[Q] Microphone problem,people can't hear me sometimes

Search This thread

flashroyal

Jan 10, 2014
Dubrovnik
Hi... I have some crazy problem. When I speak with someone,at one second(not every time) microphone just stops working and they cant hear me anymore. Than I turn speaker on and off and everithing works again. This happend first time when I officialy updated v20b on my Lg. Problem is I now have unlocked bootloader,vanir custom rom etc so I lost my warrnity. Help!!!!!

Reactions: Mitke357

flashroyal

Jan 10, 2014
Dubrovnik
I searched everyting,but coudn't find anything. I'm sca te ed now if I send it to LG and they see CMW recovery instead official one...bye bye warrnity

Flying_Bear

Jan 16, 2011
Its not a hw issue that they can fix for sure; they will probably just reflash kdz and be done with it.

Issue seems to be caused by VoIP programs somehow. For me the culprit was viber, for ezet skype. No fix, other than flashing a different rom, and hoping the bug doesnt appear again (i had this issue on 4-5 separate roms, including stock, so its not related only to custom roms)

Last edited:

Mitke357

May 13, 2013
Same issue on stock rom

Hi, I have official JB 4.1.2 stock rom (v20c), and I experience same issue from time to time. I have sent an email to lg support, hopefully I will get some useful answer, which I will post here. Did not try the speaker on/off workaround, maybe it will work for me, at least I wont have to redial all the time...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its not a hw issue that they can fix for sure; they will probably just reflash kdz and be done with it.

Issue seems to be caused by VoIP programs somehow. For me the culprit was viber, for ezet skype. No fix, other than flashing a different rom, and hoping the bug doesnt appear again (i had this issue on 4-5 separate roms, including stock, so its not related only to custom roms)
    Hi... I have some crazy problem. When I speak with someone,at one second(not every time) microphone just stops working and they cant hear me anymore. Than I turn speaker on and off and everithing works again. This happend first time when I officialy updated v20b on my Lg. Problem is I now have unlocked bootloader,vanir custom rom etc so I lost my warrnity. Help!!!!!
    If it didn't work on v20b it's a hardware failure and therefore the warranty still persists. Just flash back an official stock firmware and send it to LG.

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD
    Maybe not. I've recently seen a discussion about this. Maybe @ezet ot @Flying_Bear could help.

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD
    Yeap, happens to me too. Only quick solution is to open the speakerphone, if the other party hasn't already closed the phone cause they didn't hear a thing..