[ROM] OaT's Light n Tasty: DISCONTINUED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Ok, flashed version "A" to my son's TP and sending him off to school with it. He had version "B" there yesterday. I'll get a comparison of the two from him later tonight.

Already told me that version "B" was better than 3/31 release at grabbing weak signals and that 3/31 was better than the CM7's which had a real tough time connecting at all.

I talked to my son about an "A" to"B" comparison on wifi. Both are better than the 3/31 release at holding weak siginals. Originally "B" had a little trouble connecting but once it gained signal was able to hold it.

He's got a couple of unrelated issues. One is audio "chatter?". He couldn't describe it or reproduce it for me. Not static. Not cutting out. Just screwy. Video is fine and it happens with both wifi content as well as content stored on the TP.

Also, he reported that he lost a bunch of apps when I flashed version "A". He got them back via the market. I can't figure out how I could've mucked up the flash. Wiped cache and dalvik and then flashed the ROM. Just reporting the anomoly.

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
I talked to my son about an "A" to"B" comparison on wifi. Both are better than the 3/31 release at holding weak siginals. Originally "B" had a little trouble connecting but once it gained signal was able to hold it.

He's got a couple of unrelated issues. One is audio "chatter?". He couldn't describe it or reproduce it for me. Not static. Not cutting out. Just screwy. Video is fine and it happens with both wifi content as well as content stored on the TP.

Also, he reported that he lost a bunch of apps when I flashed version "A". He got them back via the market. I can't figure out how I could've mucked up the flash. Wiped cache and dalvik and then flashed the ROM. Just reporting the anomoly.

Very strange on those issues, especially since it is not reproducible. Maybe just a very bad boot, knowing that I've had those on occasion.

Reactions: swear0730

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
PM's to my testers with links to LnT + Cornerstone went out a little while ago. As I mentioned, I may open it up to a few additional testers so stay tuned.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
PM's to my testers with links to LnT + Cornerstone went out a little while ago. As I mentioned, I may open it up to a few additional testers so stay tuned.

I can be a tester as well if you still need another one. :D

On a side note, any idea why I can't set up my hotmail email on this ROM? When I put my login info in, it just hangs at "checking incoming server settings". I tried 3 other ROM's and didn't have that issue. I even wiped and reinstalled with the same results.

Thanks for any help!

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
On a side note, any idea why I can't set up my hotmail email on this ROM? When I put my login info in, it just hangs at "checking incoming server settings". I tried 3 other ROM's and didn't have that issue. I even wiped and reinstalled with the same results.

Thanks for any help!

Hmm? Just tried and I couldn't either. Although I don't use hotmail very often, when I do I just go through the browser. I'll look into it and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Last edited:

ItsDon

Mar 29, 2008
Dripping Springs, Texas
Running version B (which is stellar BTW!) and having one little issue. After waking the TP up from sleep (after a few hours) the wifi refuses to turn on. I need to manually turn it off then back on for it to connect. My sleep policy is set to have wifi never sleep.

I tried searching but came up empty. Suggestions?

BelfastLad

Oct 13, 2011
OaT

Haven't tried your A and B builds yet as the previous version is now running so well for me. I will definitely update should you get to a Cornerstone public release though.

If you need any more beta testers for Cornerstone, I'm happy to get involved. As a fairly "noob" user, if it can be broken, I may be just the guy to try and break it - LOL!

One question (which may illustrate what I mean) Is there any way to get the bottom button bar to autohide. I found a checkbox under the settings to autohide when running full screen apps but it seems to make no difference. When I start Asphalt 6 (legit paid for "Play Store" dl) the home/back buttons just refuse to go away and the only app which it seems to partially work with is the Aldiko eReader where the buttons are visible when I open it but if I tap to pull up the reader options and then return to normal reading mode, the bar will disappear.

Not trying to hijack the thread - If I'm being stupid just call me stupid - I can take the shame!!

Thanks again for this ROM. It still makes me smile when I use the tablet and every time I whip out my Touchpad in public (no smutty innuendo intended) the iPad and ChiPad brigades crowd around to see and generally slink away admitting that "No, their tablet can't quite do all that".

Last edited:

mike-y

Feb 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Also been running Version A for a few days now. Have to say this is my new favorite ICS rom. Only thing I've noticed is that Go Launcher cuts off some text for apps in the app drawer in protrait mode. Haven't seen where I can adjust the text size in go launcher yet.

