[Q] Need help! Verify Freedompop!

Search This thread

Sincidius

Jul 2, 2008
ND
Hi guys! I am looking to go over to Freedompop, but I do not want to buy a S2 over EVO. They will let you bring a device, but to check if your device will work you need to type in an MEI #. If anyone has a SPRINT Moto X, could you check to see if your MEI # is accepted by FreedomPop? $110 for 2 years seems like a pretty good deal to me. I don't live on my cell phone and have WiFi at work and at home. Might be a good idea, but I would like to order a X and use their service. Thank you in advance!

deathsled

Aug 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
My experience with FreedomPop (I have 3 devices active with them right now) is that the Bring Your Own Device option only works with phone models they previously offered or are currently offering.

That means you can activate an EVO Design 4G, the original EVO 4G, and now the Galaxy S2 since they have just made that device available.

I've saw a list a few months back of 10 or so phones that were supposed to become available. One of them was the EVO 3D. I'm still unable to activate my Sprint EVO 3D with FreedomPop. I assume because they have not yet begun to offer that phone.

FreedomPop also uses WiMax as the primary connection (though their service does work over 3G if WiMax isn't available). I'm pretty sure the only phones that are going to be allowed to work with FreedomPop are old 4G WiMax devices.

limpet

May 18, 2010
Motorola Edge+ (2022)
...saw a list a few months back of 10 or so phones that were supposed to become available. One of them was the EVO 3D. I'm still unable to activate my Sprint EVO 3D with FreedomPop. I assume because they have not yet begun to offer that phone...

Since your post Freedompop has announced support for more BYOD phones, including the Evo 3d. Have you tried again?

https://forums.freedompop.com/discu...nes-can-i-activate-with-freedompop-on-byod/p1

I'm going to try my Evo 3d. Do you think MeanROM is likely to be a problem?