HOW-TO: HTC T328W/Wind Dual-Sim from China - Complete guide to install Google Apps

Search This thread

SeBsZ

Apr 17, 2011
HOW-TO: HTC T328W from China (Bootloader unlock, rooting, installing Google apps and removing bloatware.

02/July/2012
This guide has been tested on two HTC T328W dual-sim phones bought from China. It has also been tested with the following Build numbers and baseband versions and both worked perfectly.

Dear mods: I know this is not the correct thread for this phone. Please create a new subforum for this great phone and move all T328W threads into it. They are all over the place (from One V to Desire, etc.). Thanks.

!!I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE!!

Phone 1:
Kernel: 3.0.16
Baseband: 1.04.34D.11_20.11.30.11U
Build number: 1.35.1402.1
Browser: 534.30

Phone 2:
Baseband: 1.06.34D
Build number: 1.56.1402.6

The zip file containing all needed files can be found at mediafire . c o m / ?783kthx72x3uf5d .
I could not attach the zip file (I get a page not found) and am not allowed to post outside links yet.

Bootloader unlocking
1. Let’s change the language to English first so we understand the phone better. Open the apps menu and go to the Settings icon (the cogwheel icon). Scroll down to the setting with the “A” icon. Click the first item in the list and choose English.
2. Go to htcdev . c o m, create an account and click the Unlock bootloader icon. After logging in, choose “All Other Supported Models” from the list and click the Begin Unlock Boatloader button. Accept that you may lose any guarantee and continue to follow the instructions.
3. To enter bootloader mode, make sure the phone is off (or remove the battery for a few seconds). Then hold Volume Down and start pressing the Power button – without any USB cable. Use the up and down buttons to select “Fastboot” and select it using the Power button. Now connect your USB cable and continue following the HTC instructions.
4. All the files you need are in the zip you can get above. I also installed the HTC Sync program which installs the drivers. Using the command prompt you can simply navigate to the extracted files and run the fastboot command. (Use the command “cd C:/myextractedzip” to change to a directory).
5. Save the Unlock_Code.bin attachment which you get from HTC by Email into the same extracted zip folder and run the next command. You now have an unlocked bootloader and the phone will start up and an HTC wizard will appear where you can choose the English language again.

Flashing clockworkmod
1. Remove any USB cables and boot again into the bootloader mode. Click Fastboot and reconnect your USB cable. Now run the following command on your computer: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img . This flashes the clockworkmod recovery image onto the phone.
2. Switch off your phone. Make sure your USB cable is removed.
3. Now copy the “app” folder from the zip onto a micro-sd card. Also copy the “CWM-SuperSU-v0.92.zip” and “rootexplorer_2.16.apk” onto the micro-sd card.
4. Insert the micro-sd card into the phone and boot into boatloader mode again.
5. Now choose the recovery option instead of fastboot and wait for clockworkmod recovery to appear.

Rooting the phone
1. In clockworkmod recovery, choose install zip from sdcard
2. Choose “choose zip from sdcard” and choose “CWM-SuperSU…zip”
3. Scroll down to “Yes – Install CWM-SuperSu” and wait. Now go back and reboot the phone normally.

Installing Google Apps
1. Using the included file manager on the phone, click on “rootexplorer.apk” and install it. When launching root explorer, make sure you grant it superuser permissions.
2. Go click the “sdcard” folder and press and hold the “app” folder that you copied from the zip file. Click “copy” and then navigate to /system . Press “Mount R/W”. And then click “Paste”. Choose Yes to overwrite. Exit root explorer.
3. Now we need to fix the permissions. The easiest way is if you enable USB Debugging mode from the “Developer Options” settings. Make sure you connect your USB cable.
4. Open a command prompt to our extracted zip folder and type “adb shell”. Press enter and you should see “shell@android:/ $”. Run “su”. Run “cd /system/app”.
5. Now to fix all permissions, run “chmod 644 *.apk” and then run “chown root.root *.apk” .
6. Now run “reboot” to reboot your phone.

Removing bloatware apps
1. Thanks to dark_hawk from xda-developers, we have a list of system apps/bloatware that are save to remove. You can easily do this from the root explorer app. Go to /system/app and hold each item you want to delete. Then click delete. You can also remove each app’s odex file.