Otherwise, the ROM itself has been stable, and wifi has been working great for me.

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
OaT

One question (which may illustrate what I mean) Is there any way to get the bottom button bar to autohide. I found a checkbox under the settings to autohide when running full screen apps but it seems to make no difference. When I start Asphalt 6 (legit paid for "Play Store" dl) the home/back buttons just refuse to go away and the only app which it seems to partially work with is the Aldiko eReader where the buttons are visible when I open it but if I tap to pull up the reader options and then return to normal reading mode, the bar will disappear.

Re autohide: I also haven't found that to work very well. In my case FBReader with it's own capability is the only app which really seems to work properly.

Also been running Version A for a few days now. Have to say this is my new favorite ICS rom. Only thing I've noticed is that Go Launcher cuts off some text for apps in the app drawer in protrait mode. Haven't seen where I can adjust the text size in go launcher yet.

Otherwise, the ROM itself has been stable, and wifi has been working great for me.

Yup! I believe it has to do with the resolution/aspect ratio of our screens as Go Launcher HD on my wife's A500 works fine. I've reported this to the Go folks, so guess we'll just have to wait for them address it.

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
OaT's LNT GApps updated on OP. I'd recommend 1) wipe cache, 2) wipe dalvik, 3) flash the zip.
Also, GMail is now available in the market and as such has been removed from the standard GApps. So, I am removing it from the OP.

As an aside, I've moved to the latest version of TWRP for recovery, and although I'm still getting used to it, I very much like it's touch interface as well as the additional features it supports. Also, although I haven't tried it, CWM backups are reported to work with TWRP after moving them to the appropriate directory under TWRP. Finally, as a fallback, I created a flashable zip to take me back to CWM recovery, but have not used it so it is untested. If anyone needs that, LMK.

Last edited:

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
OaT's LNT GApps updated on OP. I'd recommend 1) wipe cache, 2) wipe dalvik, 3) flash the zip.
Also, GMail is now available in the market and as such has been removed from the standard GApps. So, I am removing it from the OP.

As an aside, I've moved to the latest version of TWRP for recovery, and although I'm still getting used to it, I very much like it's touch interface as well as the additional features it supports. Also, although I haven't tried it, CWM backups are reported to work with TWRP after moving them to the appropriate directory under TWRP. Finally, as a fallback, I created a flashable zip to take me back to CWM recovery, but have not used it so it is untested. If anyone needs that, LMK.

Flash TWRP through goomanager app?

somanshmittal

Jan 24, 2011
New Delhi
Hi oat! I must say that your rom is simply amazing. However, there is one problem. I dont know if its just me or if others r facing this as well-when i move apps from tb memory to sd card using app 2 sd pro, the sd card storage unmounts n i lose all my apps. This prticuarly happens when im almost done moving most of the apps and this problem is i think inherent from cm9 since i had the exact same fault i that as well. Os there a workaround this? Or any solution? Any help regrding this would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
Hi oat! I must say that your rom is simply amazing. However, there is one problem. I dont know if its just me or if others r facing this as well-when i move apps from tb memory to sd card using app 2 sd pro, the sd card storage unmounts n i lose all my apps. This prticuarly happens when im almost done moving most of the apps and this problem is i think inherent from cm9 since i had the exact same fault i that as well. Os there a workaround this? Or any solution? Any help regrding this would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

'Fraid the only thing I know about this is that there is a method to double (or more?) the size of your internal storage partition. Believe I saw it somewhere on a Rootzwiki discussion, but I didn't pay much attention to it as I was nowhere close to the limit of what I think is ~2gb. I'll take a look and see if I can find, and if so post a link here, but you're searches may be more effective than mine.

Got lucky on my search. Below is the link. Although it was written for CM7, the initial reference I found was in CM9 with comments that this works there as well. Still, you should check more thoroughly than I did. Hope this helps.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13277-cm7-fixes-for-sdcard-issues/

Last edited:
Reactions: somanshmittal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Background
    As a bit of background, I publicly posted ROMs on PPCGeeks for the HTC Touch w/WinMo several years ago. Since then, I continue to develop ROMs primarily for family and friends on the EVO4G, LG Optimus, Acer A500, and of course the HP TouchPad. After an initial testing period by a group of volunteers here at XDA (thank you, thank you, thank you), I have decided to publicly release this ROM. I hope you enjoy it.

