[Q] Flashing back to Sprint

Search This thread

dcmasta

Jun 17, 2010
Tampa Bay, FL
My power button went on my S3. I bought a used logic board and to my surprise it was flashed to verizon.
It came preloaded with CM11. My question is how do I flash it back to Sprint?
Just load a Touchwiz Rom? Or do I need to update the Radios as well?
Can I Just flash the latest ND8?

Current baseband version: L710VPBLJ7

Didn't see any info on here on how to get it back to sprint, only how to take it away.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
My power button went on my S3. I bought a used logic board and to my surprise it was flashed to verizon.

Didn't see any info on here on how to get it back to sprint, only how to take it away.

You would essentially reverse the process you read.
Big thing - make sure your MEID shows the same as the sticker behind the battery or you're going to have an issue trying to activate.
Good luck!

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

evilmrt

May 7, 2007
I'm not sure you're going to be able to activate that new logic board on Sprint, as the MEID is tied to the logic board.

Is Sprint allowing activation of old Verizon devices?

angelofdooms

Oct 29, 2013

Hey i used to work for Sprint last year, if you try and flash ur phone back to sprint they still wont take it for repair, this is because once a sprint phone is flashed out the ESN number is no longer valid on sprint network, even if u try and use the original esn(meid or whatever), when a rep at sprint store tries to enter the esn when they make a ticket it will come up as invalid, ive come across this before working at sprint, once a phone has been flashed out of sprint no matter what you do even if u try and flash it back it will not work on the network, Now depending on how long you have had it you could try and contacting samsung about it, or take it to a local repair shop and see how much they charge for it, most of the time when the power button goes its pretty easy to fix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You would essentially reverse the process you read.
    Big thing - make sure your MEID shows the same as the sticker behind the battery or you're going to have an issue trying to activate.
    Good luck!
    I'm not sure you're going to be able to activate that new logic board on Sprint, as the MEID is tied to the logic board.

Is Sprint allowing activation of old Verizon devices?

Hey i used to work for Sprint last year, if you try and flash ur phone back to sprint they still wont take it for repair, this is because once a sprint phone is flashed out the ESN number is no longer valid on sprint network, even if u try and use the original esn(meid or whatever), when a rep at sprint store tries to enter the esn when they make a ticket it will come up as invalid, ive come across this before working at sprint, once a phone has been flashed out of sprint no matter what you do even if u try and flash it back it will not work on the network, Now depending on how long you have had it you could try and contacting samsung about it, or take it to a local repair shop and see how much they charge for it, most of the time when the power button goes its pretty easy to fix.