sensation xl ics miui rom

Search This thread

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
I got that far with it, it comes on and sdcard won't mount, no sound at all, No wifi, no bluetooth... the list goes on.... I did get data though so I was able to log into Google and therefore get to my contacts, but thats about it

I'm guessing that most of the problems with it will probably be kernel related as we don't have an AOSP kernel for the XL yet, and MIUI will be ported from something that is AOSP like CM7 or in ICS's case CM9. Now unless he's done an AOSP kernel I don't think its gonna get any further towards being usable...

dhruvzz

May 30, 2009
MUMBAI
I got that far with it, it comes on and sdcard won't mount, no sound at all, No wifi, no bluetooth... the list goes on.... I did get data though so I was able to log into Google and therefore get to my contacts, but thats about it

I'm guessing that most of the problems with it will probably be kernel related as we don't have an AOSP kernel for the XL yet, and MIUI will be ported from something that is AOSP like CM7 or in ICS's case CM9. Now unless he's done an AOSP kernel I don't think its gonna get any further towards being usable...

If its possible u shd anyways upload ur rom for us to get a taste of miui...anyways its on u...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA App

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Its really not worth flashing it... its totally unusable

This is what it looks like lol

Sent from my MZ601 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331241873254.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331241873254.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 326

Godric8

Jan 23, 2011
SO gooooood!!!! try it !!
post it in development section!! maybe some developer can get to work on this!

Last edited:

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Got the one from MIUIandroid booting and its from MIUI.ru and they have the sound working which is a step further than I got, Its nowhere near finished enough to post it in Dev section...

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
We can't get s-off on this phone yet...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've managed to get SDcard working on it now, just looking at wireless, bluetooth and camera ;)
    no worries sir,u hav done enough for our xl.keep on the good work..
    I am still trying to get it working, but I fear that I'm not going to make much more progress without another kernel. I've not given up yet ;)
    Well this is where I've got to at the minute... please remember that this has a few things that dont work and therefore it cant be used as a daily driver. What doesn't work... WiFi comes on and detects networks but won't connect, bluetooth doesn't work, camera doesn't work, mic doesn't work (you can hear other people in phone calls but they can't hear you) and in order to use usb to computer you have to turn USB debugging off (which makes it really hard to get a logcat without USB debugging)

If anyone else would like to contribute towards this please feel free. Having spoke to a couple of kernel experts, they said in theory we should be able to get this working with the kernel we have. So I'm going to keep looking at it. At the minute I'm looking and learning to have a go at building my own kernels, its going to be a long process though ;)

Anyway have fun and PLEASE PLEASE don't start posting about things that dont work....There may be other minor things that don't work, but at this minute in time I've not really looked past the big problems... Its not anything I'm going to update, unless I can get something else working...

And remember I'm only posting this so you can see what it looks like

You don't have to do anything special to install it, just all the usual wipes or use the BinDroid total wipe...

https://hotfile.com/dl/150960072/386887c/MIUI_SXL_ALPHA-v2.zip.html
    Sorry could be my mistake, it was late last night lol. I'm currently uploading the right version ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

edit: http://hotfile.com/dl/151065363/df88bb7/MIUI_SXL_ALPHA-v3.zip.html