[ROM][4.2.2] SuperNexus AOSP

Search This thread

themow

Aug 24, 2011
Philly
Turns out I needed to update my sprint profile. This was unavailable from within the rom. I Odined stock and still had no 3g. Did a profile update and came right back. Gonna flash again now. Is there no way to update profile and prl from within the rom?

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Turns out I needed to update my sprint profile. This was unavailable from within the rom. I Odined stock and still had no 3g. Did a profile update and came right back. Gonna flash again now. Is there no way to update profile and prl from within the rom?

No way possible . Some guy might give you instructions on a temporary ROM that let's you do it. Hopes it turns out OK.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City
Yeah that may be the issue if you were able to flash back to another ROM without mine bricking your phone.

No brick. I flashed back and then flashed again. Works great so far. Even GPS is fine. 1 question. Where is the WIDI option? The Wifi direct that is built into 4.2 ROMS. The nexus 4 has it right here:

Miracast:
http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/miracast-nexus-4.jpg

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
Man y'all keep up the great work!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366930530782.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366930530782.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 128

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City
I have to say, so far....from every ROM I've tried on the Epic. This seems to be the best. And it's 4.2.2! I think this may be the resting spot for the Epic 4g. Unless someone is crazy enough to put 5.0 on it. Although, I have to say that the internal memory is fairly limited at this point.

I tried wiping the davlik and system cache because Bluetooth wouldn't turn on. Rebooted and it still won't turn on. Am I still missing something?

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
I have to say, so far....from every ROM I've tried on the Epic. This seems to be the best. And it's 4.2.2! I think this may be the resting spot for the Epic 4g. Unless someone is crazy enough to put 5.0 on it. Although, I have to say that the internal memory is fairly limited at this point.

I tried wiping the davlik and system cache because Bluetooth wouldn't turn on. Rebooted and it still won't turn on. Am I still missing something?

Read my signature you have to be on desktop site download epic zip and flash in recovery.

Reactions: ZenInsight

pentium0

Feb 13, 2012
Oakland
voodoo sound

Thank you Unjustified for this ROM!

Am thinking of trying SuperNexus (and the BT fix, woot woot!), but am glued to my voodoo sound.
What voodoo sound kernel would be recommended for SuperNexus? I want to be careful because I believe some of the later nitest/effsi builds cause my phone to randomly reboot, but it could just be rom/kernel combination.

EDIT: I went ahead and installed Supernexus, and Voodoo sound works great on this ROM without changing the kernel. ^_^

is there a kernel i can flash on this to get voodoo sound? i wanna try it..

Last edited:

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Thank you Unjustified for this ROM!

Am thinking of trying SuperNexus (and the BT fix, woot woot!), but am glued to my voodoo sound.
What voodoo sound kernel would be recommended for SuperNexus? I want to be careful because I believe some of the later nitest/effsi builds cause my phone to randomly reboot, but it could just be rom/kernel combination.

I dont know I no longer have this phone. Just waiting on someone to come in and explain

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City
Am I the only one that feels like Bluetooth now has a rapid fire indeterminacy effect in it's audio? Sounds like really rapid skipping effect to me.

Edit: Also, disconnects happen really easily. If I even walk 5 feet away from my phone...signal drops.

Last edited:

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Am I the only one that feels like Bluetooth now has a rapid fire indeterminacy effect in it's audio? Sounds like really rapid skipping effect to me.

Edit: Also, disconnects happen really easily. If I even walk 5 feet away from my phone...signal drops.

Weird because the files used came from cm10.1

OK, really stupid (but potentially brick-preventing) question... is this ROM for the original Epic 4G (not the E4GT)?

Yeah, I know this is the subforum for the original Galaxy S(I) Epic 4g (well, unless someone decided to go on a forum-renaming spree and start calling the E4GT the E4G)... but I couldn't help but notice that every single phone listed under "officially supported" near the bottom of the (presumably up to date) original post is a Galaxy S2, and the magic model number "D700" is conspicuously absent from the list:

Officially Supported Devices:
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300
Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
Samsung Galaxy S II I9100G

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    supernexusbannerwhite.png

The main idea behind SuperNexus is to provide Vanilla Android experience, just like on Google's Nexus devices, to non-nexus devices. SuperNexus is entirely built from Google's AOSP Source. A lot of improvements and optimizations have been done to the Google's Source Code to have the best possible Vanilla Android Experience. SuperNexus is very light too as there are no 3rd party apps (ZERO Bloatware).

System Details:
    • Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (JDQ39 - Android-4.2.2_r1)
    • Latest CM Kernel
    • All Jelly Bean Features and Apps (Nothing excluded from AOSP)
    • No Visual Changes!
    • Stock Jelly Bean Look and Feel
    • This will turn your Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G into a Nexus 4
    • Twrp 2.5 built from source