Philosophy and Acknowledgements
    My emphasis has always been on a very light and fast ROM that leaves plenty of room for one's own apps and customizations. My HP TouchPad ROM is based on a very stripped down KANG of the latest CM9 version (big thanks to Dalingrin, JCSullins, and all the other TPad devs that have brought this capability to us) that supports HW Video (meaning Netflix and HD YouTube) and all the other goodies you have come to know and love.

In addition there are also a few other treats thrown in, primarily,
    • the recently released QualComm adreno 2xx drivers,
    • the init.d tweaks published by Rohan,
    • the new ath6kl wifi drivers being incorporated into the 3.0 kernel,
    • the new HD Tablet launcher by the "Go" folks.

Big thanks to all the folks associated with these for their generosity in publicly providing these tweaks. Finally, I also employ a very stripped down version of the latest version of GApps that I will also link to. You can use the full version of GApps found elsewhere, but that will then somewhat defeat the intent of this ROM. The attached pics will give you some idea of what to expect. The benchmarks are all "typical" of the results I get on a non-overclocked CPU running at ~1.2GHz.

Updates
    In terms of updates, I actually build the ROM and the kernel almost on a daily basis so my older AMD quadcore isn't tortured with having to handle an extraordinary number of new commits. But that doesn't mean I flash almost daily. It all depends on what looks significant, if I really want to try something new, or if I'm just bored :eek:. You can find out what's new in the below "News" section of this OP to find out what's the latest on my front.

Flashing and .apk's
    Of course, all the standard cautions about doing the necessary backups (nandroids, titanium, or my backup) and the requirement for a complete set of wipes/formats (data, cache, system, dalvik) apply. Actually, I only find it necessary to wipe cache and dalvik between flashes of my own ROM. I also flash Gapps anew after each ROM flash. If you like experimenting with the other available ROMs, I advise a complete set of wipes and formats. And of course, you are flashing at your own risk.

Any .apk's included below need to be placed in the system/app directory with a rooted file manager, e.g. es file explorer, ensuring the permissions are the same as other .apk's in that directory, followed by a reboot. Unless, otherwise noted.

News
    08/30/12
    • DISCONTINUED

Links
    OaT's "Light n Tasty" GApps:

OaT's "Light n Tasty" ROMs:
    Plan on posting "final" CM9-based LnT this weekend, including a new BEATS audio and a few other ROM refinements, this weekend. Then I'm just going to hunker down and try working with CM10. We'll see how that goes. :confused:
    JB & LnT Update (as I currently see it)

First, I am seeing a lot of activity on the repo as the JB packages are even now being readied and moved into the new tree. The process, I believe, is to "finish" up CM9 with a stable RC2 then fully concentrate on CM10. Since CM10 is a "minor" update (4.0.4 ->> 4.1.1) CM9 will ultimately be abandoned with only CM7 (Gingerbread - 2.X) and CM10 (4.x) being maintained (Honeycomb - 3.X was never publicly released). I don't know how long this will take; could be anywhere from a few weeks to several months, but it has been said that any device that was supported on CM9 will be supported on CM10. Of course, a lot of that will depend on the developers who have specifically contributed to the TPad to rebase their work as necessary.

In terms of updates to LnT, I'm planning one more update sometime this month and then I'll hunker down and wait for JB, as I'm guessing there will only be minor improvements to the current state. Of course, should something major/interesting show up (e.g. the camera) or I get bored :silly:, I will adapt. Finally, I've decided to not go the direct AOSP JB route and just wait for CM JB.

Bottom line, because of the quality of the Touch Pad developers, I firmly believe our lowly TPs will be one of the early recipients of a sleek new JB including some interesting capabilities, e.g. Google Now.
    LnT JB Posted Including LnT JB Gapps

Please read updated News section in OP. Links located in OP.
    When you compile?! The cm10 source are you going to release public? Or you wait jcsullins to released first?

I'll release when it's, IMO, daily-driver quality. That doesn't mean it will be completely bug free, but it must be useable for all basic tasks including browsing, email, music, video, and many of my "critical" apps.