been gone awhile need help s-off root steps

Search This thread

bonezsz90

May 21, 2010
hey sorry for multible post:/ but I been gone awhile and haven't rooted anything for years but I want to root and soff my sprint one Max. I hear you have to go to htcdev first, but after that I'm lost. after htcdev do I start with firewater s-off? what next? so confusing because there's so many options but I don't know which work now. can I get some insight please.I need this so I can use wiring tether at work :(

bonezsz90

May 21, 2010
can I please atleast get a list of programs that work at the moment? please just don't want to mess my.phone up.

bonezsz90

May 21, 2010

I got as far as the last step in the htcdev where it says to press yes on ur phone I pressed the power button like it said but nothing happen so I held it and my phone rebooted. Now I tried to push the firewater on cmd and it's saying the device can't be found. Any suggestions? Also when I go into bootloader it says unlocked on top. But when I click reboot to recovery my phone comes to a blank screen with a red phone icon. Am I doing the steps right or did I leave something out? Been trying to figure it out since 6 this morning.

mafyas

I got as far as the last step in the htcdev where it says to press yes on ur phone I pressed the power button like it said but nothing happen so I held it and my phone rebooted. Now I tried to push the firewater on cmd and it's saying the device can't be found. Any suggestions? Also when I go into bootloader it says unlocked on top. But when I click reboot to recovery my phone comes to a blank screen with a red phone icon. Am I doing the steps right or did I leave something out? Been trying to figure it out since 6 this morning.

You need to set your device into USB debug mode in Setting > developer option > enable usb debug mode

Red phone icon means u didn't flash custom recovery yet. You must flash custom recovery in order to install custom rom.
Take a look here for custom recovery @ http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498746

For custom roms, I use ViperMax :
@ ViperMax International @
@ ViperMax Sprint/Verizon @

Other roms, do visit One Max Android Development forum

All-in-One Guide and details for One Max @ [INDEX][AIO] ★ ★ HTC One Max ★ ★

Last edited:
Reactions: USMC retired

bonezsz90

May 21, 2010
Ok thanks so much man. So after I get the custom recovery I flash a custom Rom or do I use firewater to s-off/root then install the custom Rom?

Reactions: USMC retired

mafyas

Ok thanks so much man. So after I get the custom recovery I flash a custom Rom or do I use firewater to s-off/root then install the custom Rom?

Appreciate if you do hit thank button for thanking me.. :p
Root and S-off are two different things.
Firewater for s-off. S-off can be done before or after flash custom rom.
Every custom root mostly come with SuperSU(rooteed)
Be sure to do full backup your stock rom in recovery before flashing any rom.

1. Unlock bootloader
2. Flash custom recovery
3. Full backup
4. S-OFF with firewater
5. Flash custom Rom

Top Liked Posts