Allshare Cast dongle s/w update

Search This thread

Ecip

Dec 14, 2010
Has anyone successfully disabled this thing? I really don't need it and don't want to download it as it's 30mb, and want it removed from my apps in the play store.
Would be nice for there to be a 'hide update' feature.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
I have until I decide to use it. However, you need root to disable, freeze, uninstall the app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Ecip

Dec 14, 2010
Yes, do you happen to know what the app refers itself as? I've froze all allcast files but this thing still shows up.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

bluhatch

Jan 24, 2013
Has anyone successfully disabled this thing? I really don't need it and don't want to download it as it's 30mb, and want it removed from my apps in the play store.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

it is in the /system/app dir. file names are FWUpgrade.apk and FWUpgrade.odex just remove those and it won't show up in market anymore

Lupercus

Dec 11, 2010
it is in the /system/app dir. file names are FWUpgrade.apk and FWUpgrade.odex just remove those and it won't show up in market anymore

Thanx ! Found those files, but using ASTRO file manager I seem not to be able to delete those files ...
My Galaxy SIII is unrooted, could that perhaps be the problem?

abhinavseth92

Feb 8, 2013
If u eant it to be disabled I can probably help u with that.
Just go to settings---->applications manager-----> select the app u want to disable...
Remeber first clear cache, then clear data, force stop, disable, or uninstall
Whichever the option is listed

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

Lupercus

Dec 11, 2010
If u eant it to be disabled I can probably help u with that.
Just go to settings---->applications manager-----> select the app u want to disable...
Remeber first clear cache, then clear data, force stop, disable, or uninstall
Whichever the option is listed

Thanks for that, but this particular thing does not let itself become disabled, the option is greyed-out. Here and on other sites I read that indeed the only way to have it NOT trun up in Google Play constantly is to remove the FWUpgrade.apk.
But I am afraid I cannot do that without root-access, unless someone has a work-around?

Ecip

Dec 14, 2010
Yea ull need root. It's easy to root, just flash an already rooted stock Rom with Odin.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 & Tapatalk

Reactions: Lupercus

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
Thanks for that, but this particular thing does not let itself become disabled, the option is greyed-out. Here and on other sites I read that indeed the only way to have it NOT trun up in Google Play constantly is to remove the FWUpgrade.apk.
But I am afraid I cannot do that without root-access, unless someone has a work-around?

No root (unrooted) = no way to disable. There is no other way around it. This is true of several third party apps on stock ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Lupercus

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
I'm having the Allshare Cast dongle issue. I want to get rid of it, but can't. Is there now a solution?
My phone (Mega 6.3) IS rooted, running MegaFireMj2V7X, and yet I'm still unable to do anything with "FWUpgrade.apk" in /system/app dir.
Any help would be gratefully received, thanks.

whitedavidp

Jul 31, 2012
thanks for this. worked on my note3 w/4.4.2. root stock TW. you do need root and must mount /system RW to delete. joy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Yea ull need root. It's easy to root, just flash an already rooted stock Rom with Odin.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 & Tapatalk

No root (unrooted) = no way to disable. There is no other way around it. This is true of several third party apps on stock ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app