his own
-Additional thanks to my twitter buddies, including, but not limited to, Wicked_Beav, Geniusdog, teamsilence23. Anyone else I forgot, thanks!!!!

Attachments

• MattedBlueBlueText.jpg
    MattedBlueBlueText.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 22,940
  • MattedBlues.jpg
    MattedBlues.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 22,361
  • MATTEandroid.jpg
    MATTEandroid.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 22,142
  • MattedBluesMinimalBest.jpg
    MattedBluesMinimalBest.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 19,746
  • argyle-mb.jpg
    argyle-mb.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 16,664
  • ADWMBDockBest.png
    ADWMBDockBest.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 9,274
Last edited:

laydros

Jun 5, 2010
Wow, this is nice. I haven't really seen screen shots since you posted some of the early notification bar stuff on twitter. This has fleshed out really well.

I'm mostly a CM6 user, but I love the sense work. It kinda keeps the look of sense, but tones it down a notch.

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
Wow, this is nice. I haven't really seen screen shots since you posted some of the early notification bar stuff on twitter. This has fleshed out really well.

I'm mostly a CM6 user, but I love the sense work. It kinda keeps the look of sense, but tones it down a notch.

Yeah it definitely progressed from my early screens of the notification bar, that's for sure.

I have converted to CM6 as well seeing as my theme looks much better on CM6 imo. I love the themed Sense widgets but I can't have the best of both worlds (well, maybe I kind of can with LauncherPro, but it's not the same).

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
any chance you can incorporate the smooth icon set into this with the battery percentage in the battery icon for the sense version?

Edit: All that is missing is a translucent/transparent signature lock screen/bar for Sense and the battery percentage incorporating the smooth sense icon set and i am all in. I like the other stuff out there, but matte + blue = win in my book

Last edited:

jayv1717

Apr 10, 2010
Miami
Very nice just flashed to cm6, any chance you can customize the lock/unlock screen?

Sent from my Htc Evo 4g

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
any chance you can incorporate the smooth icon set into this with the battery percentage in the battery icon for the sense version?

Edit: All that is missing is a translucent/transparent signature lock screen/bar for Sense and the battery percentage incorporating the smooth sense icon set and i am all in. I like the other stuff out there, but matte + blue = win in my book

+1 , looks great and I'll be checking it out and donating... Evo barely has anyone to theme so I'm glad to see this!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After a great deal of time using other peoples' work, I have to decided to create something of my own. It has been inspired by many people and many themes over the past few months. My goal was to create something matte and simplistic yet sleek and, oh yeah, my favorite color is baby blue.

I present to you: MattedBlues! There are multiple versions for a variety of scenarios.

CM version pictured below:

vge.png

FAQ:

What is the color code for this theme? It's 73B6D6
    What's the weather widget in the CM screenshot? That would be Beautiful Widgets using the MattedBlues Super Clock skin.
    Where can I get the dock from the CM screenshot? It's attached to the OP.
    What devices are officially supported for use with MattedBlues? There are only two: the EVO 4G and the Nexus S.
    How often is MattedBlues updated? As soon as possible but please realize that we have jobs, families and friends as well.
    What's the ETA on <insert_something_here>? When it's done.
    Will MattedBlues be coming to <insert_ROM_name_here>? It really depends on the demand.

MAIN DOWNLOADS:

MattedBlues (for CM7 Theme Engine) is now LIVE on the Market (LOL!)

MattedBlues MetaMorph (for lockscreen etc): Download HERE! (NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP - APPLY VIA METAMORPH APP) (Thank you MrDSL!)

