Help Encryption unsuccessful error

Search This thread

CVanB

Jun 3, 2013
Irwin
So to set the story i had came home and rooted jb via linux method. Then presumed to use bootstrap as a recovery. I installed it and it said success. Then i presumed to change the bootloader unknowing if it was locked. So i reboot and i am stuck at Encryption unsuccessful screen and the only option is to power off or reset. What do i do ive tried to reset but it doesnt work also i tried to do a hard reset via stock recovery this also didnt work im unsure where to go about this problem now. Please help Im panicing! From what ive researched i think its soft bricked. Also there appears to be a fix on House of Bionic but it isnt clear. Lastly, I believe the problem resides with bootstrap but im unsure its just a hunch. All options will be tried.

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora
So to set the story i had came home and rooted jb via linux method. Then presumed to use bootstrap as a recovery. I installed it and it said success. Then i presumed to change the bootloader unknowing if it was locked. So i reboot and i am stuck at Encryption unsuccessful screen and the only option is to power off or reset. What do i do ive tried to reset but it doesnt work also i tried to do a hard reset via stock recovery this also didnt work im unsure where to go about this problem now. Please help Im panicing! From what ive researched i think its soft bricked. Also there appears to be a fix on House of Bionic but it isnt clear. Lastly, I believe the problem resides with bootstrap but im unsure its just a hunch. All options will be tried.

I had something similar happen when I first rooted my Bionic and all I did was just reflashed my phone back to stock 4.1.2 and started fresh. Not sure about any other options as I needed to get my phone back in a hurry

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora
How would i go about doing that. Would i use the stock recovery?

Its been a while since I have had to do it but you should use RSD Lite and a 4.1.2 hsx file for the bionic. If you google the two you should comeup with the files you will need. Sorry I cant be of more help.

EDIT: So I still have the file you need to flash using RSD Lite (Not sure what version you will need). https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80936776/cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc.xml.zip This file is 468 MB.
Now you just need to download RSD Lite. It only works with Windows. Windows XP is probably your best bet.

Last edited:
Reactions: CVanB

CVanB

Jun 3, 2013
Irwin
Its been a while since I have had to do it but you should use RSD Lite and a 4.1.2 hsx file for the bionic. If you google the two you should comeup with the files you will need. Sorry I cant be of more help.

EDIT: So I still have the file you need to flash using RSD Lite (Not sure what version you will need). https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80936776/cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc.xml.zip This file is 468 MB.
Now you just need to download RSD Lite. It only works with Windows. Windows XP is probably your best bet.

Thanks im gonna try it out right now and ill let you know how it goes

CVanB

Jun 3, 2013
Irwin

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    39.2 KB · Views: 258

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora
UPDATE: I went into the xml file and deleted the oem step both clear and set now it is running without error :victory: just gotta wait for it to finish and ill keep updated to the end result

Did you use the file I sent a link for or did you download a different one? I could of sworn I modifed the xml and so that it wouldnt error out. Well, did you get it working completely then?

CVanB

Jun 3, 2013
Irwin
Did you use the file I sent a link for or did you download a different one? I could of sworn I modifed the xml and so that it wouldnt error out. Well, did you get it working completely then?

Yes I believe you did edit it out. However I used a different link. :eek: I did get it working and rooted with the help of a linux bootable disc. Also I install safestrap correctly. But ran into a problem. I got cocky and didnt read all the instructions on flashing a rom and accidently flashed it over top of the stock rom :( so when i boot it loops then goes to recovery. Next i did a factory reset and wipe retried but no luck. So i did the only thing i knew to do was to make a second rom slot and install the backup i made of the stock. Which works fine no complaints. But low on storage how would i go about wiping the stock rom with out doing a complete factory reset through rsd lite again. That way i could just flash my backup on top of stock cause it wont flash properly as is. Thanks in advance

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora
Yes I believe you did edit it out. However I used a different link. :eek: I did get it working and rooted with the help of a linux bootable disc. Also I install safestrap correctly. But ran into a problem. I got cocky and didnt read all the instructions on flashing a rom and accidently flashed it over top of the stock rom :( so when i boot it loops then goes to recovery. Next i did a factory reset and wipe retried but no luck. So i did the only thing i knew to do was to make a second rom slot and install the backup i made of the stock. Which works fine no complaints. But low on storage how would i go about wiping the stock rom with out doing a complete factory reset through rsd lite again. That way i could just flash my backup on top of stock cause it wont flash properly as is. Thanks in advance

Activate the stock slot, then go to advanced wipe and select cache, dalvik cache and system. Then after the wipe you should be able to restore your stock backup to the stock slot. Then reboot. If it works you can then safely delete the other slot you created.

Top Liked Posts