[Need Help] Accidentally format system 1

Search This thread

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
You can flash the system image alone from fxz folder using moto fast boot tools..just search up xda;)..
Is this possible, didn't know about it.

Actually my Atrix 2 doesn't get recognized on my windows PC and in case if something bad happens with me then I will be left stranded at nowhere. So this in-phone capability is handy for me.

Then another problem is that the new download links are confusing, I am not able to figure out which FXZ ROM to download, mine is Indian Atrix 2 (MB865).

BMM was killed :p FXZ was the only solution :) now on ICS :p
LOL.. Now enjoy the good old days for a while. :D
IMO best stock ROM for the Atrix 2 was GB with MotoBlur. Everything was interlinked and connected to each other and phone was smarter. Few of the features in that interface were ahead of it's time and many new phone advertise few of those features these days as USP. The stock music player was intelligent, though we can get similar app at play store also. Mine phone came with motoblur and I equally loved and hated that for its features.

Last edited:
Reactions: devilhunter47

devilhunter47

Jun 22, 2012
Kottayam

Actually my Atrix 2 doesn't get recognized on my windows PC and in case if something bad happens with me then I will be left stranded at nowhere. So this in-phone capability is handy for me.

Then another problem is that the new download links are confusing, I am not able to figure out which FXZ ROM to download, mine is Indian Atrix 2 (MB865).

For windows you have to install Motorola Device manager and rsdlite.. flashing using fastboot and terminal is easier once you have adb and fast boot tools set up..that's what i do in Linux..can be done in windows too..

Reactions: Jack Sparrow xda

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
For windows you have to install Motorola Device manager and rsdlite.. flashing using fastboot and terminal is easier once you have adb and fast boot tools set up..that's what i do in Linux..can be done in windows too..
Actually the phone isn't getting detected in RSDlite, thats the problem. Otherwise phone connects with PC for normal file transfer tasks. Camera and MTP drivers are also installed automatically.

But if you have done that in linux then that is also good news for me. Please post the procedure, I also have Linux Mint on my laptop which I would love to use.

devilhunter47

Jun 22, 2012
Kottayam
Actually the phone isn't getting detected in RSDlite, thats the problem. Otherwise phone connects with PC for normal file transfer tasks. Camera and MTP drivers are also installed automatically.

But if you have done that in linux then that is also good news for me. Please post the procedure, I also have Linux Mint on my laptop which I would love to use.

See my thread in Q n A section;)

Mindvisi0n

Jul 6, 2014
IMO best stock ROM for the Atrix 2 was GB with MotoBlur. Everything was interlinked and connected to each other and phone was smarter. Few of the features in that interface were ahead of it's time and many new phone advertise few of those features these days as USP. The stock music player was intelligent, though we can get similar app at play store also. Mine phone came with motoblur and I equally loved and hated that for its features.

Not for long time will install BMM again :)

johngeorge82

Jul 25, 2012
Auckland

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
I have the Indian A2 too.....download this one
Branding: Retail Asia
Version: 6.7.2_EDEM-18-SEARET FULL

from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1934874
Thanks for reply but the download links in that thread direct us to elsewhere and the names of download files are different than what are mentioned in that thread. Thats why the confusion.

The redirected location is here : http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=17

Can you please point out which one is correct for India retail MB865 ?

johngeorge82

Jul 25, 2012
Auckland
Thanks for reply but the download links in that thread direct us to elsewhere and the names of download files are different than what are mentioned in that thread. Thats why the confusion.

The redirected location is here : http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=17

download this one

Android 4.0.4
Blur_Version.672.1.18.MB865.AsiaRetail.en.03
(Retail Taiwan)

Last edited:

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
download this one

Android 4.0.4
(Retail Taiwan)
Thanks a lot for pointing out.

To be safe from any further confusion, I am putting the full description written at the site :

Blur_Version.672.1.18.MB865.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03 Retail Taiwan 320.9 MiB 43D340E9F4087754BB54B9F2718E843E

I hope this one is correct. Please confirm the MD5 written above in bold and underlined.
BTW My phone is "Made in China". Does that have anything to with?

johngeorge82

Jul 25, 2012
Auckland

To be safe from any further confusion, I am putting the full description written at the site :

Blur_Version.672.1.18.MB865.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03 Retail Taiwan 320.9 MiB 43D340E9F4087754BB54B9F2718E843E

I hope this one is correct. Please confirm the MD5 written above in bold and underlined.

not that one.....

this one
Android 4.0.4
Blur_Version.672.1.18.MB865.AsiaRetail.en.03 Retail Taiwan 320.8 MiB EAEE7B95377EE5C5E00C7F3E713C2F54

I doubt it has to do anything with it being made in China....I'm guessing that its named as Asia retail since India comes under Asia.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can flash the system image alone from fxz folder using moto fast boot tools..just search up xda;)..

BMM was killed :p FXZ was the only solution :) now on ICS :p

download this one

Android 4.0.4
    (Retail Taiwan)

not that one.....

this one
    Android 4.0.4
    Blur_Version.672.1.18.MB865.AsiaRetail.en.03 Retail Taiwan 320.8 MiB EAEE7B95377EE5C5E00C7F3E713C2F54

I doubt it has to do anything with it being made in China....I'm guessing that its named as Asia retail since India comes under Asia.