The list:

• 116114.apk
  • 2254_HTCCU_WO3G_SIE.apk
  • DoubanFM.apk
  • DreyeCHSPkg40.apk
  • HTCCN_FileManager.apk
  • HTC_Widget_Renren.apk
  • HTC_Widget_Sina_Weibo.apk
  • HTC_Widget_Sina_Weibo_Nearby.apk
  • HTC_Widget_Sina_Weibo_Trend.apk
  • HtcMusicEnhancer_China_Sina.apk
  • HtcMusic_China_Sina.apk
  • PhoneMail.apk
  • QQ2011.apk
  • Renren_FSplugin.apk
  • Renren_GLRplugin.apk
  • SinaMusic.apk
  • Sina_Weibo_FSPlugin.apk
  • Sina_Weibo_GLRplugin.apk
  • SohuNews.apk
  • VDisk.apk
  • Weibo.apk
  • eMoney.apk
  • mapbar.apk
  • renren.apk
  • unicomclient_HTCT328W.apk
  • vegetable.apk
  • wefound.apk
2. Then run “reboot” to reboot your phone.
3. After the reboot you might still find some Chinese language apps. These can be removed with an app from the Play Store such as Root Uninstaller.

by SeBsZ.

If you have any problems, please post below and I will answer and/or update this post.

hk300

Aug 18, 2006
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
followed your guide and managed to install the google apps, including Play Market.
Big thanks!

By the way, did you try to install a newer version of android/ ROM?

jp1980

Jul 2, 2012
Hi

Thanks for the instructions. I have installed the update successfully.
Although installing the market initially failed. Before that the phone booted.
After applying the google aps bit the phone didn't startup again it hang at the 'HTC quitly brilliant' screen.

Although after first reinstalling the RUU and after that doing this procedure again it worked. I'm new to Android I can follow instructions although I'm clouless of what I'am actually doing.

I have a few problems though:

After installing however I have a problem that google play now sais that I can't install runkeeper because my phone isn't compatible.
I was able to install this program before on this phone. Anyone a clue on that?

Also I have a problem that if I wan't to apply a system update of android from the about screen it will error with "assert failed: getprop("ro:cid") == "00000000"
Anyone a sollution for that specific for this phone?

Also I have a problem with this phone that my 3G internet is working strangly. I hoped to solve this with installing a newer version.
Some applications are always working like play store, facebook, friendcaster. Youtube app works ok when browsing videos, although can't play.
Whatsapp only seems to work a few minutes after the 3G connection is set up. And internet browsing doesn't work at all. I tried opera and firefox.
With WIFI all is good and then it is a wonderfull phone.
I get good download speeds when I install a program from google play.
Although I would love to have a stable whatsapp and browsing capabilities while i'm away from wifi. Anyone familliar with this problem?

I was hoping to adress the internet issue by updating ICS, although like stated this also fails.

Many thanks ina advance for your help!

Last edited:

poncur

Mar 11, 2008
Hi

following your instruction I just updated 3 pcs of HTC Build number: 1.56.1402.6. All done, all OK. One think that voice search is not working on phone dialpad, I have to remove it and install voice search from the market - now in apps like maps, phone search working fine. Till now I didn't find any else problem

Thanks very much. BR Kris

marylong68

Mar 25, 2008
HOW-TO: HTC T328W from China (Bootloader unlock, rooting, installing Google apps and removing bloatware.

02/July/2012
This guide has been tested on two HTC T328W dual-sim phones bought from China. It has also been tested with the following Build numbers and baseband versions and both worked perfectly.

Dear mods: I know this is not the correct thread for this phone. Please create a new subforum for this great phone and move all T328W threads into it. They are all over the place (from One V to Desire, etc.). Thanks.

Phone 1:

Phone 2:

The zip file containing all needed files can be found at mediafire . c o m / ?783kthx72x3uf5d .
I could not attach the zip file (I get a page not found) and am not allowed to post outside links yet.