OTHER DOWNLOADS:

Wallpaper Pack (Collection of MattedBlues Walls): Download HERE! Mirror HERE

Font Pack - Zegoe Light (now flashable!): Download HERE

LauncherPro Docks/Icons Pack (HQ ICONS!): Download HERE (09/16/10)
    NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP - SIMPLY DOWNLOAD TO SD CARD, EXTRACT, THEN USE THE DOCKS/ICONS WITH LAUNCHERPRO :)

CHANGELOG:

Code:
    ***All entries to this changelog before 1/1/2011 have been redacted to clean up the OP***

[B]4/11[/B] 4/11 Version 2.9 brings compatibility for CM 7.0.0, removes Facebook and Twitter (for now), fixes text color for Google Voice widgets
    [B]4/9[/B] Added themed tabs and outlines, updated to nightly 37
    [B]4/7[/B] Sense version 2.0 released!
    [B]3/28[/B] Version 2.8.1 includes themed global tabs (i.e., in dialer), themed vertical/horizontal scrollbar to blue, updated Gmail and an update to CM7 RC3
    [B]3/25[/B] Version 2.8 includes an updated framework for CM7 nightly 30, updated power notification widget PNGs and themed Facebook is back! Also, a new version for SalvageMod 1.1 has been released as well.
    [B]3/8[/B] Version 2.6 brings compatibility with CM7 nightly build 14 and fixes the "missing Split messages option" problem with MMS.apk. Also, Camera is updated as well. 
    [B]3/7[/B] Version 2.5 for CM7 nightly 13 is released! Updated framework, systemui, browser, phone, calendar, calendarprovider and settings apks. Also, brought back the old battery! WOO!
    [B]3/5[/B] Version 2.4 brings a tweaked battery, new boot animation and compatibility with CM7 nightly full 11. Working on nightly 12 as well.
    [B]3/2[/B] Version 2.3 brings new status bar data icons, a new boot animation (the Honeycomb animation, once I find who created it credit will be issued properly) and an updated framework for compatibility with CM7 nightly build 8.
    [B]2/24[/B] Version 2.2 released for CM7 Nightly "Full-6" build. Changes include:
    - Updated framework
    - Updated APKs
    - Updated Market
    - EDIT: Clockwork compatibility broke support for RA so the update-script has been brought back and RA Recovery is now the right recovery to use to flash the theme again, will work on getting it right for the next release, signed : BeatBlaster
    [B]2/21[/B] Version 2.1.1 removes Spirnt VVM (it isn't working with CM7) and replaces the Market apk to address some users with a disappearing Market problem.
    [B]2/17[/B] Updated MattedBlues v2 to 2.1 for compatibility with CM7 RC1
    [B]2/11[/B] Fixed the headset in MattedBlues v2 for CM7
    [B]2/10[/B] Updated MattedBlues to version 2.0 for CM7 nightly 32! Mods and credits include:
    - Battery graphics are a combination of Smooth Mods XMLs by faster3200, PNGs from Myn and Crsdr37, shading by Jabbawalkee and BeatBlaster
    - Transparent dialer, BIG THANKS goes to sonnysekhon! 
    - Updated framework to CM7 nightly build #32
    - Updated all APKs
    - Removed Facebook and Twitter (for now, they will be back)
    [B]1/12:[/B] Engraved Edition for MikFroyo is released. Identical to Standard Edition (except for the Engraved icons, of course)
    [B]1/12:[/B] Standard and Engraved for Sense now include Vanilla Locks mod (v1.6). Big thanks to JSChiSurf for the Vanilla Locks mod. This release uses JSChiSurf's framework as well. 
    [B]1/11:[/B] Released Standard port for MikFroyo 4.3. Version number was changed to 1.5.1 because I replaced some PNGs to make things look even better. Also, removed MikFroyo's animations and added the animations from MattedBlues Special.  
    [B]1/5:[/B] Released "Special" Edition of MattedBlues Standard and Engraved Editions for CM 6.1.1. New additions include:
    - Smooth Mods
    - Custom animation transitions (courtesy of a post by wowisthisrandom in the DInc threads)
    - Slightly modified Gmail.apk (Undo banner is now blue)
    - Removed link to the AppPack. It's old and needs to be updated.

