[GAMES] Nexus 10 Gaming Thread

Search This thread

sunnyrt

Aug 1, 2008
Since I rooted my N10 I am unable to "draw" in Draw Something. I'm still on the Stock ROM with TWRP installed for Recovery. I can play all other aspects of the game, but when I get to the Draw screen, the screen has a Grey background instead of the expected White and I am unable to "draw".

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Have a fix?

I'm experiencing the same thing. I was able to use the app previous to rooting and even after unlocking, it was when I rooted it that the problem crept up. I have tried clearing the cache, uninstalling, installing old versions, I even have the paid version from the Play store, and have tried the free version. At this point I'm thinking about installing a custom Rom.

gbeardmore

Mar 15, 2011
Stoughton, WI
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I'm experiencing the same thing. I was able to use the app previous to rooting and even after unlocking, it was when I rooted it that the problem crept up. I have tried clearing the cache, uninstalling, installing old versions, I even have the paid version from the Play store, and have tried the free version. At this point I'm thinking about installing a custom Rom.

Moving to a custom ROM won't fix Draw Something either. I've tried 3 different ones but the problem persists. I wrote in to the mfg. of the app, but no reply yet... :crying:

Reactions: sunnyrt

nick w

Sep 3, 2010
UK
Anyone have issues with NOVA3 not recording stats?
I play online and then every time i go back to playing online i starts me on level 0

404 ERROR

Jan 8, 2012
Anyone play Zookeeper Battle and either have it get stuck sometimes or have the game not start up at all?

bioorganic

Nov 28, 2012
San Diego
Hi Gamers :}
I hope you like to have high FPS in games.
This is idea is about lowering the resolution a little bit, don't worry about the artifacts your device is already having high DPI compared to PS Vita or PSP and it is negligible.

If you want more prove to be convinced, try finding a wallpaper with your native resolution and down scale it by 0.75 factor , then try to spot the difference on your screen device.

Please spread the word & show your support.
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=41017&thanks=41017&ts=1354792959

Don't forget to vote, your contribution matters for the future of gaming on Android.

A half-resolution option would be fantastic. Scaling by halves is really the only way to look decent on a LCD display. 1 pixel gets replaced by 4. On the N10 this would mean gaming at 1280 x 800. Unfortunately, the games I play are trying to push 2560x1600.... that's hard work even for a fast gaming PC. I'm not really sure how this would be implemented, does it need to be at the driver level? Is the mali t-604 driver open source?

jarjar124

Apr 28, 2012
Brooklyn
Hey guys! GTA vice city is back on the play store so hurry up and start playing!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

irishtexmex

Sep 27, 2010
Austin, TX
I'm assuming that the Tegra enhanced games won't work on this tablet when trying to download from the Play Store (I bought Shadowgun THD on my Transformer Prime, for example).

After browsing this thread some, though, it looks like the THD games CAN work on our Nexus 10's but you have to sideload them first. That makes me wonder... if I sideload Shadowgun THD from a backup I made off my Transformer Prime, will it link up to the Shadowgun THD on the market and download the appropriate updates?

Thanks.

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
I'm assuming that the Tegra enhanced games won't work on this tablet when trying to download from the Play Store (I bought Shadowgun THD on my Transformer Prime, for example).

After browsing this thread some, though, it looks like the THD games CAN work on our Nexus 10's but you have to sideload them first. That makes me wonder... if I sideload Shadowgun THD from a backup I made off my Transformer Prime, will it link up to the Shadowgun THD on the market and download the appropriate updates?

Thanks.

You can try but I doubt it. It may not even show an update at the Playstore since it was side loaded. If it does show you will more then likely get an error of some sort.

I remembered when I side loaded my copy of the shadowgunthd that came with my Prime bundle from gamstop onto my infinity. I didn't see any sort of upstream even though it was an older version.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Sided loaded Shadowgun THD first form my tf700 and I get "Youre device is not supported" when I open the game. Same goes for side loading apk from my Prime. Oh well...worth a try

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

rubene66

Dec 20, 2008
Ponce
When i play a 3d game and the tablet become hot the game lags. Anyone have that problem with intense 3d games?