Bootloader unlocking
1. Let’s change the language to English first so we understand the phone better. Open the apps menu and go to the Settings icon (the cogwheel icon). Scroll down to the setting with the “A” icon. Click the first item in the list and choose English.
2. Go to htcdev . c o m, create an account and click the Unlock bootloader icon. After logging in, choose “All Other Supported Models” from the list and click the Begin Unlock Boatloader button. Accept that you may lose any guarantee and continue to follow the instructions.
3. To enter bootloader mode, make sure the phone is off (or remove the battery for a few seconds). Then hold Volume Down and start pressing the Power button – without any USB cable. Use the up and down buttons to select “Fastboot” and select it using the Power button. Now connect your USB cable and continue following the HTC instructions.
4. All the files you need are in the zip you can get above. I also installed the HTC Sync program which installs the drivers. Using the command prompt you can simply navigate to the extracted files and run the fastboot command. (Use the command “cd C:/myextractedzip” to change to a directory).
5. Save the Unlock_Code.bin attachment which you get from HTC by Email into the same extracted zip folder and run the next command. You now have an unlocked bootloader and the phone will start up and an HTC wizard will appear where you can choose the English language again.

Flashing clockworkmod
1. Remove any USB cables and boot again into the bootloader mode. Click Fastboot and reconnect your USB cable. Now run the following command on your computer: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img . This flashes the clockworkmod recovery image onto the phone.
3. Now copy the “app” folder from the zip onto a micro-sd card. Also copy the “CWM-SuperSU-v0.92.zip” and “rootexplorer_2.16.apk” onto the micro-sd card.
5. Now choose the recovery option instead of fastboot and wait for clockworkmod recovery to appear.

Rooting the phone
3. Scroll down to “Yes – Install CWM-SuperSu” and wait. Now go back and reboot the phone normally.

Installing Google Apps
1. Using the included file manager on the phone, click on “rootexplorer.apk” and install it. When launching root explorer, make sure you grant it superuser permissions.
2. Go click the “sdcard” folder and press and hold the “app” folder that you copied from the zip file. Click “copy” and then navigate to /system . Press “Mount R/W”. And then click “Paste”. Choose Yes to overwrite. Exit root explorer.
3. Now we need to fix the permissions. The easiest way is if you enable USB Debugging mode from the “Developer Options” settings. Make sure you connect your USB cable.
4. Open a command prompt to our extracted zip folder and type “adb shell”. Press enter and you should see “shell@android:/ $”. Run “su”. Run “cd /system/app”.
5. Now to fix all permissions, run “chmod 644 *.apk” and then run “chown root.root *.apk” .

Removing bloatware apps
1. Thanks to dark_hawk from xda-developers, we have a list of system apps/bloatware that are save to remove. You can easily do this from the root explorer app. Go to /system/app and hold each item you want to delete. Then click delete. You can also remove each app’s odex file.

The list:

• 116114.apk
  • DoubanFM.apk
  • DreyeCHSPkg40.apk
  • HTCCN_FileManager.apk
  • HTC_Widget_Renren.apk
  • PhoneMail.apk
  • QQ2011.apk
  • Renren_FSplugin.apk
  • Renren_GLRplugin.apk
  • SinaMusic.apk
  • SohuNews.apk
  • VDisk.apk
  • Weibo.apk
  • eMoney.apk
  • mapbar.apk
  • renren.apk
  • vegetable.apk
  • wefound.apk
3. After the reboot you might still find some Chinese language apps. These can be removed with an app from the Play Store such as Root Uninstaller.

by SeBsZ.

If you have any problems, please post below and I will answer and/or update this post.

Hello guy,

I received this morning this phone from Etotalk.
I bought also from them their preinstalled services including multilangiage OS and unlocking and rooting services (I know how to root but 'cause price was so low....).

However I received the phone...but...:

1. Only English & China language installed

2. Wlan & btooth doesn't work

When I switch on the WLAN appears error message. And remains 'Turning WLAN on'. Also Btooth doesn't switch on

So I am asking myself if this is related to the root process or somewhat else or is an hardware problem ??

I want to flash again a new rom but I don't know where to retrive an ICS rom with italian language....

I opened also a dispute in Paypal.......

Is it possible that all is related to a software problem and not an hardware problem ?

Please let me know, if you can....