ROM Features:
    • Fully Deodexed
    • Zipaligned APKs
    • Rooted (Super SU)
    • BusyBox Installed
    • No 3rd Party App
    • ZERO Bloatware
    • Android Source Code vastly improved and optimized (i.e. Bionic, Dalvik, Webkit, Framework, libcore, SQlite etc)
    • Official Jelly Bean Bootanimation (From Official Galaxy Nexus Android 4.2.1 Factory Image)
    • Init.d Support
    • Framework Features:
      -Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery, Download & Screenshot Options)
      -Improved Scrolling Cache
      -Tweaked Animation Values Of Progress Spinners (Silky Smooth Loading Spinners)
      -Enabled Rotation Lock Tile in Quick Settings for Phones (Previously was only enabled on Tablets)
      -Increased Lockscreen Widget limit from 5 to 9
      -Enabled Copy/Paste in Gtalk
      -Options for switching between USB Mass Storage and MTP/PTP (On Specific Devices)
    • Camera Features:-
      -Burst Shot (Up to 20 Images at once)
      -ISO Mode
      -Touch Focus Duration
      -Power Shutter (Click Power Button To Capture Image/Video)
      -Color Effects
      -Shutter Timer
      -Zero-Shutter Lag (On Specific devices)
      -Control Zoom using Volume keys
      -Touch-to-focus timeout duration settings
      -Exposure and JPEG Quality settings in Video Mode
      -HDR (High-dynamic-range imaging)
    • Browser Features:-
      -Increased Maximum Tab limit from 16 to 64
      -Incognito Tab Option (When long pressed on an URL)
      -Option To Close All Tabs With One-Click
      -Allowed Any Type Of File To Be Downloaded
      -Enabled WebGL (Ultra smooth browsing)
      -HTML5 WebSockets
    • Phone Features:-
      -T9 Dialer Support
      -Landscape Dialer Support
      -Transparency To Incall Screen
      -Noise Suppression
    • Miscellaneous Features:
      -Allowed Installation Of Apps From Unknown Sources By Default
      -Allowed Any Type Of File To Be Sent/Received Via Bluetooth
      -Disabled Data Roaming By Default
      -Removed Google's Software Updates Option from Settings
      -Enabled Gesture Input By default
      -Hardware Information of the device (Settings>About Device>Hardware Information)

Officially Supported Devices:
    Known Issues
    • Found one ? Report it.

Screenshots:
    screenshot2013010109102.png
    screenshot2013010109102.png
    screenshot2013010109103.png
    screenshot2013010109103.png
    screenshot2013010109104.png
    screenshot2013010109110.png
    screenshot2013010109111.png
    screenshot2013010109131.png

Requirements:
    • Clockworkmod Recovery (CWM)
    • Team Win Recovery (TWRP)

Instructions:
    • Copy Google Apps and SuperNexus ROM to your SD Card
    • Enter Recovery
    • Do a Wipe/Factory Reset (Necessary if coming from a different a ROM)
    • Flash SuperNexus ROM
    • Flash Google Apps
    • Reboot your device!

Downloads

Latest Build Thanks Bthorne79:

Google Apps:
    Source Code:

Thanks

Code:
    [url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2076650]Faryaab for wonderful thread and images[/url]
    SuperNexus Creator
    Google
    Yea, I check his Goo.im a couple times a day to see what new tidbits have turned up! lol
    He posted a new TRaK on the 17th, but that's his "basically stock" kernel, according to him. I think I might have n00bed him to death though, he hasn't responded to my PMs from last weekend :eek: haha Wherever he's lurking, he might be interested to know that the latest Nitest that Didhy compiled fixed the my Voodoo Colors issue I had been bugging him about :D

Bad at keeping track of xda messages. The latest track is 3.0.72 kernel instead of stock 3.0.56 thanks to didhiy. Same no mdnie, tweaked govs and io sched, and some other small improvements. More to come later. Hope to get the files to unjust tomorrow or tonight if he's up in 5 hours

Working on a nitextxfc release still, minor issues on that, and mainly working on xylon. Got the bt issue mostly figured out so its almost good to go.
    Bad at keeping track of xda messages. The latest track is 3.0.72 kernel instead of stock 3.0.56 thanks to didhiy. Same no mdnie, tweaked govs and io sched, and some other small improvements. More to come later. Hope to get the files to unjust tomorrow or tonight if he's up in 5 hours

Working on a nitextxfc release still, minor issues on that, and mainly working on xylon. Got the bt issue mostly figured out so its almost good to go.

you can update the version by applying incremental patches
    https://www.kernel.org/diff/diffview.cgi?file=/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/incr/patch-3.0.72-73.xz
    download and extract the patch, then
    patch -p1 < patch-3.0.72-73
    do the same for each update
    ...[*]This will turn your Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G into a Nexus 4

LOL let's say it doesn't, when you only flash the ROM you turn your device into a Nexus S because by default you don't get Nexus 4-ish onscreen nav keys, and (I say it again) modding this out via build.prop will make the OSN look big and ugly. So here, to make this ROM match the "Nexus 4" promise, here I packaged a modded framework-res flashable zip to enable a SIZE-MODDED onscreen nav key experience.

Screenshot:
    1zh2ka0.jpg

1zv8xah.jpg

As usual I don't guarantee the zip will work so back it up before flashing!
    Link
    Don't forget to use Nova/Apex/Holo to create a shortcut for "Advanced Settings" app and disable capacitive key lights!! You know that looks BEAUTIFUL! :)

@unjust Maybe consider adding this to OP? :D
    Not to step on unjust toes but this is his build with apns swapped with stock CM can some one please try this
    Just trying to help out the OG's
    http://db.tt/tq51jii5

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    Please hit the thanks if I helped you.

Anyone having an issue with MMS not sending? I'm trying to send a text to multiple people, but it says "Sending".

Right above you