Brasse

Aug 1, 2008
Fagersta
Does anyone know of a good strategy game?

Like, Settlers, StarCraft, Red Alert, or more civil strategy games like Transport Tycoon, Sim City.

What i have seen there is a real lack of those types of game on Play store. All strategy games ive seen are really childish/cartoonish. And other from that there are only RPG's tower defense and FPS games.

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Does anyone know of a good strategy game?

Like, Settlers, StarCraft, Red Alert, or more civil strategy games like Transport Tycoon, Sim City.

What i have seen there is a real lack of those types of game on Play store. All strategy games ive seen are really childish/cartoonish. And other from that there are only RPG's tower defense and FPS games.

I've been looking for some RTS myself but there are none that are worth playing. I own simple city but can't play it cause it's tegra only, as with the sims 3.

Really hope something worth while fills that gap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

404 ERROR

Jan 8, 2012
Global Outbreak maybe? No idea if that's what you're looking for, but you control 2-4 units at a time and shoot things.

irishrally

Jun 13, 2009
California
Does anyone also own a Nexus 7? How do you think they compare for gaming? I feel like critical strike portable is smoother on the N7 but the picture quality on the N10 is excellent. I was hoping the N10 would dominate the N7 in this regard.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Does anyone also own a Nexus 7? How do you think they compare for gaming? I feel like critical strike portable is smoother on the N7 but the picture quality on the N10 is excellent. I was hoping the N10 would dominate the N7 in this regard.

N10 is much butter smooth when it comes to gaming. Particularly with Nova 3, Modern Combat 4, Asphalt 7. I dont think Nvidia's GPU can touch N10's gpu. My N7 also was using clean rom but with stock kernel.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

nagle3092

Feb 7, 2010
'Merica

I think the N7 is better for gaming personally. I had 2 N10s but sent them back due to light bleed and ordered an N7. So far all the games I tried on my 10 work better on my 7, also the 7 feels much better in hand for any amount of time compared to the 10. GTA 3 would be laggy on anything above medium on the 10 and I can comfortably play with higher detail (most likely due to much lower resolution). The 10 is a great tablet, just not for me it seems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I think the N7 is better for gaming personally. I had 2 N10s but sent them back due to light bleed and ordered an N7. So far all the games I tried on my 10 work better on my 7, also the 7 feels much better in hand for any amount of time compared to the 10. GTA 3 would be laggy on anything above medium on the 10 and I can comfortably play with higher detail (most likely due to much lower resolution). The 10 is a great tablet, just not for me it seems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Nova 3 was laggy for me on the n7 and there was no way around it. At least with GTA on n10 you could adjust so it can be smooth. I do agree that 7 inch form factor is always gonna be better for gaming tablet for tablet. But having an HDMI on the n10 will allow me to hook it to my TV and use my ps3 controller for a more console gaming experience.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To anyone who doubts any lag issues, try this race out specifically:
    1Egmq

I played that race and many others for an hour and a half straight last night with no lag :)

Set your min CPU speed to 300MHz
    Max CPU to 1.1GHz
    Governor to PegasusQ or Interactive
    scheduler to noop
    undervolt to whatever your known good levels are

This should stop all throttling in gaming.
    In case anyone is interested, Need for Speed Most Wanted is 99 cents.
    My N10 doesn't run as hot either.

BTW: if it has not been mentioned, Nova 3 is on sale for .99 cents!
    Anyone with throttling issues, I might recommend checking out franco.Kernel:

r2:
    * Merge over 60 patches from Google android-3.4/exynos branch which include mostly improvements on the GPU and graphics memory allocator drivers, amongst other things
    * Add toggle to enable/disable fsync
    * Fixed thermal driver to do its job properly: one throttle to 1000MHz and another throttle to 700MHz, if it gets even warmer. Also get rid of memory throttling, seems kinda absurd to me. This should get rid of lagging while abusing your device
    I killed my Live Wallpaper and Wifi and the lag is at minimum.