Regards

marylong68

Petteri

Nov 30, 2009
München
chinamobiles.org
Hello guy,

I received this morning this phone from Etotalk.
I bought also from them their preinstalled services including multilangiage OS and unlocking and rooting services (I know how to root but 'cause price was so low....).

However I received the phone...but...:

1. Only English & China language installed

2. Wlan & btooth doesn't work

When I switch on the WLAN appears error message. And remains 'Turning WLAN on'. Also Btooth doesn't switch on

So I am asking myself if this is related to the root process or somewhat else or is an hardware problem ??

I want to flash again a new rom but I don't know where to retrive an ICS rom with italian language....

I opened also a dispute in Paypal.......

Is it possible that all is related to a software problem and not an hardware problem ?

Please let me know, if you can....

Regards

marylong68

Mine is from etotalk too and it works fine!
Try to make first reset the phone! Should be working then! I think, it`s only software problem! if it`s rootet, install the recovery from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1751788

and make a NAND Backup! Then you can try to flash the newest European ROM!

But in first step, try to reset the complete phone in SETTINGS-Storage scroll down to end here!

sohil

Oct 12, 2006
My Desire V is from India and worked fine now i have rooted phone thanks
BB version# 1.05.34D.29_20.21.30.23U
Build # 1.60.720.5 CL69250 release-key
Browser version # Webkit/534.30

ais11

Jan 20, 2007
@ Petteri

Any hints on how to make NAND backup? Actually I want to make a backup image of existing setup before playing with it, so as if something goes wrong, I can come back to present state. My phone is also from etotalk. So any help on making recovery backup would be appreciated.

Civic_Racer

Jul 16, 2012
help

i need help.. can someone upload the simtoolkit? or send to my email? thank you so much for the help!!

amin1009

Jul 20, 2012
please help

02/July/2012

Phone 1:

Phone 2:

Bootloader unlocking

Flashing clockworkmod

Rooting the phone

Installing Google Apps

Removing bloatware apps

The list:

• 116114.apk
  • DoubanFM.apk
  • DreyeCHSPkg40.apk
  • HTCCN_FileManager.apk
  • HTC_Widget_Renren.apk
  • PhoneMail.apk
  • QQ2011.apk
  • Renren_FSplugin.apk
  • Renren_GLRplugin.apk
  • SinaMusic.apk
  • SohuNews.apk
  • VDisk.apk
  • Weibo.apk
  • eMoney.apk
  • mapbar.apk
  • renren.apk
  • vegetable.apk
  • wefound.apk

by SeBsZ.

hi.. just bought this phone month ago.. im from malaysia.. just followed this step by step.. but i had several error..

1. my play store have an error.. didnt work.. cant open..
2. 3g connection unstable.. very slow to open internet browser..

please help me if u have the solution.. tq

black5029

Jul 14, 2012
hi.. just bought this phone month ago.. im from malaysia.. just followed this step by step.. but i had several error..

Hi there, I'm from Malaysia too.. just send PM so i can assist you

movanns

Dec 19, 2007
Kuala Lumpur

hey, i bought the phone from MY too..working flawlessly by following the steps provided.

My phone details:-
kernel: 3.0.16
baseband: 1.05.34d.29_20.21.30.23u
build: 1.60.707.5
browser ver: 534.30

kingsizebeast

Jul 30, 2012
I followed the steps and rooted my phone successfully (After you received the email from HTC, make sure you click the link and follow the steps on the web page.). Thank you so much!

But how to add a google account? I tried Settings -> 'Accounts & sync' -> Add. I can see 'Exchange activeSync', 'HTC account', 'Mail', 'Ms hotmail', 'SkyDrive'. However, there is no 'Google' option.

HELP!

Last edited:

sawduthathadee

Jul 30, 2012
I got trouble, after i root my phone.

02/July/2012

Phone 1:

Phone 2:

Bootloader unlocking

Flashing clockworkmod

Rooting the phone

Installing Google Apps

Removing bloatware apps

The list:

• 116114.apk
  • DoubanFM.apk
  • DreyeCHSPkg40.apk
  • HTCCN_FileManager.apk
  • HTC_Widget_Renren.apk
  • PhoneMail.apk
  • QQ2011.apk
  • Renren_FSplugin.apk
  • Renren_GLRplugin.apk
  • SinaMusic.apk
  • SohuNews.apk
  • VDisk.apk
  • Weibo.apk
  • eMoney.apk
  • mapbar.apk
  • renren.apk
  • vegetable.apk
  • wefound.apk

by SeBsZ.

