Help for network unlock after flashing CM11 rom

Search This thread

machak10

Feb 9, 2014
Hi guys i need your assistance.Here is my problem.Some 7-8 months a go i upgraded from stock 2.3.6 to 4.1.2 and then to 4.4.2 CM11,everything was working just fine (some minor random restarts and incoming call volume issues wasn't a big deal).The phone was locked to my GSM provider network and now i got a network unlock code from them.The problem is very strange,according to instructions i got from them (and all i found on the net ) should be very simple:
1. turn off mobile phone
2. insert different SIM card than accepted one
3. turn on phone
4. you will be asked to enter NETWORK UNLOCK code since it's a different SIM card,enter code and job is done...
BUT..i'm stucked at point 4....i do not get there where i should enter that network unlock code..i am able to read my IMEI,phone number etc. in phone status (noticed IMEI SV is 01 if that matters at all).
I even tried to revert to stock 2.3.6.and 4.1.2 rom and unroot phone it still doesn't help,is there anything else that i can do and i'm missing so far?

Thanks for looking into my problem guys,i really need to solve this issue.

BR

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi guys i need your assistance.Here is my problem.Some 7-8 months a go i upgraded from stock 2.3.6 to 4.1.2 and then to 4.4.2 CM11,everything was working just fine (some minor random restarts and incoming call volume issues wasn't a big deal).The phone was locked to my GSM provider network and now i got a network unlock code from them.The problem is very strange,according to instructions i got from them (and all i found on the net ) should be very simple:
1. turn off mobile phone
2. insert different SIM card than accepted one
3. turn on phone
4. you will be asked to enter NETWORK UNLOCK code since it's a different SIM card,enter code and job is done...
BUT..i'm stucked at point 4....i do not get there where i should enter that network unlock code..i am able to read my IMEI,phone number etc. in phone status (noticed IMEI SV is 01 if that matters at all).
I even tried to revert to stock 2.3.6.and 4.1.2 rom and unroot phone it still doesn't help,is there anything else that i can do and i'm missing so far?

Thanks for looking into my problem guys,i really need to solve this issue.

BR

Have you tried to flash stock JB firmware and did factory reset? Try to be on full stock, not on any custom ROM.

machak10

Feb 9, 2014
Have you tried to flash stock JB firmware and did factory reset? Try to be on full stock, not on any custom ROM.
Oh yes,as i said i did a revert to stock 2.3.6 and 4.1.2 too...custom ROM only now with 4.4.2 CM11...i did had a problem flashing from 4.4.2 CM11 to stock 2.3.6 (boot stucked) but that was solved by re-flashing with GT-I9070_I9070DXLD1_CL1068093_8G (3 files)...but bummer..didn't help..what next..?

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Oh yes,as i said i did a revert to stock 2.3.6 and 4.1.2 too...custom ROM only now with 4.4.2 CM11...i did had a problem flashing from 4.4.2 CM11 to stock 2.3.6 (boot stucked) but that was solved by re-flashing with GT-I9070_I9070DXLD1_CL1068093_8G (3 files)...but bummer..didn't help..what next..?

Flash Stock JB 4.1.2 firmware with Odin, and take phone to the provider and ask to give you hand with unlocking.

machak10

Feb 9, 2014
Flash Stock JB 4.1.2 firmware with Odin, and take phone to the provider and ask to give you hand with unlocking.

Well..if no further solutions pop up's that's the last thing i can do i guess..:(..just let me check: flashing back to stock 4.1.2 will not move binary counter (will remove root) and there is no way for them to know that i rooted/flashed phone before ? (warranty is expired 2 months a go but they have a legal obligation to unlock the phone for me.;)..)

Thx for answering anyway..:D

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Well..if no further solutions pop up's that's the last thing i can do i guess..:(..just let me check: flashing back to stock 4.1.2 will not move binary counter (will remove root) and there is no way for them to know that i rooted/flashed phone before ? (warranty is expired 2 months a go but they have a legal obligation to unlock the phone for me.;)..)

Thx for answering anyway..:D

It will not increase binary counter. Unless you already have it increased before, rooting GB perhaps. Go to download mode and see if it is increased. You can use Triangle Away to undo it, there is free version for XDA members.

P.S. Flashing stock JB firmware and factory reset brings your phone to state like you just bought it. No root, and they can't find out that it was rooted.

machak10

Feb 9, 2014
It will not increase binary counter. Unless you already have it increased before, rooting GB perhaps. Go to download mode and see if it is increased. You can use Triangle Away to undo it, there is free version for XDA members.

P.S. Flashing stock JB firmware and factory reset brings your phone to state like you just bought it. No root, and they can't find out that it was rooted.

No i haven't rooted stock 2.3.6 GB,just upgraded it to stock 4.1.2 from Samsung site so it shouldn't be problem there..:D