CREDITS:

***Absolute biggest THANKS to BeatBlaster_ for maintaining this theme and helping out with it (big time). Throw my dude some bones, he deserves it!
    Biggest thanks goes to Manup456 - He made the Android Matte wall for this theme (in the attachments below), major props, and has taught me a lot over the past year and a half
    -Huge thanks to JAguirre1231 - he has helped me find a ton of files and has even build some of the apks for me when apktool wasn't working on my end :)
    -Thanks to shift_ for supporting not only his SNAP addiction but also his Matte addiction and for providing tons of feedback on the theme
    -Even more thanks go out to JSChiSurf for his awesome mentoring and mods that are used in the Sense versions of this theme (both the Notification Power Widgets and the Vanilla Locks for Sense)
    -More thanks go out to Myn for which the newer versions of MattedBlues for Sense have a Rosie that is near-identical to his own
    -Additional thanks to my twitter buddies, including, but not limited to, Wicked_Beav, Geniusdog, teamsilence23. Anyone else I forgot, thanks!!!!
    Awesome! Of course I figured out that I needed to wait for the right MB for CM7 nightly version (#8) that I was running. And I did so after I flashed CM7#11! DUH. So since it looks like you won't be working on MB's for #11 I'll nuke and re-flash #8 until the Sense version is done.

Quick question how well does MB play if you run one of the scripts that removes sense (I like to run with ADW)? And would you consider making a theme for ADW?

EDIT: darn it just noticed that #11 is giving me significantly better battery life! DUH!
    I didn't expect the framework to change for #11 and since it did I will be releasing a version that works with 11 soon. Hang tight.
    For those of you using the apk here is a metamorph you can use for the lock screen..I would personally suggest using Zipthemer to apply it though.
    the theme is great. that is why i keep coming back to it. it just causes more bad things than good unfortunately.

you designed this?
    Jabbawalkee created the theme. I maintain it for him. He's moved on to the Nexus S. I'm moving on to the Atrix. I'm seriously considering creating a document detailing how the theme is built and giving it to Jabba so that he can make a decision on whether to hand it out. I know people out there love this theme - I do too - but I'm pretty sick and tired of being spit on, flamed, talked down to..... the "scene" has finally gotten the best of me and, frankly, I have better stuff to do.

Everyone at XDA claims to know how things go but the truth of the matter is that plenty of people DON'T understand what's really going on. Sometimes this theme might not work on your phone for a variety of reasons. Don't like it? MOVE THE F ON. To come into a thread that you don't even contribute to and suggest that it be closed???

Please man. Give me a f'n break. I wouldn't release this stuff if it didn't work tip top on my device. If it doesn't work on yours that's just tough potatoes mister.

Now that you've pissed me off I'll continue my plan to extend my vacation from XDA because all you've done is spit on me by suggesting that the thread be closed. How dare you.
    FLASHABLE Services.jar mods for MattedBlues v1.4

Great work guys! I'm thrilled with the power widgets in the notification pulldown; however, are these controlled by the services.jar file? If so, anyway we can get the mods to services.jar that removes icons such as debugging, gps, alarm, and the time clock in the statusbar?
    Here you go. The only thing I couldn't get to was making versions that remove the USB debugging icon. I'll get around to that later. For now, I'm thinking these will make you happy:

FLASHABLE Services.jar mods for MattedBlues v1.4 (3.30):

- No GPS icon - (Mirror)
    - No GPS, no alarm icons - (Mirror)
    - No GPS, no alarm, no clock icons - (Mirror)
    - No GPS, no alarm, no battery icons - (Mirror)
    - No GPS, no alarm, no battery, no clock icons - (Mirror)
    - No clock - (Mirror)

and, of course, in case you want to go back to "stock" after flashing any of these:

- MattedBlues "stock" services.jar file - (Mirror)

As stated previously, just flash these via your recovery app.

I'll add a link to this post in the OP. I'm hittin' the hay. Have a nice night everyone!