I got trouble, after i root my phone. It is stick at the htc logo and os never loaded again, what shall i do now, pls help.

ramy911us

Mar 25, 2011
instructions applicable on the new upgrade:

Baseband: 1.05.34D.29_20.21.30.23U
Build number: 1.60.707.7

thanks a lot OP

poncur

Mar 11, 2008
Hi

because there is new update from HTC available, 1.71.1402.1 I have question, how can I install this patch? because now I can't install on the cracked one.

PS.

on the second device (updated to 1.71.1402.1 before this crack) instruction working aswell :)

asteroidboy

May 11, 2011
HTC Wind

So I purchased this phone from eBay, it came "unlocked" and I am able to use it in Canada easily. No problems with Google Apps, english, etc.
I don't know if this is a rooted unlock or a hardware carrier unlock.
So, with HTC now telling me there are system updates available, I don't know whether installing them will lock the phone up if it's been rooted. I've written the seller a few times and despite very many positive reviews, I have no answer to this question. So I'm posting here.

I have:

Android 4.0.3
HTC Sense v. 4
Software 1.60.707.5
HTC SDK API level 4.2
HTCEtension_403_1_GA_8

kernel
3.0 16-g320e2d4-dirty
root@ABM016 #1
PREEMPT

baseband
1.05.34D.29_20.21.30.23U
build number
1.60.707.5 CL69250 release-keys

browser version
WebKit/534.30

Any help here would be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

adrenalize_

Aug 15, 2012
So I purchased this phone from eBay, it came "unlocked" and I am able to use it in Canada easily. No problems with Google Apps, english, etc.
I don't know if this is a rooted unlock or a hardware carrier unlock.
So, with HTC now telling me there are system updates available, I don't know whether installing them will lock the phone up if it's been rooted. I've written the seller a few times and despite very many positive reviews, I have no answer to this question. So I'm posting here.

I have:

Android 4.0.3
HTC Sense v. 4
Software 1.60.707.5
HTC SDK API level 4.2
HTCEtension_403_1_GA_8

kernel
3.0 16-g320e2d4-dirty
root@ABM016 #1
PREEMPT

baseband
1.05.34D.29_20.21.30.23U
build number
1.60.707.5 CL69250 release-keys

browser version
WebKit/534.30

Any help here would be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

As your baseband matches the build number it would suggest that you have an original Asia version. You should be able to use the OTA update without problems. If when you run the update it says something about "HTC has detected that the software is not original" then you probably have a Chinese model that has Asia firmware on it.

tech_girl

Jul 29, 2007
Unable to stay login to HTCDev

I recently got a Desire V and wants to root it.

Not sure if any of you faces this problem..I have registered at HTCDev and followed the instruction to click on the email link to complete registration. However each time when I successfully log in, I am being thrown out and I need to re-login. Sometimes I am able to succesfully log in to the bootloader section and then am able to select the model and go through the legal notification. But after that Im always thrown out.

Is anyone facing this? I have registered for another id and its the same thing.

Need a HUGE favor...is it possible for someone who has registered successfully and unlocked their bootloader to lend me their userid?? Desperately trying to root this phone. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

02/July/2012

Phone 1:

Phone 2:

Bootloader unlocking

Flashing clockworkmod

Rooting the phone

Installing Google Apps

Removing bloatware apps

The list:

• 116114.apk
    • DoubanFM.apk
    • DreyeCHSPkg40.apk
    • HTCCN_FileManager.apk
    • HTC_Widget_Renren.apk
    • PhoneMail.apk
    • QQ2011.apk
    • Renren_FSplugin.apk
    • Renren_GLRplugin.apk
    • SinaMusic.apk
    • SohuNews.apk
    • VDisk.apk
    • Weibo.apk
    • eMoney.apk
    • mapbar.apk
    • renren.apk
    • vegetable.apk
    • wefound.apk

by SeBsZ.