Otterbox Commuter Series Case for Motorola Photon Q

Search This thread

matt2k12

Jul 13, 2012
Texas
This was the first and last otterbox I will buy. After a few light drops all 4 of the retaining clips for the top half broke off, rendering the thing useless. I guess they did their job. Too bad I can't just buy the top half readily available. Might make it worth it again. Not right now.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Contact their customer care. A few pics of the damage & they should send you a new one right out. Same thing happened to mine. No charge, no returning the old one.

Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app

+1, their customer service is fantastic. I've had issues with past cases - they didn't even need pics, they replaced it no questions asked.

JaceAlvejetti

Aug 26, 2007
Detroit, MI
+2 for Customer Care, Wife has the case as she often drops her phone, Went through the Pics and they sent out a OG Photon Case, emailed them stating the mix up, they said keep the OG photon case and there sending out the Photon Q case as well, Now I have to get me one!

Hinyo

Mar 15, 2013
+4 Yeah Otterbox is very good about standing by their product. My case did the same and I'm glad to have a sturdy replacement =)

bentear

Nov 22, 2010
ive used this case since ive had the phone , almost a year and havfe had to order 3 replacements so far about to call customer service and order another. why u ask well as with any sliding phone its top part for the glass has weak clips on the rear that after 1 drop or even a quick rem oval one of the clips often breaks hindering the damn thing useless to the point it will not stay attached overalll otterbox is a solid case , this design for the clips is not as it was not for the htc evo shift i encountered the same issue at least 8 times , where i had to call and ask for replacemnt . anyhow hope t5his helps

brandontowey

Mar 10, 2009
Same here with multiple replacements. It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to deal with ordering another one so I've been putting small amounts of Gorilla Glue on the edge of each slip to hold the face plate on. I don't really care about keeping the phone pristine, just don't want to crack the screen so this is my compromise. granted, you might have to force the keyboard the first time if the glue runs but it's been working the last month or so.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome! Let me know how it turns out, I might be able to forgive how ugly that thing is if there's a decent kickstand and some grip on the back.

Well I got it and not much to say except it has a kickstand :) It wasn't as ugly as the pic but its slicker than owl snot :(
    Not sure what Body Glove was thinking. I could get the grip tape out and mod it a little...maybe make it kind of Ironman-ish LOL
    But I might return it and stick to the OtterBox one, I have it as well and it's a good one.

So my 2 cents is; if you haven't bought one yet get the Otterbox for sure. Or you could wait, I am sure more styles are on the way.
    At work we offer the otterbox for staff who get the iphone. Those of us with android have usually been left to fend for ourselves for accessories. The phone stays in my pocket when not in use and I'm not clumsy so I don't really think I need a case for it.

In regards to screen protectors, there were unconfirmed reports that the photon q has gorilla glass, has anyone found any validity to that?

My evo shift did have gorilla glass and it never scratched up on me.

IIRC it does have some sort of "nano coating" that makes it very hard to scratch. But my experience has been that no matter how hard it is to scratch I eventually will, so I always get a nice screen protector. I normally stick with Phantom Skinz, they've always done an excellent job of protecting my screen.